Author Topic: Stockton PD, public relations disaster  (Read 868 times)

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
Stockton PD, public relations disaster
« on: June 03, 2019, 11:17:17 AM »
Stockton, CA, police department makes a traffic stop, finds a Scawy Bwack Wifle (actually FDE, but I digress), and seizes it. Drug operation? No. Gun running operation? Doesn't seem to be. Miscellaneous nefariousness? Not mentioned. For intents and purposes it seems to be someone who just ran afoul of CA's draconian sporting rifle regs. They tout the seizure on BookFace, showing what appears to be a decently outfitted, albeit a bit gaudy, generic AR with a nice case, a couple of mags, and a bit of range ammo.

The gun community pounces.

https://www.facebook.com/stocktonpolicedepartment/photos/a.601460973283164/2185992558163323/?type=3&eid=ARDhTr4_SGLGqUX2o7VipC9p1nCjUDm-ACd5k31S36xf3vlJg9q0DiI3YxFWkyrp_-TklobxrBDvKGl6&__tn__=EHH-R

The fail is epic. From what I see, most of their FB posts seem to get from 50 to 300 replies. This one? 21,000 and counting, very few of which are complimentary. Surprising number of responses from LEO's in flyover country. Their messages, generalized, are "Gee, thanks. You give cops another black eye by celebrating what turning an otherwise law-abiding citizen into a felon while your city is turning into a commie craphole. Nice going, guys. In the future you can help by not helping."

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: Stockton PD, public relations disaster
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2019, 11:33:23 AM »
I seriously don't think they give a hoot what people think as long as it's a feather in their MSM cap.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2019, 11:46:47 AM by WLJ »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2019, 11:40:03 AM »
Looking at other posts, this isn't the only gun seizure they brag about.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Pb

• friend
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2019, 01:29:43 PM »
This is what the majority of people in CA have voted for.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2019, 01:35:42 PM »
Ah, heck. It's not black and it doesn't have a shoulder thing that goes up. How "assaulty" can it be?
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2019, 01:37:42 PM »
Ah, heck. It's not black and it doesn't have a shoulder thing that goes up. How "assaulty" can it be?

I clearly see a baby killing full semi auto barrel shroud. Even has a death ray assault laser on it.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2019, 02:38:21 PM »
I don't have a Facebook account, so I can't see anything other than the public initial post and the photo. Looks like the gun was in a "tactical" carry case. The guy was stopped for a traffic violation. Is there anything to indicate what the police had as justification to search the car?
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2019, 03:11:21 PM »
I don't have a Facebook account, so I can't see anything other than the public initial post and the photo. Looks like the gun was in a "tactical" carry case. The guy was stopped for a traffic violation. Is there anything to indicate what the police had as justification to search the car?

I don't have friendface either, but if you click on "comments" it should display them for you. Don't know if it's in the same way as account holders see them, but I was able to read some.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2019, 10:28:58 AM »

Probably an NRA sticker on the window.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.