Author Topic: Outing Fake SEALs  (Read 674 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Outing Fake SEALs
« on: May 30, 2019, 10:23:17 AM »
Or is that SEELs?

I got sucked into a Youtube rabbit hole this morning and found this: Don Shipley, a former SEAL, spends his time outing fakes. This is a compilation of him outing three car salesmen who used their "SEAL background" to impress their employer and customers. Some NSFW language, but funny in a cringing sort of way.

https://youtu.be/xciBRHHx3QY
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Declaration Day

• friends
Re: Outing Fake SEALs
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2019, 10:58:00 AM »
Don Shipley has been at this for a while.  This is my favorite confrontation:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hW5Q-jt0AI0

It's a great video, but be warned that after you watch it, you'll want to punch the next person who says "check it out".

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2019, 11:02:48 AM »
Senior Chief Shipley  is a rock star. He has a passion for outing fakes, SEALs, Green Beret or anyone faking military service actually but mostly fake SEALs. I love watching and listening to him confront the fakes.

bob

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2019, 11:10:37 AM »
I also saw that Youtube has apparently banned his channel because he outed the faker from the Covington incident.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

brimic

• friends
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2019, 11:50:57 AM »
What would be awesome is if some pissed off vets cut Mr ‘Checkitout’s’ tattoo off his arm.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2019, 01:51:14 PM »
What would be awesome is if some pissed off vets cut Mr ‘Checkitout’s’ tattoo off his arm.

I once had the unfortunate experience of witnessing a motorcycle club tattoo being removed in that fashion.
It wasn't pretty.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2019, 03:17:26 PM »
I once had the unfortunate experience of witnessing a motorcycle club tattoo being removed in that fashion.
It wasn't pretty.

That's a story that needs to be told.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2019, 11:08:02 PM »
A long time ago I was a member of a motorcycle club. It was an "outlaw" club but not a 1% club.
We were mostly a pretty benign bunch of guys.
One of our members had a brother (actual blood relation brother) that had been a member of a well known 1%  east coast motorcycle club.
He left that club on less than positive but not bad enough to get dead terms. There was jail time involved and when he got out of jail his parole terms prevented him from associating with the previous club. He had made the unfortunate decision to have the clubs colors tattooed on his arm,(it was about 3-4" in diameter) before he had gone to jail.
He had relocated to our area (Tidewater area of Virginia) and the old club did not have a presence there at the time. Not long after he got there the old club began making their presence known.
It was put out that if he was found out alone by his former club members they would remove the tattoo from him the hard way.
One night there was a group of us hanging around our clubhouse and he had decided to have the tattoo removed. After much alcohol and allegedly some prime herb had been consumed it was decided that one of our crazier members who was particularly adept with a knife would delicately remove the offending ink from the back of his forearm. There was a lot of cussing, quite a bit of bleeding and more consumption fairly large amounts of liquor.
About the time it was almost done, it took about 20 minutes total, another member showed up that was also a pretty good tattoo artist, I have some of his work on my shoulder.
The tattoo guy looked at him and said "dude for twenty bucks and a six pack I could have done a killer cover up on that".
 :facepalm:
The de-tattooed guy tried to keep the patch of skin and dry it for a souvenir but I think the mice in the clubhouse got it.
 I was kind of surprised he didn't get an infection and the scar while noticeable did heal quite nicely
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Declaration Day

• friends
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2019, 09:02:28 AM »
I don't think any amount of drugs or alcohol could get me to sit still and let someone cut my flesh off with a knife.  If I were in such a circumstance, I'd just have it covered up, even if just in solid black ink.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2019, 09:23:25 AM »
 [barf]
Think I would be trying to come up with all kinds alternatives including having it modified before having someone carve a chunk of my flesh off.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2019, 10:17:15 PM by WLJ »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2019, 08:23:09 PM »
For the most part they really were a pretty good bunch of guys but most had some serious, and in a few cases near fatal levels of testosterone poisoning.
Combine that with epic amounts of alcohol and no telling what might transpire.

Samuel Adams