Author Topic: New phone app (free)  (Read 475 times)

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
New phone app (free)
« on: June 21, 2019, 01:24:31 PM »
BirdNET

Free app from the Cornell lab of ornithology.

You can record the bird(s) you hear, it will analyze and tell you what bird it is and provide a wiki link to it’s discription.

I’m enjoying it just around the house.

Should be a fun addition to my local hikes.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

griz

• friend
Re: New phone app (free)
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2019, 01:56:42 PM »
My wife just got that and really likes it.  It IDed several of our mystery birds and as a reality check, she used it on the new cat toy that tweets when batted around.  It sounds real enough to capture the cats attention, but the app didn't take the bait.
Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2019, 02:07:06 PM »
Thanks! I'm still trying to learn the birds here, and there's a lot. Should come in handy. :)
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Devonai

• friend
  • Panic Mode Activated
    • Kyrie Devonai Publishing
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2019, 05:02:47 PM »
I could have used that when I had a pileated woodpecker outside my place every morning.  I hit up Wikipedia looking for birds common in Connecticut, then watched Youtube videos until I found the little ******.  Couldn't do anything about it but at least I knew which species to curse out.
My writing blog: Kyrie Devonai Publishing

When in danger, when in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout!