Author Topic: Harbor Freight Funny  (Read 644 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Harbor Freight Funny
« on: June 08, 2019, 01:51:55 PM »
Harbor Freight is having a parking lot sale this weekend, so I decided to pickup a rollaway and a rolling cabinet/workbench for the shop. When I took the tickets to the front,  I told the girl, "Before I pay I just wanted to check if someone could help me load them" (One weighs around 200lbs, the other 250lbs). She replied, "No problem, I have two women in back who are certified forklift operators and they'll take care of you."

Sweet!  I just have to back my truck up to their back door and a forklift will drive right up and put the stuff in the back of my truck, and I won't have to lift a finger! So I drive to the back, and this was the "forklift" they were certified to operate:

https://www.harborfreight.com/material-handling/hand-trucks-carts-dollies/500-lbs-capacity-hydraulic-table-cart-61405.html

:rofl:

The second part of the joke is that it only lifted the workbench to within 6" of my truck bed, so me and the two girls still had to lift it the rest of the way in by hand. The third part of the joke was that the rollaway (the heavier item) just came out on a regular hand truck so we had to lift that one all the way from ground level.  :laugh:

I guess on the bright side, I learned that HF sold those little lift carts, which could actually come in handy for me for a lot of stuff that's too heavy for me to want to lift myself, and not big enough for the hassle of chaining to my loader bucket. I'll probably pick one of those up on my next HF run. :)
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

grampster

• friend
Re: Harbor Freight Funny
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2019, 03:25:32 PM »
And you don't think they absolutely didn't plan it that way?   :rofl: :old:
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2019, 03:37:02 PM »
And you don't think they absolutely didn't plan it that way?   :rofl: :old:

I don't doubt it for a second.  :laugh:
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2019, 03:43:11 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YY_cLW2L47Y

If you make one, you can make it so it fits the truck....

FWIW, I needed a temporary lift table for a project a couple years ago and made a usefull working one out of some angle and the incline actuator for a treadmill I had taken apart.  I disassembled the lift and reused the parts for other stuff, but it worked really well.

ProTip:  A treadmill has a 2 or 3 horsepower variable speed DC motor, motor controller, and usually an AC linear actuator, plus some nice strong angle, and folks will sell them on craigslist for $25-$50 about 6 months after new years.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2019, 04:43:32 PM »
^
ProTip:  A treadmill has a 2 or 3 horsepower variable speed DC motor, motor controller, and usually an AC linear actuator, plus some nice strong angle, and folks will sell them on craigslist for $25-$50 about 6 months after new years..

Now, that's funny !