Author Topic: Facebook is developing its own currency  (Read 594 times)

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
Facebook is developing its own currency
« on: June 26, 2019, 01:38:17 PM »
https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2019/06/dont-trust-libra-facebooks-new-cryptocurrency/592450/

No, the Libra isn't scary at all.

And the already proven desire of the left to shut down all ability of their enemies to conduct any sort of business ought not to be a concern either.

All this TOTAL control of every aspect of a person's life seems to remind me of something, vaguely...

"It also forced all people, great and small, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hands or on their foreheads, so that they could not buy or sell unless they had the mark, which is the name of the beast or the number of its name."
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Ned Hamford

• friend
Re: Facebook is developing its own currency
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2019, 02:28:58 PM »
Next you'll be yammering about my Gmail ID that lets me use some 17 different devices through the mandatory linked account that tracks my location and every action! Its for my convenience really...
 [tinfoil]
Improbus a nullo flectitur obsequio.

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2019, 08:37:57 AM »
Next you'll be yammering about my Gmail ID that lets me use some 17 different devices through the mandatory linked account that tracks my location and every action! Its for my convenience really...
 [tinfoil]

The G00gle Fridge orders out milk, when it sees you've run out, tattles on you if it thinks you're harboring Jews or dissidents.  Or reports you to the food police if you're using more than your Fair Share.

"What cold possibly go wrong?"
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

Kingcreek

• friend
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2019, 08:50:58 AM »
Great. I’m not on Facebook because I don’t have any friends. Now I won’t have any money either.
Antisocial media is the next big thing.
What we have here is failure to communicate.

brimic

• friends
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes