Author Topic: I Have to Agree With Ice-T...  (Read 639 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
I Have to Agree With Ice-T...
« on: May 22, 2019, 02:18:13 PM »
... Identify both yourselves and your vehicles Amazon individual delivery drivers! I don't have any here yet, but back in CA there were some sketchy looking people in unmarked beaters delivering packages. Amazon should really know better, especially since they're promoting inside the home delivery. Give these people some kind of uniforms/ID. Also to some of the drivers: Take a shower, get a haircut, and wear decent looking clothes (or the uniform)!

https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2019/05/22/law-order-theme-ice-t-says-he-almost-shot-an-amazon-worker-delivering-a-package/

"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
Re: I Have to Agree With Ice-T...
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2019, 02:47:17 PM »
Up until a few weeks ago, almost all of my Amazon packages were being delivered by Flex: people in their private cars.  Amazon has been pushing hard and offering very low cost loans for people to buy a fleet of delivery vans with Amazon branding and start their own delivery business.  Lo and behold, this has started in my area.  Sprinter vans painted dark blue with Amazon branding, and drivers wearing a uniform.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2019, 03:41:09 PM »
We are going to have a 2.4 million square foot (600k sq ft footprint) fulfillment center opening here pretty soon so I expect to see a bunch of those vans to be running around.

bob

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2019, 04:15:08 PM »
You should always agree with Ice-T
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2019, 04:59:10 PM »
Up until a few weeks ago, almost all of my Amazon packages were being delivered by Flex: people in their private cars.  Amazon has been pushing hard and offering very low cost loans for people to buy a fleet of delivery vans with Amazon branding and start their own delivery business.  Lo and behold, this has started in my area.  Sprinter vans painted dark blue with Amazon branding, and drivers wearing a uniform.

This has happened in Cincinnati as well.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2019, 12:01:42 AM »
A little north of Houston at my parent's house, almost still out in the country, Amazon uses drivers to deliver packages.  I've been there when they have showed up with stuff my brother ordered.  They always call right before they get there.  And they haven't looked any sketchier than your typical east-Texan...
"It's good, though..."

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2019, 05:26:19 AM »
https://www.breitbart.com/entertainment/2013/07/05/ice-t-gun-rights-are-civil-rights/

I suspect from his lyrics that Ice-T doesn't need to be convinced that the government and it's agents won't always act in his interests. Once that is accepted pretty much everyone starts to look at the RKBA as an important civil right.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2019, 08:24:10 AM »
A little north of Houston at my parent's house, almost still out in the country, Amazon uses drivers to deliver packages.  I've been there when they have showed up with stuff my brother ordered.  They always call right before they get there.  And they haven't looked any sketchier than your typical east-Texan...

They all look like Sheldon Cooper?
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2019, 11:39:16 AM »
They all look like Sheldon Cooper?

20-somethings and 30-somethings driving 5+ year old modest cars.  About half of them are Mexicans.  There was one black woman.  None wearing hajib.  (typical east Texans)  A few probably look like Sheldon but I don't have a very large sample (about 6 or 7) :) 
"It's good, though..."