Author Topic: Portable Fish Finders?  (Read 656 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Portable Fish Finders?
« on: June 06, 2019, 05:28:43 PM »
Do any of you guys have a portable fish finder? As in easy to attach to a kayak, inflatable, etc? I'm looking for something to attach to my little RHIB, but at some point am probably going to get a Jon boat or fishing kayak or both, so want something I can easily move around.

I was looking at the $100 Garmin Striker, but from the reviews, apparently the thing is not waterproof, which is kinda dumb for something that they advertise as kayak compatible. Otherwise the thing seemed to be pretty good at both recording fish and bottom contour at high resolution, which is a big selling point for me.

Anyways, recommendations?

"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

RoadKingLarry

• friends
Re: Portable Fish Finders?
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2019, 08:13:18 PM »
I'm a bit of a fan of Lowrance stuff.
While the one I have in my sailboat isn't so much as portable it has worked flawlessly for 5+ years now.

https://www.lowrance.com/lowrance/activity/kayak-fishing/
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams