Author Topic: Apparently it's too easy to buy machine guns online  (Read 1331 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Apparently it's too easy to buy machine guns online
« on: May 31, 2019, 12:59:48 PM »
According to the Great All Knowing, All Wise Barack Obama

'Gun laws in the United States don't make much sense. Anybody can buy any weapon, anytime without, you know, without much if any regulation. They can buy over the Internet. They can buy machine guns.'
Yep, any weapon. Ordering a W59 from Buds Gunshop right now.

Honestly sometimes I don't know if they're actually this ignorant or just know that the masses are and will buy whatever they say without question.
Probably more of the latter

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7090009/Barack-Obama-says-gun-laws-dont-make-sense.html

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2019/05/daniel-zimmerman/obama-its-too-easy-to-buy-machine-guns-online-in-the-us/
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

HankB

• friend
Re: Apparently it's too easy to buy machine guns online
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2019, 01:18:17 PM »
Prominent politicians, activists, and reporters have been corrected SO many times over the years, it's not plausible that it's simple ignorance at work.

It's far more plausible that what we're seeing is a deliberate, intentional, and malicious pattern of lies.

. . . Yep, any weapon. Ordering a W59 from Buds Gunshop right now . . .
Scouring Amazon for an HKMP5SD and hoping I can get Amazon Prime free home delivery . . .
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

griz

• friend
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2019, 01:31:11 PM »

Honestly sometimes I don't know if they're actually this ignorant or just know that the masses are and will buy whatever they say without question.

I'm voting "more of the latter".

By the way, I hear that if you buy a 30mm machine gun, Amazon will throw in a surplus A-10 with free shipping.
Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2019, 01:42:38 PM »
Whoa
Switching my order to Amazon.
Buy three W59 warheads and get a free Minuteman II launch system!
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2019, 01:54:11 PM »
Wonder if I can get free shipping on a trident missile. Those MIRV'd warheads are the bomb.
 =D
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Kingcreek

• friend
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2019, 02:42:16 PM »
Can somebody tell me where I can order a schmeisser mp28.2 just like the one I handed to a BATFE agent 3 years ago? Or the Chinese AK with the 3 position safety?
All I got for them was a single piece of paper with a notice that I was surrendering them into his custody and I could appear in federal court if I believed I was entitled to regain rightful possession of them.
What we have here is failure to communicate.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2019, 02:48:46 PM »
Prominent politicians, activists, and reporters have been corrected SO many times over the years, it's not plausible that it's simple ignorance at work.

It's far more plausible that what we're seeing is a deliberate, intentional, and malicious pattern of lies.

I don't think there can be much question.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2019, 02:54:56 PM »
I did just order a 1928A1 Thompson Submachinegun for Amazon.    >:D

They were out of M1A1 versions.  [tinfoil] :angel: ...  :rofl:
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2019, 03:16:10 PM »
Wonder if I can get free shipping on a trident missile. Those MIRV'd warheads are the bomb.
 =D

I was looking at those, I don't have a big enough lake for a Ohio class submarine so I passed.
Wonder if they'll let me rent enough dock space on the Ohio River for one? Hmmmm
- Calvin and Hobbes

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2019, 03:55:49 PM »
I want my STG44....I want my STG44  [/Sting voice - from Dire Straights "Money for Nothing"]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRDgihVDEko
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2019, 04:06:48 PM »
According to the Great All Knowing, All Wise Barack Obama
Yep, any weapon. Ordering a W59 from Buds Gunshop right now.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7090009/Barack-Obama-says-gun-laws-dont-make-sense.html

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2019/05/daniel-zimmerman/obama-its-too-easy-to-buy-machine-guns-online-in-the-us/

He's either lying, or that ignorant.  Take you pick.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2019, 04:22:04 PM »
WLJ
Probably more of the latter.

HankB

Both true.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2019, 04:27:55 PM »
AOC and Maxine Waters are examples of the former
Obama and Clinton (both) of the latter
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2019, 05:26:56 PM »

I second this, with the modification that Obama probably isn't exactly sure what gun laws actually allow. He just knows that machine guns at every convenience store is the talking point he should be pushing, so he just says something in line with that.

And you're correct that intentional wrong-doing is more plausible than being haplessly mistaken. It's not just guns, though. It's not at all plausible that Democratic politicians are just misguided public servants, or that they're people who want the best for their country, but have a different idea of how to arrive there. We're fools to keep telling ourselves that.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2019, 05:28:50 PM »
I want my STG44....I want my STG44  [/Sting voice - from Dire Straights "Money for Nothing"]

You're thinking too small.

I want my
I want my
I want my B-1B
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

MikeB

• friend
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2019, 05:39:16 PM »
Well to be fair. I have bought several Machine Guns through the Interwebs.

Of course they all cost between about 8k and 25k.

Involved $200 and lots of legal paperwork sent off to the BATFE.

Then there was some waiting, some more waiting, additional waiting, and finally some waiting.

Between 6 months and a year later for each one I receive the nice letter back from the BATFE with the old fashioned stamp saying I could own the item. Wooohooooo!!!!

Then I could finally actually transfer the thing at the gun store with yet another background check.

Finally I could actually go to the range with my fun toy, where the nice workers at the range want to check the paperwork every time to make sure it’s all legal. Now whew, Happy Switch time!!!! Yeeahh!

This is not how Obama was claiming it works in the US in his little rant. Liar!!!

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2019, 07:08:10 PM »
Money for nothing would be Mark Knopfler with Dire Straits  :old:

Learn something new every day! Sting guest appearance and I never picked up on it!
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2019, 08:10:15 PM »
I ordered a Davy Crockett M29 for an aerial salute come next Independence Day.

I just ordered it from Amazon.  Hope it gets here by Independence Day.

Davy crockett 29 on eBay - Seriously, We Have Davy crockett 29
www.ebay.com/davy+crockett+29Free Shipping Available. Buy Davy crockett 29 on eBay. Money Back Guarantee! Fill Your Cart With Color. Fast 'N Free Shipping. World's Largest Selection. Huge Savings.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2019, 08:27:54 PM by 230RN »