Author Topic: I Guess Starbucks Will Shut Down for Training Again  (Read 2203 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
I Guess Starbucks Will Shut Down for Training Again
« on: July 06, 2019, 09:51:47 AM »
Looks like Starbucks will be shutting down for training again.  :laugh:

One single little snowflake decides that five cops sitting down to coffee was a threat to their safety, so a Starbucks employee kicked out the cops. This snowflake should have received the same treatment that the DNC snowflake did in that DC BBQ joint. It's getting tiresome watching the world revolve around every little perceived micro-regression.

https://www.foxnews.com/food-drink/starbucks-shop-boots-police-officers-because-customer-did-not-feel-safe-reports

"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MechAg94

• friend
Re: I Guess Starbucks Will Shut Down for Training Again
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2019, 12:43:49 PM »
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2019, 12:55:20 PM »
Starbucks ...

:facepalm:
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2019, 01:05:55 PM »
I'm not ready to blame the whole corporation yet.  This is on the snowflake and the barista, and *maybe* the person running the joint.  I don't like cops either; I don't trust them.  So I leave them alone, and perhaps because I'm older and white they mostly leave me alone.  

Nobody really fears 4 or 5 men (I assume they were all men, I don't think it said) minding their own business drinking coffee.  Even a poorly trained barista should see thru that one.
"It's good, though..."

HankB

• friend
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2019, 01:09:24 PM »
Funny . . . when I'm in a restaurant, I feel safer if there's a group of police dining there. (Which of course isn't in conflict with my opinion of things like no-knock raids.) 

I've said it before, and I'll say it again - as a society, we spend FAR too much time, effort, and money trying to cater to the feelings of the perpetually offended lunatic fringe.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2019, 01:32:18 PM »
I'm not ready to blame the whole corporation yet.  

I wasn't blaming the corporation either. This is clearly similar to that last event with the two black guys, just in this case with overreacting employees catering to a nutjob. However, the corporation seems to also overreact in their response, with stuff like shutting every Starbucks in America down for "sensitivity training".
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2019, 05:22:20 PM »
I wasn't blaming the corporation either. This is clearly similar to that last event with the two black guys, just in this case with overreacting employees catering to a nutjob. However, the corporation seems to also overreact in their response, with stuff like shutting every Starbucks in America down for "sensitivity training".

This situation seems to be much, much different.

In the trespassing incident, the store manager called police on two loiterers. She seems to have been fired, more or less, by a "woke" corporate office, that doubled down with further attempts to abase themselves for being too white, or whatever it is Leftists do.

Here, we have police, presumably paying customers, and probably not black (or not all of them); kicked out by the local store. In this case, Starbucks seems to be apologizing. We'll see if cops kicked out for no reason results in the same, corporate-wide panic session as we saw with the loiterer-booting.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2019, 06:47:21 PM »
We'll see if cops kicked out for no reason results in the same, corporate-wide panic session as we saw with the loiterer-booting.

Sorry if unclear, but that is what I meant by similar - the corporate-wide panic and over-reaction versus just handling it as a single issue and maybe sending out a memo.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2019, 08:00:58 PM »
Sorry if unclear, but that is what I meant by similar - the corporate-wide panic and over-reaction versus just handling it as a single issue and maybe sending out a memo.

Yeeeaaah... If you could all pull your heads out of your collective asses that'd be great....
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2019, 12:11:07 AM »
Starbucks does seem to have an awfully hard time peddling pretentious refreshments, without either being Klan Koffee (calling 5-O on black "customers") or too woke to function (Race Together initiative and booting cops from a store).
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2019, 12:58:31 AM »
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2023, 10:21:34 AM »
In other Starbucks news

A white Starbucks manager who was fired when her staff refused to let two black men use the bathroom at a Philadelphia store has been awarded $25.6million.

Shannon Phillips on Monday won her lawsuit against the coffee giant and was handed $25million in punitive damages and $600,000 in compensatory damages.

A federal jury in New Jersey found the company had given her the boot because she was white, which violated her civil rights.

The lawsuit finally came to an end this week five years after the arrests of the two black men at the Starbucks in Rittenhouse Square, Philadelphia.

Rashon Nelson and Donte Robinson had been waiting for a meeting when they were refused access to the toilet and were asked to leave before cops were called.

Their arrests prompted widespread outrage and protests after footage of the incident emerged - and Starbucks was accused of racism and boycott threats.

White Starbucks manager who ran Philly store where two black men were refused access to bathroom - sparking protests - is awarded $25M as jury finds she was fired because of her race
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12193961/Starbucks-manager-ran-Philly-store-two-black-men-refused-access-bathroom-gets-25M.html
« Last Edit: June 14, 2023, 10:35:06 AM by WLJ »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2023, 10:50:07 AM »
People get less money when companies kill their family.  Why is it that there are so many lawsuits these days that award such absurd amounts of money for relatively minor things?

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2023, 10:53:26 AM »
Unpossible! You can't violate Whitey McWhiterson's civil rights! They don't have any because they're so fraught with white privilege.

What a travesty of justice!
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2023, 11:16:52 AM »
Well, the cost of SB swill will be rising again.

bob

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2023, 02:18:06 PM »
What do you expect from coffee shops where the baristas are such pussies that they unionize
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2023, 02:45:01 PM »
What do you expect from coffee shops where the baristas are such pussies that they unionize

W encourage it. The future of those sad little unions is the wonderful automated thing at sheetz that makes my coffee for me.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2023, 05:32:09 PM »
People get less money when companies kill their family.  Why is it that there are so many lawsuits these days that award such absurd amounts of money for relatively minor things?

A good lawyer and really sympathetic jury?

Be curious how the appeal turns out, you never hear those results in the national news much.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2023, 06:55:48 PM »
In other Starbucks news

White Starbucks manager who ran Philly store where two black men were refused access to bathroom - sparking protests - is awarded $25M as jury finds she was fired because of her race
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12193961/Starbucks-manager-ran-Philly-store-two-black-men-refused-access-bathroom-gets-25M.html

She didn't manage that store. She was a regional manager and the store in question was within her territory. Starbucks basically threw her under the bus for not taking the matter seriously enough, and not "getting in front of" the damage control effort. I have no idea whether or not the actual manager of the store was penalized in any way.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design