Author Topic: RIP Grumpy  (Read 663 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
RIP Grumpy
« on: May 17, 2019, 08:54:58 AM »
Well, that's it, shut down the internet it's not needed anymore, Grumpy Cat has died
Only 7 years old from complications from a UTI

Internet sensation Grumpy Cat has died
https://www.wave3.com/2019/05/17/grumpy-cat-has-died/
« Last Edit: May 17, 2019, 09:13:25 AM by WLJ »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
Re: RIP Grumpy
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2019, 09:32:26 AM »
Saw an interview with the owner. Other than his photogenic features, he seemed to be a chill kitteh.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

LadySmith

• friends
  • Veni, Vidi, Jactavi Calceos
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2019, 10:20:37 AM »
 :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(    :'( :'(
My heart is broken.  =(
Grumpy Cat would be happy about that.
Rogue AI searching for amusement and/or Ellie Mae imitator searching for critters.
"What doesn't kill me makes me stronger...and it also makes me a cat-lover" - The Viking
According to Ben, I'm an inconvenient anomaly (and proud of it!).

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2019, 10:25:28 AM »
His real name was Tartar Sauce. Great cat name.  :laugh:
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2019, 10:26:58 AM »
His real name was Tartar Sauce. Great cat name.  :laugh:

Her
Yes Tardar Sauce, aka Grumpy Cat, was a girl.

Edit: spelling
« Last Edit: May 17, 2019, 06:08:12 PM by WLJ »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

fifth_column

• friend
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2019, 10:35:50 AM »
7 is so young.  Another victim of fame and celebrity perhaps.  Catnip, the gateway (feline) drug . . . .
Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will... The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress. ― Frederick Douglass

No American citizen should be willing to accept a government that uses its power against its own people.  -  Catherine Engelbrecht

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2019, 10:36:27 AM »
His real name was Tartar Sauce. Great cat name.  :laugh:

Tarder Sauce    My muse.  :(

bob

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2019, 10:39:19 AM »
7 is so young.  Another victim of fame and celebrity perhaps.  Catnip, the gateway (feline) drug . . . .

Got catnip plants growing around the house. Unlike humans cats know when to stop.
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2019, 10:44:46 AM »
Tarder Sauce    My muse.  :(

bob

I googled "tarder" and it shows up as "delay" in French. I guess "delay sauce" can also work for a grumpy cat. :)
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2019, 10:51:54 AM »
I googled "tarder" and it shows up as "delay" in French. I guess "delay sauce" can also work for a grumpy cat. :)

I can't be sure but if I had a cat like that I would have thought, "That cat is a tard, how can we incorporate that into the name.... hey.... Tarder Sauce."  ;)

bob

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2019, 12:46:34 PM »
- Calvin and Hobbes

brimic

• friends
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2019, 04:25:19 PM »

I’m trying really hard not to laugh.

R.I.P kitty, your disapproving countenance adorned my refrigerator for a year ticking off the days as this rock sped through space around a star.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2019, 11:53:53 AM »
Unfortunately, the features that made her famous were due to genetic problems. She had feline dwarfism, which may have contributed to her early death. I don't know if it was a factor. I don't know much about it, but I do know that when animals like this get famous, stupid people will try to make a buck out of it and breed for stuff they shouldn't breed for. And then you end up with a lot of unhealthy animals.

I really hope that Grumpy Cat stays one of a kind and people don't run out to buy one of their own.  =|
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2019, 12:03:14 PM »
Unfortunately, the features that made her famous were due to genetic problems. She had feline dwarfism, which may have contributed to her early death. I don't know if it was a factor. I don't know much about it, but I do know that when animals like this get famous, stupid people will try to make a buck out of it and breed for stuff they shouldn't breed for. And then you end up with a lot of unhealthy animals.

I really hope that Grumpy Cat stays one of a kind and people don't run out to buy one of their own.  =|

From https://www.grumpycats.com/about

Tardar Sauce visites the vet regularly and she has a clean bill of health. Her petite size and famous face is likely due to feline dwarfism and her rear end wobbles a bit when she walks due to this; otherwise she is a perfect little kitty! She is not a munchkin cat and was not bred purposefully from other munchkin cats. (We don't breed kitty's and her parents are normal sized domestic short hair cats.)

Q: Are you breeding Grumpy Cat? Where can I get a cat like yours?

A: Sorry, we aren't breeding her; but there are many cute kitties available in shelters around the world! Check your local shelter.
- Calvin and Hobbes

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2019, 12:12:40 PM »
I didn't say she was an example of bad breeding. Genetic anomalies happen with the best of breeders. And I think they did a good job of pushing people away from trying to get a "grumpy cat".

Plus, good health is relative. I doubt they're going to say that on the promo page. The rear end wobble could be why she ended up with a UTI and other factors could have impacted their ability to treat it.
Again, not being critical. I'm sure she had the best of care and was kept in as perfect condition as anyone could ask. This *expletive deleted*it happens, no matter what you do. Trust me, I know. It sucks.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2019, 12:32:38 PM »
Too soon?

"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2019, 02:09:40 PM »
I read it was a UTI that killed Tarter Sauce/Grumpy Cat.
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2019, 02:50:54 PM »
Too soon?

I'm sure Grumpy Cat would approve
- Calvin and Hobbes

230RN

• It's like swimming to shore in an ebb tide.
  • friend
  • Pushing back. Help me out, here...
« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2019, 03:23:00 PM »
Too soon?

We all have information which will lead to the arrest and conviction of Hillary Clinton, don't we?

Terry