Author Topic: Brownell's acquires Arfcom  (Read 672 times)

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
Brownell's acquires Arfcom
« on: June 04, 2019, 06:21:00 PM »
https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2019/06/luis-valdes/breaking-brownells-acquires-ar15-com/

AR15.com has joined the 2nd Adventure Group family. The 2nd Adventure Group is wholly owned by Pete and Frank Brownell, and also serves as the umbrella company that owns Brownells, Inc. and other industry brands.

The Avila family will continue to run the site day to day and the same moderators will moderate the forums under the same rules for which you are accustomed.

Pete Brownell recently resigned from the NRA board.  Might be a coincidence.

Brownell's is one of the companies that shipped normal-capacity magazines to California during Freedom Week, so they're OK by me.
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

MechAg94

• friend
Re: Brownell's acquires Arfcom
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2019, 08:45:20 AM »
We will see where this goes.  I doubt it will be anything bad.  I am just curious what Brownells has in mind.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2019, 08:54:04 AM »
We will see where this goes.  I doubt it will be anything bad.  I am just curious what Brownells has in mind.

My guess is they are trying to increase their business sales.  That simple.

Brownell's has only recently, last three or four years, really gotten into the AR craze.  They have sold AR parts for years, but now they sell full rifles, lowers, uppers, etc.  Buying the AR15.com website will probably help their sales at Brownells.com.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2019, 10:02:52 AM »
^^^When my next door neighbor, the gunsmith, builds a custom AR, he buys most of the parts from Brownell's. He likes the selection, items actually being in stock, prices and shipping, he says. He may fabricate or buy unique or custom barrels or other parts elsewhere, but for a standard or semi-custom AR, he says he cannot beat Brownell's.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.