Author Topic: Hogg target of assassination attempts  (Read 911 times)

JN01

• friend
Hogg target of assassination attempts
« on: June 25, 2019, 05:18:42 PM »
So David Hogg has now apparently survived seven assassination attempts: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/parkland-survivor-david-hogg-says-hes-been-target-of-7-assassination-attempts/ar-AADpinf?ocid=spartandhp

I'm guessing someone on Facebook saying "I'd like to kill you" classifies as an assassination attempt in his mind.

"I want to go to school and, for lack of a better word, weaponize my knowledge and learn as much as possible to end violence," he said.

Being an lying, obnoxious jerk is probably not a good way to start out toward reaching your goal.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: Hogg target of assassination attempts
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2019, 05:29:03 PM »
A. Maybe he should start carrying a gun.

B. I guess he and George Zimmerman have something in common now.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2019, 05:54:32 PM »
As a senior, Hogg experienced the mass shooting at his high school that claimed the lives of 14 students and three staff members on February 14, 2018.

If I remember correctly, Hogg wasn't even in the same building where the shooting took place. The only thing he "experienced" was being in a locked-down classroom for awhile. He was never in any danger. Nobody was shooting at him. He's no more a "survivor" than the customers at the McDonalds adjacent to the campus, or any random motorist who happened to drive past the school while the shooter was shooting.

"I want to go to school and, for lack of a better word, weaponize my knowledge and learn as much as possible to end violence," he said.

I can think of a lot of better words than "weaponize." How about "use," "utilize," "leverage" (if you're into buzz words), "employ," "wield," "apply" ...

It seems to me that a good starting point in eliminating violence might be to eschew the use of violent rhetoric -- like "weaponize."
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2019, 06:10:31 PM »
If I remember correctly, Hogg wasn't even in the same building where the shooting took place. The only thing he "experienced" was being in a locked-down classroom for awhile. He was never in any danger. Nobody was shooting at him. He's no more a "survivor" than the customers at the McDonalds adjacent to the campus, or any random motorist who happened to drive past the school while the shooter was shooting.

This is very irritating to me with many of these "survivor" labels. If I'm eating at Burger King and there's a shooting at the McDonalds across the street, the MSM would label me a witness or bystander at the Burger King. Even though I'd have been closer to a shooting than Hogg was.

"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2019, 07:01:57 PM »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

brimic

• friends
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2019, 09:59:54 PM »
Attention whores gotta whore for attention.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama