Author Topic: sad, a young lady teacher shoots herself - purse carry.  (Read 934 times)

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
sad, a young lady teacher shoots herself - purse carry.
« on: June 11, 2019, 10:47:30 PM »
https://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/local/article231439203.html

I think purse carry is a horrible idea, i also notice no info on type of gun/holster
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
Re: sad, a young lady teacher shoots herself - purse carry.
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2019, 10:49:40 PM »
If it's a bag designed for carry, I'm fine with it. Hell, I do it!
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2019, 02:55:51 AM »
Police said Moore was eating at the restaurant when the 9mm Smith & Wesson gun in her purse fired, hitting her in the stomach, the Independent Tribune reported.

One has to wonder if this is another example of journalistic fail, or if the dissemination of misinformation is actually the dissemination of disinformation.

I refer, of course, to the statement that, "... the 9mm Smith & Wesson in her purse fired." I rather doubt that the pistol fired itself. Either she fired it while fumbling for something in her purse, or someone else was looking for something in her purse and pulled the trigger. (Or, more likely, something got stuck through the trigger window and when things shifted that object moved enough to cause the trigger to fire the gun.) Guns don't fire of their own volition.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

230RN

• It's like swimming to shore in an ebb tide.
  • friend
  • Pushing back. Help me out, here...
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2019, 07:21:19 AM »
From the cited article:

The elementary school teacher owned the gun used in the shooting, police tweeted.

Read more here: https://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/local/article231439203.html#storylink=cpy

Can any of you tweeters get the police department tweets on this for more, better details?  Or contact the author, Noah Feit, for same?

I also note there was an image of a firearms instructor in the article and I wonder what his "take" on it was.

I don't like the implications of "the gun went off" in any such incident.  I think we really ought to press that issue in crap stories like this.

As Hawkmoon said, "One has to wonder if this is another example of journalistic fail, or if the dissemination of misinformation is actually the dissemination of disinformation."

I've left fish in the trunk of my car for a week that smelled better than this.

Terry, 230RN
« Last Edit: June 12, 2019, 07:33:41 AM by 230RN »

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

Triphammer

• friend
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2019, 10:51:54 AM »
So, a person was having lunch on a Saturday, nowhere near a school. The fact she was a teacher is only referenced to convince the uninformed "Arming teachers is a stupid idea!".   & "We can't have armed teachers in school".

Kingcreek

• friend
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2019, 11:03:58 AM »
I bought my wife a Gun Toten Mammas woman's handbag designed for concealed carry. I have absolutely no concerns about her glock43 firing itself in her direction.
But then again, she is not a teacher.
What we have here is failure to communicate.

grampster

• friend
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2019, 04:58:13 PM »
I would expect MSM mis or dis information about anything to do with guns.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

230RN

• It's like swimming to shore in an ebb tide.
  • friend
  • Pushing back. Help me out, here...
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2019, 07:32:09 PM »
I bought my wife a Gun Toten Mammas woman's handbag designed for concealed carry. I have absolutely no concerns about her glock43 firing itself in her direction.
But then again, she is not a teacher.

That was really nasty, you know what?  Really really nasty.  Shame on you.

=D   :rofl:

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2019, 01:52:20 AM »
I rather doubt that the pistol fired itself.

AI  We tried telling them smart guns were a bad idea. But did they listen?

So, a person was having lunch on a Saturday, nowhere near a school. The fact she was a teacher is only referenced to convince the uninformed "Arming teachers is a stupid idea!".   & "We can't have armed teachers in school".

SOP for the Democrat-Media complex.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2019, 04:40:32 AM »

Obviously, if the gun fired itself, there should be no problem with arming teachers in schools. Just have them carry guns that don't fire themselves. Problem solved!
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2019, 09:35:57 AM »
Obviously, if the gun fired itself, there should be no problem with arming teachers in schools. Just have them carry guns that don't fire themselves. Problem solved!
Just train the smart guns to only kill bad guys.  (be certain who the trainer considers bad guys)
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2019, 11:29:31 AM »
One has to wonder if this is another example of journalistic fail, or if the dissemination of misinformation is actually the dissemination of disinformation.

I refer, of course, to the statement that, "... the 9mm Smith & Wesson in her purse fired." I rather doubt that the pistol fired itself. Either she fired it while fumbling for something in her purse, or someone else was looking for something in her purse and pulled the trigger. (Or, more likely, something got stuck through the trigger window and when things shifted that object moved enough to cause the trigger to fire the gun.) Guns don't fire of their own volition.

If you've seen the inside of my wife's purse, there's so much garbage in there...it could possibly have had something get lodged into the trigger guard while the purse was being moved.
That said, my wife has a legit CC purse with a dedicated pocket with holster for a pistol.  The pocket is behind the purse, so to speak, so that from standard "over the shoulder" purse carry she can stick her firing hand into the pocket and draw the pistol without going into the main purse pocket.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”