Author Topic: Using a gun as foreplay leads to death  (Read 1082 times)

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
Using a gun as foreplay leads to death
« on: June 05, 2019, 10:08:56 AM »
https://miami.cbslocal.com/2019/06/04/florida-man-manslaughter-woman-shot-foreplay-gun/

So I am trying to figure out the dynamics of this.  The woman was shot in the upper body.  Was he rubbing his pistol over her breasts or something?  And what caliber for foreplay?

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

MechAg94

• friend
Re: Using a gun as foreplay leads to death
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2019, 12:44:12 PM »
I am curious what they mean by "registered handgun" in Florida.  Manslaughter seems appropriate assuming they believe it wasn't intentional. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2019, 01:28:25 PM »
I am curious what they mean by "registered handgun" in Florida. 

Doesn't every state have the exact same laws as NYC?

On a more serious note: I have no clue where they get that from considering FL doesn't have gun registration. I've even seen it occasionally in the news here in Kentucky and we don't have any sort of gun registration, never have. News reporting lately seems to be more of the cut and paste variety nowadays and it seems to be just another example of a "reporter" pulling info out of their.....
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Pb

• friend
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2019, 02:05:14 PM »
I am curious what they mean by "registered handgun" in Florida. 

It all becomes clear once you realize that most journalists are ignorant jackasses.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2019, 02:30:03 PM »
Our local rag has more details.

The answer to Millcreek's question is apparently 9mm.  and Meth.

The funniest part IMO of the whole sad tragedy:

Shinault said he was sitting on the edge of a bed with Williams between his legs, her back facing a TV set on a desk. He said he held the gun to her chest, then pulled the trigger and it went off, according to the affidavit. She fell. He began yelling for his parents, who were downstairs.

https://www.tampabay.com/news/publicsafety/valrico-woman-shot-dead-during-foreplay-gone-wrong-deputies-say-20190603/

230RN

• It's like swimming to shore in an ebb tide.
  • friend
  • Pushing back. Help me out, here...
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2019, 03:10:49 PM »
Foreplay.

Phil Spector.

.38 SPL Chief's Special*.

Lana Clarkson.

"Kissing the muzzle"

"Gun went off."

Teeth on floor.

Jeez.

Nineteen years to life.

"Foreplay."

*REF:
http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/Phil_Spector_(2013)

« Last Edit: June 05, 2019, 03:39:38 PM by 230RN »

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2019, 03:34:50 PM »
Went off half cocked.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2019, 11:18:04 PM »
Doesn't every state have the exact same laws as NYC?

On a more serious note: I have no clue where they get that from considering FL doesn't have gun registration. I've even seen it occasionally in the news here in Kentucky and we don't have any sort of gun registration, never have. News reporting lately seems to be more of the cut and paste variety nowadays and it seems to be just another example of a "reporter" pulling info out of their.....

I recall hearing in some podcast or other that news coverage is increasingly centralized, because internet. All your news coverage are belong to the urban enclaves.

Also, I think in some news stories they don't know the difference between a carry permit and gun registration/license.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2019, 06:42:13 PM »
Also, I think in some news stories they don't know the difference between a carry permit and gun registration/license.

I think much of it is the newscritters pushing the notion that firearms registration should be mandatory.  They are trying to gen up people's frustration that it isn't yet.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2019, 09:19:23 PM »
It all becomes clear once you realize that most (j)urinalists are willfully ignorant, arrogant jackasses.

FTFY
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams