Author Topic: Pre-empting the expected censoring  (Read 663 times)

230RN

• It's like swimming to shore in an ebb tide.
  • friend
  • Pushing back. Help me out, here...
Pre-empting the expected censoring
« on: June 10, 2019, 10:59:25 PM »
 ... On May 20, 2000, ... the actor and president at the time of the NRA, Charlton Heston, ended a speech by concluding:

For the next six months, [Democratic presidential candidate] Al Gore is going to smear you as the enemy. He will slander you as gun-toting, knuckle-dragging, bloodthirsty maniacs who stand in the way of a safer America. Will you remain silent? I will not remain silent. If we are going to stop this, then it is vital to every law-abiding gun owner in America to register to vote and show up at the polls on Election Day.

Heston then paused to pick up a replica of a flintlock long rifle and continued:

...I want to say those fighting words for everyone within the sound of my voice to hear and to heed, and especially for you, Mr. Gore: 'From my cold, dead hands!'

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/From_my_cold,_dead_hands

You may expect this to disappear from Google in the near future.  I therefore commend this to your storage media lest it be forgotten after it is purged from the records.

Terry, 230RN

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

MechAg94

• friend
Re: Pre-empting the expected censoring
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2019, 08:22:02 AM »
That was definitely an iconic line.  He is a great speaker.  Hopefully it doesn't come to that choice. 

I heard this recently and thought I would add it.  I have heard people give opinions that was around the time LaPierre was really taking over the NRA, but I think that started earlier.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neal_Knox
In 1997, a narrowly-divided NRA Board voted Knox out of the succession line for President of the NRA replacing him with Charlton Heston, who was subsequently elected president of the organization.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2019, 08:36:24 AM by MechAg94 »
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Pb

• friend
Re: Pre-empting the expected censoring
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2019, 03:13:49 PM »
Yeah, great speaker that he was, Heston was a tool in a plot against Neal Knox.... and got the parasite Wayne LaPierre permanetly embedded in the NRA.

I recommend "The Gun Rights War" by Knox.