Author Topic: Bear Grylls "You VS Wild"  (Read 562 times)

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
Bear Grylls "You VS Wild"
« on: June 26, 2019, 10:13:45 AM »
My children have been loving this "choose your own adventure" show.

That's not why I'm posting, though. In a desert episode, Bear talked about how you have to be careful in the desert and try to conserve water, so he...

...peed on a scarf to cool himself down. (It's a kid show, thankfully, he didn't drink it.) He then coated his face/head in the liquid.

VERY NEXT part, my oldest daughter said "Oh, please don't be about pee."

She knows Bear Grylls quite well already!
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Hawkmoon

• friend
Re: Bear Grylls "You VS Wild"
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2019, 11:52:50 AM »
The man does seem to have a heightened fascination with his own urine ...
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2019, 12:03:15 PM »
I never watched him but I've seen the memes. Was he actually obsessed with urine drinking?
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2019, 03:50:02 PM »
Wasn't it also Bear that squeezed moisture out of dung and drank it?  Or was that Les Stroud?
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2019, 03:56:31 PM »
Wasn't it also Bear that squeezed moisture out of dung and drank it?  Or was that Les Stroud?

In another episode of this series, he suggested picking nuts and berries out of bear scat for a snack.... so I'm going to go with Bear, again.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2019, 04:36:56 PM »
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2019, 04:40:23 PM »
Bet this guy's dishes are a favorite at pot luck dinners
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2019, 05:13:40 PM »
fatsurvivalist" border="0
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2019, 08:53:34 PM »
In another episode of this series, he suggested picking nuts and berries out of bear scat for a snack.... so I'm going to go with Bear, again.
If there is bear scat around that has undigested nuts and berries, wouldn't there also be nuts and berries around?  

....and bears I guess.

Since I conceal carry, I think I would rather try to kill and eat a bear than pick through its scat.  Only purpose of that I can see is to figure out which nuts and berries it is eating.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2019, 08:54:56 PM »
fatsurvivalist" border="0

Did Bear happen to suggest carrying something to filter that water?
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge