Author Topic: Meanwhile in France  (Read 1282 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Meanwhile in France
« on: May 20, 2019, 10:18:12 AM »
And this is what many of Dem 2020 wannabes want here.

“France does not belong to the French! Everyone has a right to be here!” yelled one of the migrants, organised by the pro-migration La Chapelle Debout group, through a loudspeaker, as they pressed for their presence in the country to be regularised.

Calling themselves “Black Vests” in a homage — of sorts — to the Yellow Vests who have been protesting Emmanuel Macron for months, the migrants also demanded Air France “stop any financial, material, logistical or political participation in deportations” in a statement published on Facebook.
They were even more brazen in 2018, storming the historic Basilica of Saint-Denis, which holds the tombs of many of France’s kings, alongside anti-borders left-wingers, forcing clergymen to cancel a Catholic mass and remaining in situ until the authorities forcibly ejected them from the premises.

WATCH: ‘France Does Not Belong to the French!’ – Hundreds of Illegal Migrants Occupy French Airport
https://www.breitbart.com/europe/2019/05/20/watch-france-does-not-belong-french-hundreds-illegal-migrants-occupy-french-airport/
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
Re: Meanwhile in France
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2019, 10:27:38 AM »
I fear Europe is going to go one of two ways and neither one is pretty.
1) Rollover and become full Muslim with anyone not submitting getting slaughtered
2) A full on radical right wing push back with anyone not submitting getting slaughtered.

I'm finding it harder and harder to see a peaceful outcome out of this
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2019, 10:30:00 AM »
Just another way of saying “we’re a nation of immigrants”.

Diversity + proximity = conflict

The coming tribalism in America will make current politics seem tame.

We kid ourselves that we are somehow different.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2019, 10:31:52 AM »
Just another way of saying “we’re a nation of immigrants”.

Diversity + proximity = conflict

The coming tribalism in America will make current politics seem tame.

They've turned what used to be melting pot into a tossed salad.
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2019, 10:54:23 AM »
They've turned what used to be melting pot into a tossed salad.
The left became disenchanted with heritage Americans and imported new and improved Americans.

Heritage Americans in their naivety bought the melting pot lie.

The British, the French and Germans who made up early America  got along because we were still a frontier nation. There was plenty of room to segregate.

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2019, 11:14:17 AM »
The left became disenchanted with heritage Americans and imported new and improved Americans.

The British, the French and Germans who made up early America  got along because we were still a frontier nation. There was plenty of room to segregate.

1900 or so: Yes many immigrants did segregate to a certain degree but for the most part they learned English and didn't expect handouts from the government and became proud hardworking Americans.

2019: Racist Americans need to learn Spanish or whatever. Why should immigrants be expected to learn a foreign language?  Oh, and here's your free housing, schooling, health care, food, etc..... Oh, and remember you're not an American, you're a _________ dash American. And if anyone expects you  to actually learn English and become an American citizen and act remotely American give us a call, we'll send the PC police to straighten them out. And remember, vote for me or the big bad wolf will take away your free stuff. Press 1 for English 2 for.......
« Last Edit: May 20, 2019, 11:27:00 AM by WLJ »
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2019, 11:21:18 AM »
1900 or so: Yes many immigrants did segregate to a certain degree but for the most part they learned English and didn't expect handouts from the government and became proud hardworking Americans.

2019: Racist Americans need to learn Spanish or whatever. Why should immigrants be expected to learn a foreign language?  Oh, and here's your free housing, schooling, health care, food, etc..... Oh, and remember you're not an American, you're a _________ - American. And if anyone expects you  to actually become an American citizen and act American give us a call, we'll send the PC police to straighten them out. Press 1 for English 2 for.......

Much of this, IMO.  I grew up in an immigrant household, and my family interacted with immigrants from many countries (mostly European), and all of them were people who assimilated. Certainly there was some segregation to the point of whatever (for my family for example) German events/holidays being celebrated, but that was among the family and other Germans. Nobody expected others to participate (though they were welcome) or tried to force it on others.

Assimilation was the name of the game, along with thanks for the opportunity to work in America.  I guess assimilation is still the name of the game, but modern immigrants from certain countries want it to work in reverse.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2019, 11:52:39 AM »

The British, the French and Germans who made up early America  got along because we were still a frontier nation. There was plenty of room to segregate.

The left couldn't win fast enough via voting.  Just add more voters.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

brimic

• friends
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2019, 12:06:41 PM »
The French lost France when they failed to elect Marine LePen.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2019, 12:24:31 PM »
Much of this, IMO.  I grew up in an immigrant household, and my family interacted with immigrants from many countries (mostly European), and all of them were people who assimilated. Certainly there was some segregation to the point of whatever (for my family for example) German events/holidays being celebrated, but that was among the family and other Germans. Nobody expected others to participate (though they were welcome) or tried to force it on others.

Assimilation was the name of the game, along with thanks for the opportunity to work in America.  I guess assimilation is still the name of the game, but modern immigrants from certain countries want it to work in reverse.

Same here except a  generation or two ahead of you.

I don’t have any family members I can think of that speak German on my moms side or Polish on my dads side.

The Polish side “Americanized” the last name several generations before I was born.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2019, 02:10:01 PM »
... Press 1 for English 2 for.......

I've actually been encountering a lot more of "Pressione uno para Espanol, Pressione dois para o português, Press three for English."

I'm also realizing that the main reason behind McDonald's new ordering kiosks is so they no longer need to worry that most of their staff can't speak English.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2019, 02:11:07 PM »
The French lost France when they failed to elect Marine LePen.

QFT
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2019, 08:05:03 AM »
"I grew up in an immigrant household"

Wait... WHAT?

You're a ferriner?

Someone grab him, we need to deport his ass!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2019, 08:20:14 AM »
I've actually been encountering a lot more of "Pressione uno para Espanol, Pressione dois para o português, Press three for English."

I'm also realizing that the main reason behind McDonald's new ordering kiosks is so they no longer need to worry that most of their staff can't speak English.

Press 1 for American
Press 2 for American
Press 3 for American
Press 4 for American
Press 5 for American
Press 6 and an ICE agent will be with you shortly
- Calvin and Hobbes