Author Topic: FBI Raid - Man Who Threatened Biden Killed  (Read 2371 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
FBI Raid - Man Who Threatened Biden Killed
« on: August 09, 2023, 06:40:30 PM »
Dead guy was stupid, but seemed like more of a loudmouth than an actual threat.

I found it interesting that the FBI had him under surveillance and actually approached him outside prior to the raid to question him. If they were surveilling that closely, why not repeat that, detain him, then enter his home? Instead they showed up with a battering ram and shots were fired. He apparently threatened fed LE as well, so maybe they had a grudge. Apparently all threats were loudmouth internet tough guy posts on social media.

https://www.theepochtimes.com/us/man-killed-during-fbi-raid-after-allegedly-threatening-biden-5454796

Also, how many people who made the exact same internet threats against Trump did the FBI kill?
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: FBI Raid - Man Who Threatened Biden Killed
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2023, 06:42:55 PM »
If they were surveilling that closely, why not repeat that, detain him, then enter his home? Instead they showed up with a battering ram and shots were fired.

Would seem like the intelligent thing to do but breaking in means more drama for the cameras. More drama = more distraction
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

HankB

• friend
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2023, 06:47:08 PM »
If the story at the link is accurate, it makes me wonder whether or not this was a case of suicide by cop.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2023, 08:49:35 PM »
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2023, 08:56:45 PM »
Probably killed him for a “look at these dangerous extremists we have to stop” moment.

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2023, 09:47:11 PM »
If the story at the link is accurate, it makes me wonder whether or not this was a case of suicide by cop.
His social media posts were way over the top and over the line.
No way you can make threatening noises about Democrats and not suffer consequences in the USA.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2023, 10:27:37 PM »
His social media posts were way over the top and over the line.
No way you can make threatening noises about Democrats and not suffer consequences in the USA.
Maybe he knew that and was counting on an extreme response? He didn't seem to be the least bit circumspect.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2023, 11:00:54 PM »
Would seem like the intelligent thing to do but breaking in means more drama for the cameras. More drama = more distraction

They could have very easily and non-violently arrested Randy Weaver and David Koresh too.  Clearly they don’t want that when it comes to non-leftist kooks.

Eta: and the Malehur National Forest people.  And the Bundys.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2023, 07:45:08 AM »
They could have very easily and non-violently arrested Randy Weaver and David Koresh too.  Clearly they don’t want that when it comes to non-leftist kooks.

Eta: and the Malehur National Forest people.  And the Bundys.

Taking someone into custody when they're out and about and not barricaded in their house with a bunch of guns and whatnot isn't nearly as exciting.
I could see a case being made about bystanders if they're known to be armed in some cases though
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2023, 08:02:20 AM »
I could see case being made about bystanders in some cases though
Bingo.  If an arrest in public turns into a shootout it's generally going to put more innocent people in jeopardy.  We'd see the same kind of Monday morning quarterbacking but going the opposite direction in that case.  "Cops should have known that this could bring about a shootout in a restaurant/movie theatre/bar/shopping center/side of the highway/wherever!  They should have had the common damn sense to have arrested him at 3am when he's alone in his home!"

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2023, 09:17:05 AM »
Of course one has to ask how many houses did the FBI raid of people who said they wanted to kill Trump? And you know there was a bunch including many Hollywood types.
They may have but I don't recall any being national headline news.
- Calvin and Hobbes

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2023, 12:07:00 PM »
Video of the raid, ostensibly recorded by a neighbor:

https://twitter.com/Mrgunsngear/status/1689642980477734914
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2023, 02:41:33 PM »
Bingo.  If an arrest in public turns into a shootout it's generally going to put more innocent people in jeopardy.  We'd see the same kind of Monday morning quarterbacking but going the opposite direction in that case.  "Cops should have known that this could bring about a shootout in a restaurant/movie theatre/bar/shopping center/side of the highway/wherever!  They should have had the common damn sense to have arrested him at 3am when he's alone in his home!"
Considering neighbors were pretty close (based on that video), I don't think that holds up as anything more than an excuse.  Might make sense to judges who don't question them near enough when signing off on warrants.  Of course, they have violated warrants before without much consequence. 

“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2023, 02:56:40 PM »
Video of the raid, ostensibly recorded by a neighbor:

https://twitter.com/Mrgunsngear/status/1689642980477734914

It might have been a video/audio distortion, but what the hell gun was that?

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2023, 03:16:34 PM »

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2023, 03:31:50 PM »
It might have been a video/audio distortion, but what the hell gun was that?
I think it was a flashbang.

When it goes wrong (and sometimes it will go wrong) the same people who have advocated a particular strategy as The Obviously Correct Answer will forget their prior advocacy and come up with a New Obviously Correct Answer.  I have doubts that if those people were actually the ones making the decisions things would be less likely to go wrong.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2023, 03:33:41 PM »
I think it was a flashbang.

Ah, okay.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2023, 03:40:42 PM »
They should have had the common damn sense to have arrested him at 3am when he's alone in his home!"

While I'm one of the people suggesting a public space arrest would have been better, I recognize that's not always the case or always an option.

That said, I'll never be persuaded that a 0300 no knock is the right choice. I am 100% against no-knocks under any circumstances.

Pb

• friend
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2023, 04:16:51 PM »
Yeah, a no-knock was obviously a terrible choice for the FBI dealing with this moron.

The FBI got to kill somebody, so I guess they are counting it as a win.

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2023, 09:31:36 PM »
Yeah, a no-knock was obviously a terrible choice for the FBI dealing with this moron.

The FBI got to kill somebody and tout their awesomeness at saving the President's life therefore ensuring a safe country for all from an angry septuagenarian , so I guess they are counting it as a win.

FTFY

bob
« Last Edit: August 11, 2023, 02:13:40 AM by BobR »

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2023, 07:15:29 AM »
Illegitimacy of no-knocks aside, the take away here is that if you troll for Feds online, do not be surprised if you catch Feds.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2023, 08:52:57 AM »
While I'm one of the people suggesting a public space arrest would have been better, I recognize that's not always the case or always an option.

That said, I'll never be persuaded that a 0300 no knock is the right choice. I am 100% against no-knocks under any circumstances.
Yeah, especially with the way many LEO's are so trigger happy these days with movement of one kind or another.  Some one waking up and sitting up in bed is likely to make some movement cops interpret as threatening.  Maybe the condition for no-knocks is the cops doing entry should do so unarmed. 

“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2023, 01:16:44 PM »

"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama