Author Topic: Office of Special Counsel Says, "Fire Kellyanne Conway"  (Read 946 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Office of Special Counsel Says, "Fire Kellyanne Conway"
« on: June 13, 2019, 01:19:26 PM »
I'll withhold judgement on OSC's decision until I read some more, but I could swear that many high level members of previous administrations have done exactly what Conway has done, with zero fallout. I'm thinking several of Obama's key WH personnel at the appointee level during the last election.

https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2019/06/13/white-house-responds-to-office-of-special-counsel-press-release-recommending-kellyanne-conway-be-removed-from-service/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

dogmush

• friend
Re: Office of Special Counsel Says, "Fire Kellyanne Conway"
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2019, 01:51:10 PM »
It's election season. The Dems have rediscovered the Hatch Act. This will remain a talking point until there is a Democrat in office.

griz

• friend
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2019, 01:53:39 PM »
I saw the headline pop up and thought it sounded weird.  But I don't know enough about the OSC to determine if she overstepped or if it's just a "you like Trump, off with your head" sort of deal.
Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2019, 03:40:48 PM »
It's election season. The Dems have rediscovered the Hatch Act. This will remain a talking point until there is a Democrat in office.

Quite true, other than this (putting my tinfoil on) is a bit deep stateish given it's OSC, not some dem congressional. I know they always dropped the Hatch Act hammer on us working stiffs in gov, but it always seemed to me politicians and appointees got free rein regarding jabs at the opposition party. They only seem to get in trouble from official sources like OSC (rightly so when they are actually called out) when visiting foreign governments to undermine a current administration.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2019, 05:23:51 PM »
The democrats are playing blindfold darts and are going to keep throwing darts in the hope that a dart eventually hits the bullseye
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2019, 05:24:45 PM »
The democrats are playing blindfold darts and are going to keep throwing darts in the hope that a dart eventually hits the bullseye

It's desperation; not hope.

The Right should fight all of this stuff to the end. Even if Kellyanne Conway broke that law a hundred times over, they should not cooperate with the Occupation or Deep State, or whatever we're calling it.

Apologizing won't save you. It makes things worse. Throwing your side under the bus will make things worse.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2019, 05:25:28 PM »
It's desperation; not hope.

Hope and desperation are quite often the same thing
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes