Author Topic: Rep. Ronny Jackson "briefly detained"  (Read 2081 times)

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
Rep. Ronny Jackson "briefly detained"
« on: August 03, 2023, 02:18:43 PM »
Rep. Ronnie Jackson, former Presidential physician, roughed up by law enforcement while trying to assist a seizing teenager.

https://nypost.com/2023/08/02/texas-rep-ronny-jackson-cuffed-briefly-detained-at-rodeo-while-helping-with-medical-emergency-report/

The sheriff's dept describes the incident by saying he was "briefly detained". Yeah, right. He was shoved face-first to the concrete and cuffed because a deputy didn't have his authorituh respected. Yes, it was at a rodeo dance so was likely loud, hot, and chaotic, but when someone tending to a seizing patient tells you they are a physician, you don't keep yelling in their face to "get the f**k back!". You damn sure don't go full retard and shove them to the ground for cuffing, at least not if you want anyone anywhere to ever respect you as an LEO again.

I'm sure the "oh shits" were flying fast and furious at HQ when word got back to them. I'm hoping someone has video.

Story above is one of the more usefully descriptive ones. Most are some version of "he was briefly detained, and oh by the way he was accused of bad stuff while in office and we're going to talk about that instead".

Brad
« Last Edit: August 03, 2023, 05:38:37 PM by Brad Johnson »
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: Rep. Ronny Jackson "briefly detained"
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2023, 02:23:15 PM »
Waiting for the "if he was black they would have shot him"

Edit: To be clear not from this group but the BLM types
« Last Edit: August 03, 2023, 05:51:40 PM by WLJ »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2023, 05:45:10 PM »
So who did they talk to on the scene to find out what was going on before they started yelling at people?  Sounds like no one.  I assume that means they were going solely off whatever the 911 dispatcher passed on. 

Also, it sounds like this was an emergency medical situation.  Why did the deputies need to roll in and "control the situation" at all? 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2023, 06:04:48 PM »
Being a rodeo dance there were probably deputies patrolling on site. They headed for the clamor and utterly failed to properly read the situation, then made it worse by going full "Respect Muh Authoritah!" mode. Just a guess, but I bet I'm not far off.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2023, 06:10:05 PM »
Being a rodeo dance there were probably deputies patrolling on site. They headed for the clamor and utterly failed to properly read the situation, then made it worse by going full "Respect Muh Authoritah!" mode. Just a guess, but I bet I'm not far off.

Brad

I'm still hooked on these youtube police body cam videos, and one thing I have noticed is that a lot of departments need to train their guys to stop yelling f-bombs twice in every command voice sentence. Totally unprofessional and makes them sound more like psycho B-movie cops than actual cops.

It's not universal by any means, but it seems to occur in more of the videos than not. Even worse is after they have someone under control, even if the person is just asking something in a calm voice, they'll get a "SHUT THE *expletive deleted*ck UP YOU *expletive deleted*ing ahole OR WE'LL *expletive deleted*ck YOU UP!!!"
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2023, 06:17:07 PM »
I'm still hooked on these youtube police body cam videos, and one thing I have noticed is that a lot of departments need to train their guys to stop yelling f-bombs twice in every command voice sentence. Totally unprofessional and makes them sound more like psycho B-movie cops than actual cops.

It's not universal by any means, but it seems to occur in more of the videos than not. Even worse is after they have someone under control, even if the person is just asking something in a calm voice, they'll get a "SHUT THE *expletive deleted*ck UP YOU *expletive deleted*ing ahole, OR WE'LL *expletive deleted*ck YOU UP!! or I’ll do it in your nuts !"

FTFY

https://www.kptv.com/2023/07/28/vancouver-officer-exposes-mans-genitals-threatens-tase-him-during-shoplifting-arrest/

bob

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2023, 06:23:19 PM »

It's not universal by any means, but it seems to occur in more of the videos than not. Even worse is after they have someone under control, even if the person is just asking something in a calm voice, they'll get a "SHUT THE *expletive deleted*ck UP YOU *expletive deleted*ing ahole OR WE'LL *expletive deleted*ck YOU UP!!!"

Doesn't really justify it but you got to remember a good deal of the people they deal with day in and day out are like a turd, as in there is no clean end to pick them up with, and human nature being what it is....
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2023, 06:34:50 PM »
Doesn't really justify it but you got to remember a good deal of the people they deal with day in and day out are like a turd, as in there is no clean end to pick them up with, and human nature being what it is....

If it was my kid and they suffered harm because the cops went full retard on a doctor trying to treat her I’d sue those cops.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2023, 06:37:08 PM »

If it was my kid and they suffered harm because the cops went full retard on a doctor trying to treat her I’d sue those cops.

I was commenting to the language often used by cops as mentioned in Ben's post not to the situation with the kid.
- Calvin and Hobbes

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2023, 06:57:50 PM »

This behavior won't change until individual officers are held accountable for their inappropriate actions.  Suing won't do anything but get you some money and make lawyers rich.  The department will pay, and if they even try to do any real discipline to the deputy the union will fight it and likely get it overturned.

I understand why we set up the legal system and civil suits as a remedy for just taking your pound of flesh, but if the person doing the wrong is unaffected what's the incentive to change?  How many times have we read stories of LEOs in bad or questionable shootings that had 5 or 5 previous complaints/lawsuits/payouts from the department.

We really need to look at adjusting the immunity we give people that we delegate the use of government force too.  I fear, much like the the folks in cities that are tired of crime and lack of law enforcement and take matters into their own hands, we will start to see folks that are wronged by LEO's and denied justice by qualified immunity taking their pound of flesh directly.

I hope the young lady in question recovers fully, and the deputies involved have a serious talk with their makers about how they wade into situations.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2023, 08:21:06 PM »
Sometimes I wonder if some of the cop "ambushes" We see are in fact retribution for (real or imagined) wrongs committed by cops.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams