Author Topic: No Citizenship Question on the Census  (Read 5033 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
No Citizenship Question on the Census
« on: July 02, 2019, 06:19:42 PM »
Well, the census is going to press sans a citizenship question. I would protest by not filling mine out, but that would only help the people who want to pack the population counts of their liberal districts with illegals. Now that I live in a free state, I wonder if I should fill it out with household=97 to help get ID another seat in congress?

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2019/07/02/huge-if-true-doj-email-confirms-the-2020-census-form-will-be-printed-without-the-citizenship-question/

"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

grampster

• friend
Re: No Citizenship Question on the Census
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2019, 08:51:11 PM »
It would seem to me to be unconstitutional to NOT have the citizenship question as the census is supposed to count citizens.  Plus, why would having that question on the census be a threat to an illegal alien?  They either would not answer the census or would lie and say yes. 
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

HankB

• friend
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2019, 08:54:26 AM »
It would seem to me to be unconstitutional to NOT have the citizenship question as the census is supposed to count citizens.  Plus, why would having that question on the census be a threat to an illegal alien?  They either would not answer the census or would lie and say yes. 
If an illegal alien lied, he's be illegally breaking the law, and as we've been told innumerable times, illegal aliens don't do illegal things.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2019, 09:52:54 AM »
Roberts let us down again...
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2019, 09:56:36 AM »
Roberts let us down again...

I read yesterday that this may not be a done deal yet. Apparently Trump is looking at an EO. Not sure how kosher that is, but it will be interesting to watch.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2019, 04:10:17 PM »
I read yesterday that this may not be a done deal yet. Apparently Trump is looking at an EO. Not sure how kosher that is, but it will be interesting to watch.

From what I'm reading he is going to do it but that in of itself won't override the ruling but would give more ammo so to speak in a court case.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2019, 05:51:41 PM »
Use the 14th Amendment.

Section 2. Representatives shall be apportioned among the several States according to their respective numbers, counting the whole number of persons in each State, excluding Indians not taxed. But when the right to vote at any election for the choice of electors for President and Vice President of the United States, Representatives in Congress, the Executive and Judicial officers of a State, or the members of the Legislature thereof, is denied to any of the male inhabitants of such State, being twenty-one years of age, and citizens of the United States, or in any way abridged, except for participation in rebellion, or other crime, the basis of representation therein shall be reduced in the proportion which the number of such male citizens shall bear to the whole number of male citizens twenty-one years of age in such State.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2019, 07:31:12 PM »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/legal-issues/trump-says-he-is-thinking-of-executive-order-to-revive-census-citizenship-question/2019/07/05/d3ec5986-9f20-11e9-9ed4-c9089972ad5a_story.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.8f0e6e50155d

So far, he seems to be thinking about it.
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2019, 04:09:26 PM »
Pelosi appears to have stepped in it:

https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2019/07/08/this-is-disgraceful-nancy-pelosi-unleashes-her-inner-racist-with-this-take-on-the-us-census-citizenship-question/

I also recently saw a poll (from a non-conservative pollster) that had something like 57% of people in favor of a citizenship question with only like 20% opposed.

Chester32141

• friend
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2019, 10:23:32 PM »
BREAKING: Attorney General Bill Barr Says He Found a “Pathway” to Put Citizenship Question Back in the Census

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2019/07/breaking-attorney-general-bill-barr-says-he-found-a-pathway-to-put-citizenship-question-back-in-the-census/
"The best argument against democracy is a 5 minute conversation with the average voter...... "

Photos
CBs Hawg Sauce

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2019, 10:47:22 PM »
I'm just going to sign it and turn it back in.
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2019, 08:18:52 AM »
I'm just going to sign it and turn it back in.

The problem with that is that it can be good or bad depending on where you live. If you live in a region/state with a lot of illegals that will fill out the form without the citizenship question, then by not participating in the census, you are "cancelling out" their vote so to speak. If you live in a region/state that has few illegal aliens, you want to fill it out so that you contribute to potentially adding more representation in Congress, or protecting your current representation.

I believe there are several states that are on the cusp of getting an extra congresscritter taken from another state. IIRC, the new congresscritter will likely end up dem in most of them, partially bolstered by non-citizen participation in the census if there is no citizenship question.

I believe the largest potential seat gains will be in Florida and Texas. Lots of conservatives move to those states, but then so do many liberals, and they both have likely high illegal populations.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2019, 09:38:19 AM »
IMO, you should participate in the census.  However, IMO, you can do that without answering 200 questions. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2019, 10:08:34 AM »
IMO, you should participate in the census.  However, IMO, you can do that without answering 200 questions. 
Last time around I honestly reported the number of people in my household.  I figure that's sufficient.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2019, 08:14:31 PM »
Another Obama appointee

A Federal Judge Put Up Another Roadblock Against Trump's Citizenship Question For 2020 Census
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattvespa/2019/07/09/federal-judge-to-trump-doj-you-cant-change-legal-teams-for-the-2020-census-case-n2549805
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2019, 09:15:31 AM »
Last time around I honestly reported the number of people in my household.  I figure that's sufficient.
Last time, I actually had a guy who came by the house asking more questions.  I think as soon as I opened the door, he could answser half of them.  He was apologetic and just asked a handful of questions.  Apparently, he was supposed to select a certain number of people and ask follow up questions every few months for a year (do you still live at the same address, do you still work for the same company, etc - nothing real personal).  I gave him my cell number and he never came back, just called me a couple times at intervals.  I didn't care for it, but I figured the guy handled it about as well as he could have.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2019, 09:33:39 AM »
My father was a census taker one year. Wish I could remember the tales he had from that experience. Just know this, in the end, it's a joke. May as well just guess.
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2019, 09:53:39 AM »
So we count the population but aren’t interested in how many are actually citizens?

How is that even called a US census?

Every day we wake up and are expected to believe, hold and promote two opposite ideas simultaneously on multiple topics.

It’s easier to manipulate people who cannot think straight.

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2019, 09:55:30 AM »
Lefty- we must register and track all firearms sales to prevent crime, and no these records won't be used for confiscation purposes.
Also lefty- we must not keep any paperwork on illegal aliens, because it will be used to deport them.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2019, 10:13:32 AM »
Stealing yer quote!
MOLON LABE!

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2019, 10:45:27 AM »
My father was a census taker one year. Wish I could remember the tales he had from that experience. Just know this, in the end, it's a joke. May as well just guess.

I did the 2000 census.   I won't say it was a"joke"  but it definatly had screwed up aspects.  One street had MISSING  STREET NUMBERS,  and what it did have had no rational order.  
Another street  lacked the address listed on the form;   neighbors had no clue who the person named was,  and outright said there was no address like that, ever.  
We had a certain no. of long forms.  It's surprising what people will tell you.  Waaaaaaaay  more than I would.   Others won't talk to you at all for the short form.  But their neighbor will ......

....... Play nice with those around you .....

Oh.  Beware of the dogs, too.  =D
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2019, 11:04:03 AM »
Dad was doing this in Baton Rough, LA.
MOLON LABE!

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2019, 11:04:39 AM »
So we count the population but aren’t interested in how many are actually citizens?

How is that even called a US census?

Every day we wake up and are expected to believe, hold and promote two opposite ideas simultaneously on multiple topics.

It’s easier to manipulate people who cannot think straight.

Because the Article I, Section 2, of the Constitution makes no reference to the people being counted being citizens. Only free people.

As reported, the results of the Census also didn't reference which individuals counted were citizens vs. non-citizens.

As far as I can tell it wasn't until the 1820 census that a count was made of "foreigners not naturalized."
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2019, 11:14:25 AM »
Can it be called ironic that the same people who screamed the loudest, and still are, about interference in the 2016 election are the very same people making interference in our elections as easy as possible?
« Last Edit: July 10, 2019, 11:33:12 AM by WLJ »
- Calvin and Hobbes