Author Topic: Two thumbs up for Costco pork belly  (Read 2738 times)

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
Two thumbs up for Costco pork belly
« on: June 26, 2019, 03:01:40 PM »
At our last trip to Costco, we found Kirkland Signature brand pork belly in the pre-packaged meat chiller case, next to the smoked salmon.  The package contains two cryo vac pouches of five thick strips of pork belly per pouch.  The meat has already been cooked in the cryo vac by sous vide, needing only to get a quick sear in a pan before eating.

It is pretty darn good, and I have already made myself a couple of pork belly sliders and dicing it for use in a party appetizer.  If I recall correctly, it cost about $ 13 for the package. Would recommend.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Re: Two thumbs up for Costco pork belly
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2019, 08:35:43 AM »
Damn. I was hoping that it was raw. I've not made my own bacon for a couple of years and would like to give it another go.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2019, 10:46:43 PM »
I've gotten pork belly from Cash and Carry (or whatever they call themselves now).  Made some fantastic bacon, some that sucked, just depending on the belly.  Most has been great though.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2019, 07:35:04 AM »
Huh. Never heard of them. There's one relatively close to me. I keep meaning to stop in at the local Asian supermarket to check on their belly selection. Maybe I'll finally get around to it this fall.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.