Author Topic: Walther CCP  (Read 8302 times)

dogmush

• friend
Re: Walther CCP
« Reply #50 on: June 16, 2019, 01:52:38 PM »
Terry, pretty sure you mean the R51.  The R1 is a 1911.

And the issues with the R51 weren't the design.  Mine is fine:

=D

Mike, I didn't really like the CCP anyways, but thanks.  If you ever want to sell that P7 though, gimme a call.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #51 on: June 16, 2019, 02:15:01 PM »
My HK P7 is delayed blowback and has never bobbled.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Good for you.  N=1. :rofl:

Take my remarks or leave them, as I said.  Just general principles, like don't buy a rifle chambered in a brand new cartridge.

Fun:
https://nationalinterest.org/blog/buzz/5-guns-worlds-armed-forces-can-kill-you-55277

Terry
« Last Edit: June 16, 2019, 02:35:22 PM by 230RN »
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #52 on: June 16, 2019, 07:27:25 PM »
I can understand getting to not trust a gun.  IMO, it really depends on if you like the gun or if you just shoot it accurately.  If so, shoot more ammo through it to sort of let it prove itself again.  I have heard people talk about going 500 rounds without a malfunction to prove a carry gun.  Whatever makes you comfortable. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #53 on: June 17, 2019, 07:43:17 AM »
"Take my remarks or leave them..."

I'll leave them in this instance.

The HK P7 series of handguns has an enviable reputation for reliability stretching back nearly 50 years and with a number of major US and international police organizations.

The biggest failure point of the P7 series hasn't been the precision fit in the gas piston (one would wonder if you only have this concern about handguns, or any other gun that uses a gas piston design, of which there are hundreds, if not thousands), but the firing pin retainer collar.

Unfortunately, when that breaks, it also renders the gun completely nonfunctional. But fortunately it's easy to inspect for.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

castle key

• friend
« Reply #54 on: June 17, 2019, 04:37:37 PM »
The biggest failure point of the P7 series hasn't been the precision fit in the gas piston (one would wonder if you only have this concern about handguns, or any other gun that uses a gas piston design, of which there are hundreds, if not thousands), but the firing pin retainer collar.

Seen dozens of that failure...
Vigilate hoc, tenendum per ebrietatem.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #55 on: June 20, 2019, 02:05:42 PM »
Well, apparently Walther's "legendary warranty" doesn't include legendary service speed.

I wrote Sunday morning. By Wednesday morning I still hadn't had even an inkling of a response from them, so I shot off a rather terse e-mail asking for a timeframe when this could get going.

I got a response about 20 minutes later asking for my phone number so that a case could be established. I gave him my phone number. Then... nothing.

So, about 20 minutes ago I get an e-mail from the same guy asking if a certain part was still in place.... and asking for my phone number (again) so that a case could be established.

I confirmed that the part appeared to be in place and "as I noted in my response to you yesterday, my number is XXXXXXX (this time bold and large text).

Apparently he didn't even bother to look at the photograph I provided because it clearly shows the part in place.

I'm starting to get a very bad feeling that this is going to end up being a goat rope trying to get them to deal with this.

Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #56 on: June 20, 2019, 02:58:41 PM »
doesn't include legendary service speed.

For what it's worth, I'm currently in week 8 of waiting for my S&W 642 to get back from S&W.  The process actually started in March.  Two Fridays ago it was "in shipping."   Last Friday it was "in shipping".  I expect if I call tomorrow it will be "in shipping".  This was a gun that they determined needed a "new frame", which I assume means a new gun.

Can the seller (Bud's, was it?) do anything for you, like just get you a new gun?
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #57 on: June 20, 2019, 03:12:51 PM »
Coming back is one thing.

This hasn't even gotten started yet.

I don't want to try to jack Bud's up over this. They fulfilled their mission. Walther hasn't. I'll give Walther a chance. I'm just going to be grump as hell about it because goddamn it I want my gun.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #58 on: June 20, 2019, 04:50:58 PM »
I was having a short cycling issue with my Brownells BRN-180 AR Upper.  I emailed them and they immediately said to send it back for an exchange.  Said there was a known issue with barrel gas ports drilled too small.  It took a couple days to get a paid postage label.  I got the new one yesterday.  Took less than 2 weeks.  I like Brownells service. 

I have a pistol I am waiting for a response back to get it fixed.  I haven't harassed them much since I have been busy.  I need to change that.  I may have to post about that later.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #59 on: June 24, 2019, 08:54:57 AM »
I've just about had it with Walther.

After I provided my phone number -- TWICE -- to "open a case" I didn't hear a damned thing from Walther, so this morning I sent out another e-mail to the guy I've been in contact with.

He's on vacation until 1 July. Unfuckingbelievable.

So, start at square one with a ANOTHER e-mail to Walther customer service with all of the previous correspondence attached.

For a company that prides itself on "legendary customer service," what I'm seeing so far is that their customer service is a legend, as in you hear nice things about it but it's not exactly true.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #60 on: June 26, 2019, 02:49:09 PM »
FINALLY have the return shipping label and authorization. Jesus wept.

I'll be shipping the thing out via FuckedupinExcess tomorrow.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #61 on: June 26, 2019, 03:05:10 PM »
FINALLY have the return shipping label and authorization. Jesus wept.

I'll be shipping the thing out via FuckedupinExcess tomorrow.
Does that mean they are at least paying for shipping?  Not everyone does.

I just shipped a Rex Delta to FIME group and had to pay for it.  The pistol works great, but the slide locks back with ammo in the mag 1 to 5 times per mag.  They didn't quiz me when I contacted them so I may not be the only one.  I think it would be a good performer if that is fixed.  Spare magazine availability needs to be there also.  The part that catches the mag follower doesn't seem to be sitting high.  My only thought is it is not spring loaded and may be moving around during recoil.  

The Rex Zero 1 pistols I have work perfectly.  

I recall seeing Canik had a recall on a few of their pistols and the information I saw said you had to pay shipping to them.  Most issues that have come up for me the OEM pays shipping, but not always.  
« Last Edit: June 27, 2019, 10:43:48 AM by MechAg94 »

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #62 on: June 27, 2019, 09:20:33 AM »
"Does that mean they are at least paying for shipping?  Not everyone does."

Yes.

I didn't get a chance to box it up last night but I'll do so tonight so I can drop it into the shipping stream tomorrow.

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #63 on: June 27, 2019, 02:13:49 PM »
I had an issue with a Henry Mini-Bolt and sent it to the factory for repair.  They shipped me a box to send it back in and paid shipping both ways.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #64 on: June 27, 2019, 05:12:34 PM »
The Sig recall on my P320 was handled 100% by them.  Springfield Armory did the same for the XDs a few years back also. 

I think some of the smaller companies and importers have more trouble eating that cost.  I would prefer they at least let me use their shipping rates which are probably much cheaper than what I have to pay.

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #65 on: June 27, 2019, 06:48:25 PM »
The Sig recall on my P320 was handled 100% by them.  Springfield Armory did the same for the XDs a few years back also. 

In recent years, Charter Arms, Springfield, and S&W have all covered shipping.  Bersa did not.

I think some of the smaller companies and importers have more trouble eating that cost.  I would prefer they at least let me use their shipping rates which are probably much cheaper than what I have to pay.

Charter would send a FedEx tag, with contents listed as "machined parts". 
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #66 on: July 02, 2019, 08:49:19 AM »
There was nothing listed on the tag as to contents and the guy who did the intake never asked me what was in the box.

So... don't ask, don't tell.

Devonai

• friend
  • Panic Mode Activated
    • Kyrie Devonai Publishing
« Reply #67 on: July 02, 2019, 04:20:19 PM »
Charter would send a FedEx tag, with contents listed as "machined parts". 

When I shipped a pistol back to S&W for repair, that's exactly what I said was in the box.
My writing blog: Kyrie Devonai Publishing

When in danger, when in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout!

brimic

• friends
« Reply #68 on: July 02, 2019, 04:36:27 PM »
You are not going to like this... but get a Glock for concealed carry, and then don't look back. It took me about 10k worth of handguns to get to that point.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #69 on: July 02, 2019, 09:03:31 PM »
You are not going to like this... but get a Glock for concealed carry, and then don't look back. It took me about 10k worth of handguns to get to that point.
He was trying to stay at a lower price level.  IMO, there are a number of guns that I would recommend depending on what someone wants.  There are a lot of reliable choices out there these days.

One of the Glocks I bought had to go back to them for repair.  (G21 I think)  Once or twice per magazine it would chamber the next round and I would get a dead trigger.  It wouldn't reset.  I think they just changed the trigger group.  What counted for me is they fixed it and it has been 100% since then.  If Walther doesn't send him back a working gun, then I would be more inclined to bash them.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #70 on: July 03, 2019, 06:01:32 PM »
You're right. I'm not going to like it. Nor am I going to get a glock. I shot Mtnbkr's Glock the night my CCP went tits up, and it just reinforced how much I do NOT like Glocks.

And, if anyone has been paying attention, I eliminated Glocks immediately as a new carry gun simply from the standpoint that they do not have an external thumb safety.

I don't care what anyone else wants, I REQUIRE an external thumb safety on a striker fired gun (the only exception being my HK P9).

Snowdog

• friend
« Reply #71 on: July 08, 2019, 05:21:10 AM »
I bought a CCP M2 for my wife (she received it after I had it cerakoted in robin egg blue). 

I like the ergonomics but I'm less than enthusiastic about the sights.  The white does in low light are hard to see.  The trigger is nice and the handgun is accurate.

We put some rounds of factory loads through it without any issues.  I then moved on to my reloads (120gr polycoated truncated from wheel weights) and had no issues until we had a REAL issue. 

The slide locked in half-cycle and seemed quite seized at the range.  That ended our session and my wife's confidence in the pistol. 

The slide was cleared at home by using some force (I had to be cafeful due to the live round that couldn't be ejected or chambered) but the pistol has sit in its case since.  I suspect a piece of lead or jacket material made its way into the works and gummed things up.

My wife has gone back to my electroless nickel K9.

I'm willing to give the pistol a 2nd chance since it has a lot going for it.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #72 on: July 08, 2019, 07:47:52 AM »
At least I know that Walther has received my pistol. Signed for last Wednesday.

Which makes me think that Walther is increasingly incapable of functioning on this issue.

Per theirs CSR, they send out a notification once they receive the pistol.

Well, they got it last Wednesday and still no notification e-mail. It could be the holiday. But I don't think it is. I'm getting a pretty clear pictures that Walther simply is largely incompetent.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #73 on: July 08, 2019, 08:27:31 AM »
I usually give companies a bit of leeway on stuff like that when when it's during a holiday week.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #74 on: July 08, 2019, 08:33:15 AM »
I usually give companies a bit of leeway on stuff like that when when it's during a holiday week.

I'd be more willing to give them a bit of leeway on it given the holiday but for the fact that they've pretty much failed on the communications standpoint at all stages of this process to this point.

I've had to push them repeatedly on everything, including providing the same information TWICE (that could have been gotten from my warranty registration) to get the case started.

And then once the case was started, they failed again on the notification process and I had to push them yet again.

Over the weekend I did finally manage to go paws on with a Ruger Security 9 compact. It had the flush magazine so I wasn't at all crazy about how it felt in my hand. My pinky was hanging out into space. A different magazine or a full-size version might be more to my liking.