Author Topic: EU Parliment elections  (Read 644 times)

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
EU Parliment elections
« on: May 30, 2019, 05:49:30 AM »
Hooo-boy, is this gonna be fun.

The FU Parties of France, Italy, Britain, Poland and Hungary win big.  Belgium's government fell, and there is no clearly majority, nor coalition to take it's place. While the traditional Center-Left and Center-Right parties lose.  Especially in Germany, where Merkel's "Grand Coalition" government crumbles even further.     

The EU may have over-played it's hand in negotiations and now there will be a No-Deal Brexit come 31 Oct.  (Which contrary to everyone's opinion will be pretty much "No Big Deal".*)  The only hitch is the Ireland/Northern Ireland border.  Which either becomes the equivalent of the US Southern Border to trans-ship goods through, avoiding the new customs rules, or The Brits will have to re-establish border checkpoints as from the time of the Troubles, and potentially kicking off another civil war.  While the Brexit Party won big in England and Wales, it lost in Scotland,of the three seats from Northern Ireland, there is one Pro-Brexit, one Anti-Brexit and one "Can't we all just get along and maybe have a do-over re-vote on the whole killing people errr, Brexit thing "

*-  Why is it no big deal ??  Look at the markets, they are not in the meltdown that the pessimists would have you believe.  Businesses have been preparing for the change and are pretty much ready to adapt.  It's Government(s) inertia that is the problem.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/european-election

https://www.dw.com/en/german-eu-election-results-ramp-up-pressure-on-merkels-coalition/a-48884360

https://www.bbc.com/news/topics/c7zzdg3pmgpt/european-elections-2019

Its gonna be interesting....

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Re: EU Parliment elections
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2019, 08:47:41 AM »
Oh dear, the Right Wing Nationalists had a solidly good showing.

It's all Trump's fault, because everyone knows that any right wing nationalism is simply Fasnazisim in action.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2019, 08:55:13 AM »
As part of this, I think it quite amusing that the EU's efforts to make the Brexit negotiations as difficult as possible and punish England for wanting to leave has now gained them MANY MEPs that want their own countries (including Britain!) out of the EU.

The elite proves OVER and OVER how incompetent they are.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2019, 11:09:57 AM by makattak »
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2019, 11:14:01 AM »
Russians are everywhere! 

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes