Author Topic: Harlem Knight Fight: the Armored Combat League  (Read 994 times)

Pb

• friend
Harlem Knight Fight: the Armored Combat League
« on: June 07, 2019, 10:20:16 AM »
Well, I just learned about a new sport- folks dressed up in armor beating each other up with dulled weapons.

:O

Looks WAY more entertaining than the SCA!

Here's a neat short movie about the sport:

https://vimeo.com/161511617

The website:

https://www.aclknights.com/

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: Harlem Knight Fight: the Armored Combat League
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2019, 10:30:37 AM »
folks dressed up in armor beating each other up with dulled weapons.

Didn't they used to refer to that as training?
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2019, 10:50:59 AM »
Didn't they used to refer to that as training?
Don't talk about fight club. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2019, 10:58:40 AM »
I am not really sure I understand the rules on this.  Looks everyone should just carry big hammers and pound the other guys.  That or charge them and turn it into an armored wrestling match.  At one point, it looked like a guy was hitting his own teammate.  Overall, it looks like the weapons are just softening them up to wrestle them to the ground.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Pb

• friend
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2019, 12:20:21 PM »
I am not really sure I understand the rules on this.  Looks everyone should just carry big hammers and pound the other guys.  That or charge them and turn it into an armored wrestling match.  At one point, it looked like a guy was hitting his own teammate.  Overall, it looks like the weapons are just softening them up to wrestle them to the ground.

Hammers are actually forbidden by the rules!  Too dangerous I guess.

Looks dangerous enough to me.

Here are the rules:

https://www.aclknights.com/acl-combat-rules.html

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2019, 12:30:22 PM »
I am not really sure I understand the rules on this.  Looks everyone should just carry big hammers and pound the other guys.  That or charge them and turn it into an armored wrestling match.  At one point, it looked like a guy was hitting his own teammate.  Overall, it looks like the weapons are just softening them up to wrestle them to the ground.

Within the last year or so I’ve read the first two sections of “The Once and Future King”.

It’s the TH White retelling of the King Arthur story.

Knights who were engaged in Tilting often ended up on foot in long drawn out beatings of each other until someone collapsed.

I need to read the final “book”. The whole story was pretty depressing and I sort of know how it ends.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2019, 01:33:27 PM by Ron »
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.