Author Topic: Thersea May to stepdown 7 June  (Read 1156 times)

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
Thersea May to stepdown 7 June
« on: May 24, 2019, 01:15:03 PM »
https://www.businessinsider.com/theresa-may-expected-to-resign-after-losing-support-of-cabinet-2019-5

The scramble begins to take over the Tories.  Which has to come up with a viable Brexit Plan by 31 Oct, that the Take it Leave it EU will reject.

Looks like the UK will "Crash Out", but the give that the markets seem unfazed by the prospect, I'll bet dollars to donuts that the doom and gloom prognostications are way, way, way off.  In fact, I think the opposite will be true, that British economy will grow once unshackled from the EU.

Which if that is the case, might tempt others to test the Frexit, Itexit,, Polexit, Hunxit, and others.

The only problem will be the inter-Irish Border.  Interesting times ahead.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

HankB

• friend
Re: Thersea May to stepdown 7 June
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2019, 07:19:14 PM »
. . . I'll bet dollars to donuts that the doom and gloom prognostications are way, way, way off.  . . .
Disbelieve prognostications by the smartest and most learned people around?

Optimist.

You must have forgotten the Y2K horror, Algore's 2006 prediction that we only had 10 years left due to global warming, the Mayan end of creation prophecy which hit in 2012, and Hillary's election night landslide in November 2016.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2019, 08:52:30 PM »

Optimist.

You must have forgotten the Y2K horror, Algore's 2006 prediction that we only had 10 years left due to global warming, the Mayan end of creation prophecy which hit in 2012, and Hillary's election night landslide in November 2016.

I don't think the Maya actually predicted a calamity in 2012, that's just when their calendar ended.  (reminds me, I need to play Pacal again in Civ 5, and nuke everybody in 2012)  Their actual calamity came much earlier; if they were still around in 2012 the calendar might very well start over for another however many baktuns. (sp?)  They weren't here to say.
"It's good, though..."

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2019, 10:30:15 PM »

Optimist.

Not to mention all those religious sects whose members sold all their earthly goods and gathered on a hilltop for the assumption of the faithful ... which didn't occur on schedule. Whereupon their leader consulted his oracles, divined the source of the error, and issued a revised prognostication. Which likewise came and went without the predicted end of the world taking place.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2019, 11:50:24 PM »
Not to mention all those religious sects whose members sold all their earthly goods and gathered on a hilltop for the assumption of the faithful ... which didn't occur on schedule. Whereupon their leader consulted his oracles, divined the source of the error, and issued a revised prognostication. Which likewise came and went without the predicted end of the world taking place.

Engage with Zorp.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

HankB

• friend
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2019, 09:33:29 AM »
I don't think the Maya actually predicted a calamity in 2012, that's just when their calendar ended.  (reminds me, I need to play Pacal again in Civ 5, and nuke everybody in 2012)  Their actual calamity came much earlier; if they were still around in 2012 the calendar might very well start over for another however many baktuns. (sp?)  They weren't here to say.
So some learned meteorologists misinterpreted the Mayans back in December 2012? Say it ain't so!

Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2019, 09:37:28 AM »
Good, she has been working tirelessly to keep the UK subservient to the globalists.

Hopefully they get a pro nationalist, pro USA government out of this mess.

We need a reset with the UK. They will need to punish those who were undermining our our last presidential election though.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.