Author Topic: Austrian Cow Detonations.  (Read 1007 times)

MechAg94

• friend
Re: Austrian Cow Detonations.
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2019, 02:44:30 PM »
Do they not have wild animals or carrion eaters that will eat the dead cow? 

If one died where I grew up, there would be big Vulture party if nothing else.  I once drove by a pasture where there were what seemed to be a few hundred buzzards/vultures in the corner near the fence.  It may not have been a dead cow, but it was something big.  I don't think it lasted very long.

Burning the dead cows is another method. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2019, 02:48:52 PM »
AOC convinced them to hold in their farts.

Oh wait, The farmers are doing it.
Waste of a good joke
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

230RN

• It's like swimming to shore in an ebb tide.
  • friend
  • Pushing back. Help me out, here...
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2019, 02:49:46 PM »
Obligatory, with apologies.

Bring enough gun dynamite.

https://youtu.be/8Vmnq5dBF7Y (3:29)
(Narrator says dynamite)

Additional (narrated by Stacey Keach):

https://youtu.be/tbidGgVDdaI (3:48)
(Narrator says TNT)

« Last Edit: June 02, 2019, 03:14:03 PM by 230RN »

MikeB

• friend
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2019, 05:16:11 PM »
Alien probing went a little sideways?

RoadKingLarry

• friends
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Hawkmoon

• friend
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

230RN

• friend
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2019, 07:12:13 AM »
That's pretty sick.

Agreed.  I did not complain about it the last time it was posted in a thread about hogs being pests and the thread closed, but I did delete some remarks I made in my post above about hoping that nobody would post it here.

Sorry, RKL, I love you like a brother and respect your opinions, but that video is so out of bounds in terms of good sportsmanship that I can't help but agree with Hawkmoon.

No, I didn't complain to mods about it, nor will I now, leaving it to their good judgement to deal with it.

There, I said it and I ain't taking it back.

Terry, 230RN

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2019, 07:47:35 AM »
Killing wild/feral hogs isn't about sportsmanship. It's about the body count.
Unless you've seen first hand the damage they do to an ecosystem it is difficult to grasp.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

230RN

• friend
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2019, 08:32:16 AM »
"Killing wild/feral hogs isn't about sportsmanship. It's about the body count. "

That's an opinion I can't respect in terms of that particular method.  It is unnecessarily inhumane and the body count isn't 100%.

Now somebody will talk about how animals get wounded in the normal course of good hunting practice, and I've wounded animals accidentally myself, but within the limits of good sportsmanship.

I say again, this is unnecessarily inhumane and the body count isn't 100%.  "Defend," "justify," "yeahbut" it, bring it down to "slaughtering an anthill with insecticides" all you want, but that doesn't change the inherent crappy mentality that went along with that method.

Sorry, but I've said my piece.

Terry : (
« Last Edit: June 03, 2019, 08:54:28 AM by 230RN »

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2019, 08:47:55 AM »
Dang.  That is one way to kill hogs.  

At least it wasn't an automatic mine of sorts.  The person was there to kill the ones that were still alive.  I would suggest there are far less humane methods than this.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2019, 11:45:18 AM »
I thought I would try to help provide the righteous justification for using tannerite on pigs.  I guess you can decide if they deserve it or not.

https://ms.thebl.com/97460/pig-steals-18-beers-from-campers-gets-drunk-starts-a-fight-with-cow-2.html
Pig steals 18 beers from campers, gets drunk & starts a fight with cow
By the time the  pig was spotted, he was slamming down their last beer  and ran off. According to witnesses, he then ran off to dig through the trash for something to eat. He was clearly buzzed at this point and they said he started a fight with a cow.

As funny as the story is, it unfortunately didn’t end well for the pig. It wasn’t long before he tried to cross the road, still buzzed and hungover, and got hit by a truck passing through. Witnesses later found out it was him because of the unique markings on his ear.

Why did the pig cross the road?  Because he was drunk.  Pretty sure he wasn't still running from the cow.

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2019, 12:11:30 PM »
That's pretty sick.

Let me fix that.

Dude, that's effing sick!!!!   =D [ar15]

Looks fun to me.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2019, 12:25:11 PM »
You're right, it's not hunting.

It's attempting to eradicate a highly destructive, invasive species.

I haven't heard complaints about ripping up blackberry brambles by their roots.

Nor killing hornets and wasps; nor other pests (gophers, moles, etc) when discussed hereon.

In fact, IIRC you used to spend time shooting prairie dogs.  Some don't consider that hunting as you are not shooting them to utilize the animal for food, clothing, or other uses/needs.  Just shooting them to shoot them. 
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2019, 12:36:29 PM »
On a related note you got idiots like this

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2019, 01:12:14 PM »
The pig shoot would have been better if there was a fuel-air bomb used to roast the pigs.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2019, 01:48:11 PM »
The pig shoot would have been better if there was a fuel-air bomb used to roast the pigs.
They did have it elevated.  So you are saying they should add fuel bladders around the tannerite.  Interesting. 

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2019, 02:07:54 PM »
They did have it elevated.  So you are saying they should add fuel bladders around the tannerite.  Interesting. 

From ancillary stuff I have read, it appears it would have worked better in a depression (like a shallow pit to contain the pigs and the bomb) vs higher up, as there would have been surrounding higher ground to reflect back some of the energy, thus perhaps allowing for a quicker kill. Same if maybe they would have added projectiles to the Tannerite. It looked to me like the majority didn't die until being shot.

I understand the need for pig eradication, but my own preference would be for more humane (as in quick) methods. I don't care about the blowing up, but for me, I prefer to see a quick death for any creature except people who talk in the theater.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

230RN

• friend
« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2019, 07:43:37 PM »
I just noticed "Larry The Cable Guy" has an episode partially devoted to eradication of feral hogs and the dangers they pose:

"Only in America With Larry the Cable Guy   American Invasion"
« Last Edit: June 04, 2019, 09:13:55 PM by 230RN »