Author Topic: Chesapeake VA intel  (Read 793 times)

Bob F.

• friend
Chesapeake VA intel
« on: June 12, 2019, 11:06:32 PM »
Son may get a nice job offer in Chesapeake VA. His wife can web search for schools, shopping, etc. Need some street-type intel please.

Thanks,

Bob
"I always have my primary weapon, it's right between my ears."

Devonai

• friend
  • Panic Mode Activated
    • Kyrie Devonai Publishing
Re: Chesapeake VA intel
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2019, 07:33:22 AM »
I like strawberry Chesapeake with a nice cream cheese frosting.
My writing blog: Kyrie Devonai Publishing

When in danger, when in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout!

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2019, 07:38:57 AM »
Traffic can suck so bad in that area that it actually blows.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2019, 07:49:42 AM »
The area is subject to huge meteor strikes.
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2019, 09:19:31 AM »
VA Beach is a shithole, so they should avoid living there or any schools that are in that district.  Not sure on Chesapeake, I don't know enough about that area besides how bad Va Beach is.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

griz

• friend
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2019, 01:44:38 PM »
Chesapeake is big.  Something like the 3rd largest city in Virginia, and it varies a lot from edge to edge.  It borders NC and is very rural down there.  The Dismal Swamp is there and it's hard to get more out in the sticks than that.  As you go north it changes character.  The parts that border Portsmouth and Norfolk are very urban and suburban.  The traffic on 64 and 664 is often nasty, and weekends add tourists headed to the beach to the mix.  I am there once in a while but haven't lived there in the last 40 years, so limited knowledge even if you specified the area.
Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2019, 03:52:29 PM »
The town of Chesapeake is not that bad. It's Virginia Beach, Norfolk, and Newport News that have issues. The entire area is generally called "Tidewater" and is the 2nd largest metropolitan area in Virginia.

I've had friends from Yorktown and Chesapeake who speak well of those towns, but not of the major cities. Can't give you any more specific information than town-wide, though.

But if he's looking for a music teacher, I can give you a recommendation. Otherwise, nada.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Bob F.

• friend
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2019, 10:02:04 PM »
Thanks, guys! Passing it on.
"I always have my primary weapon, it's right between my ears."

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2019, 10:53:36 PM »
I worked in tidewater for 22 years, lived in Newport news ten of them. Chesapeake has some nice neighborhoods, I don't know them enough to recommend them. I have a probably somewhat dated hate and distrust of Chesapeake cops in particular, in general the LE down there are not ideal. My recommendation is life in Suffolk or somewhere in the countryside.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.