Author Topic: Jeffrey Epstein arrested for sex trafficking  (Read 8530 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: Jeffrey Epstein arrested for sex trafficking
« Reply #50 on: July 10, 2019, 04:50:33 PM »
I myself would argue that is exactly the time when we should be following the rule of law. Had we been able to capture Bin Laden alive, I would have been thrilled to see him on trial in Federal Court in NYC and then left to rot in a clean, well-lighted cell at the Florence Supermax or left to contemplate his remaining days on Death Row at Terre Haute.

I would liked to have seen him pushed out of a helicopter hovering at the exact center point between where the 110 floors of Tower 1 & 2 used to be to hogs waiting below. Then play the video at Gitmo while they enjoy their mystery meat. Afterwards tell them where the meat came from.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #51 on: July 10, 2019, 05:01:35 PM »

People like Schumer are making a bigger deal about Acosta than they are about Epstein.

Maybe Schumer rode the Lolita Express a time or three ...
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #52 on: July 10, 2019, 05:07:23 PM »
People like Schumer are making a bigger deal about Acosta than they are about Epstein.

Maybe Schumer rode the Lolita Express a time or three ...

Epstein ---> Clinton
Acosta ---> Trump (in their minds)
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

brimic

• friends
« Reply #53 on: July 10, 2019, 05:43:25 PM »
I myself would argue that is exactly the time when we should be following the rule of law. Had we been able to capture Bin Laden alive, I would have been thrilled to see him on trial in Federal Court in NYC and then left to rot in a clean, well-lighted cell at the Florence Supermax or left to contemplate his remaining days on Death Row at Terre Haute.  I suspect that between the various state and Federal actions, the truth will out with Mr. Epstein.

Edited to add: I Googled Terre Haute and was interested to see there are a little over 50 people on the Federal death row, and the last execution was back in 2003.  I wonder if there is some sort of official or unofficial moratorium on the penalty since some of the people there were sentenced to death over 20 years ago, and I would have thought their appeals would have run out by now.

Normally I would agree to that, but slavers and people who prey on children, along with their enablers are below human, they degrade the very definition of humanity.

"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #54 on: July 10, 2019, 06:44:20 PM »
Went to my youtube page, every news video under Breaking News is Acosta Acosta Acosta Acosta Acosta
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #55 on: July 10, 2019, 11:11:38 PM »
Normally I would agree to that, but slavers and people who prey on children, along with their enablers are below human, they degrade the very definition of humanity.

They may not be very good at being human, but human is what they are.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #56 on: July 11, 2019, 07:12:46 PM »
In yesterday's WSJ;

In case you hadn’t heard, billionaire Jeffrey Epstein was charged on Monday in New York with child sex trafficking. But judging by the political reaction, you’d think Labor Secretary Alex Acosta was the arraigned miscreant. Democrats are now stringing up Mr. Acosta for prosecutorial judgments he made a decade ago as a U.S. Attorney despite no evidence of wrongdoing.

Mr. Epstein was indicted by the U.S. Attorney for the Southern District of New York on two counts of sex trafficking and conspiracy. According to the indictment, Mr. Epstein “sexually exploited and abused dozens of minor girls at his homes in Manhattan, New York, and Palm Beach, Florida” between 2002 and 2005.
The U.S.-U.K. Diplomatic Dust-up
Subscribe

The indictment details how Mr. Epstein allegedly paid young girls hundreds of dollars to give him nude massages that also involved sexual acts. He also paid three employees—not named in the indictment—to recruit other girls and schedule visits. Mr. Epstein also allegedly knew that his victims were underage. He has pleaded not guilty.

This is ugly stuff but most of it isn’t new. In 2008 Mr. Epstein pleaded guilty to soliciting underage prostitution under Florida law as part of a non-prosecution agreement with the U.S. Attorney’s Office in Miami that Mr. Acosta ran at the time. But Democrats and the media are flogging the new indictment as evidence that Mr. Acosta somehow acted improperly.

The innuendo is that Mr. Acosta went easy on a sexual predator as a favor to the Masters of the Universe who were known to socialize with Mr. Epstein, including Donald Trump and Bill Clinton, as well as his high-powered lawyers Alan Dershowitz and Ken Starr. So Democrats are now demanding that Mr. Acosta resign his Cabinet post.

“It is now impossible for anyone to have confidence in Secretary Acosta’s ability to lead the Department of Labor,” Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer declared. But the U.S. Senate voted to confirm Mr. Acosta in 2017 with 60 votes, including eight Democrats. Senators knew about the 2008 Epstein plea deal when they voted for confirmation.

There’s nothing in the Epstein indictment to indicate that Mr. Acosta abused his power or violated his oath as U.S. Attorney. By all publicly available evidence, Mr. Acosta acted honorably and drove a tougher deal with Mr. Epstein than state prosecutors and some lower-level U.S. prosecutors sought.

The non-prosecution agreement required Mr. Epstein to cop to two state felonies that led to a 13-month jail sentence, register for life as a sex offender and pay restitution to victims as well as their attorney fees. Mr. Schumer’s friend, Manhattan District Attorney Cyrus Vance Jr., is the prosecutor who in 2011 sought to downgrade Mr. Epstein’s sex-offender status in New York where he was required to register because he had a home.

According to documents unsealed in a related federal case, low-level federal prosecutors initially sought to have Mr. Epstein plead guilty to a misdemeanor. Former state attorney Barry Krischer for unclear reasons also pushed for lighter charges.

But Mr. Acosta pushed back against Mr. Epstein’s lawyers. “The [U.S. attorneys] who have been negotiating with defense counsel have for some time complained to me regarding the tactics used by the defense team,’’ Mr. Acosta wrote to Mr. Starr. “It appears to them that as soon as resolution is reached on one issue, defense counsel finds ways to challenge the resolution collaterally.’’

Mr. Acosta also sought to ensure that victims’ rights were respected. “We intend to provide victims with notice of the federal resolution, as required by law,” Mr. Acosta wrote to a defense attorney who objected to victims being notified of the non-prosecution agreement.

Mr. Epstein’s lawyers contend that the non-prosecution agreement now provides him and his alleged co-conspirator broad immunity for sex-trafficking charges. But the U.S. Attorney in Manhattan says the deal covered only the U.S. Attorney for the Southern District of Florida, and that new evidence supports sex-trafficking charges in New York.

Mr. Epstein will get his day in court, and even rich convicted felons deserve representation. But Democrats shouldn’t get away with implying that Mr. Acosta is guilty of prosecutorial abuses without evidence. President Trump shouldn’t throw Mr. Acosta to the same mob that has indicted him without evidence of colluding with the Russians.

Copyright ©2019 Dow Jones & Company, Inc. All Rights Reserved. 87990cbe856818d5eddac44c7b1cdeb8

Appeared in the July 10, 2019, print edition.

The other thing to keep in mind is that Mr. Acosta did not have all the evidence and testimony that the Miami Herald has uncovered subsequent to the case.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
Jeffrey Epstein arrested for sex trafficking
« Reply #57 on: July 11, 2019, 07:24:54 PM »
I myself would argue that is exactly the time when we should be following the rule of law. Had we been able to capture Bin Laden alive, I would have been thrilled to see him on trial in Federal Court in NYC and then left to rot in a clean, well-lighted cell at the Florence Supermax or left to contemplate his remaining days on Death Row at Terre Haute.  I suspect that between the various state and Federal actions, the truth will out with Mr. Epstein.

Edited to add: I Googled Terre Haute and was interested to see there are a little over 50 people on the Federal death row, and the last execution was back in 2003.  I wonder if there is some sort of official or unofficial moratorium on the penalty since some of the people there were sentenced to death over 20 years ago, and I would have thought their appeals would have run out by now.

*expletive deleted*ck the rule of law. All my life I’ve seen the “rule of law” let predators of all kinds, molesters, rapists, thieves, and murderers go to offend again.

I’m glad they shot Bin Laden in the face or we’d have some liberal *expletive deleted*s wanting to pardon him or release him after 10 years or some *expletive deleted*it.

Epstein will hide behind the “rule of law” and *expletive deleted*it won’t happen, again. He’s already a sex offender, doesn’t seem to have slowed his roll yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #58 on: July 11, 2019, 08:28:30 PM »
*expletive deleted*ck the rule of law. All my life I’ve seen the “rule of law” let predators of all kinds, molesters, rapists, thieves, and murderers go to offend again.

I’m glad they shot Bin Laden in the face or we’d have some liberal *expletive deleted*s wanting to pardon him or release him after 10 years or some *expletive deleted*it.

Epstein will hide behind the “rule of law” and *expletive deleted*it won’t happen, again. He’s already a sex offender, doesn’t seem to have slowed his roll yet.

Slow clap.

And that,  in an angry rant sums up my worldview of the current state of things.  Off to Western Rifle Shooters..
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #59 on: July 12, 2019, 10:21:05 AM »
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #60 on: July 12, 2019, 11:17:20 AM »

On top of that, I heard the New York prosecutors and police did not enforce the "sex offender" rules.  He was allowed to avoid most of the requirements. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #62 on: July 13, 2019, 09:33:59 AM »
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #63 on: July 13, 2019, 12:49:35 PM »
All the above logic and analysis means nothing.

"Acosta Bad ! Acosta Bad ! Acosta Bad ! Acosta Bad ! Acosta Bad !" was what counted.  See Reply #59.

I call it the Rule of Jaw.  Bad pun, but that's what I call it.

Terry, 230RN
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #64 on: July 22, 2019, 04:13:54 PM »
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=R6-gUqNPi4I

Mark my words, this man is ‘Q’ or strongly associated with ‘Q’.

Barack Obama

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #65 on: July 22, 2019, 11:07:00 PM »
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=R6-gUqNPi4I

Mark my words, this man is ‘Q’ or strongly associated with ‘Q’.

One of my Conspiracy Coworker's intel sources. FWIW.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

brimic

• friends
« Reply #66 on: July 23, 2019, 03:38:53 PM »

One of my Conspiracy Coworker's intel sources. FWIW.

Steve P is probably one of the scariest men alive. He’s a long time spook and probably orchestrated several ‘regime changes.’ He’s put out a lot of information since before Trump got elected, though it’s impossible to discern information from disinformation.

Barack Obama

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #67 on: July 25, 2019, 12:40:56 AM »
he just "tried to commit suicide"

why am I having a difficult time believing this?
its all fun and games until its time to pay, isn't it.
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #68 on: July 25, 2019, 01:44:00 AM »
he just "tried to commit suicide"

Who? Epstein?
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

p12

• friend
  • I SEE NOISES!!
« Reply #69 on: July 25, 2019, 06:20:19 AM »
Who? Epstein?

Yep. 

https://www.facebook.com/95475020353/posts/10163339957570354?s=100001610913131&sfns=mo

Only link I’ve found that I could copy.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #70 on: July 25, 2019, 06:59:41 AM »
https://nypost.com/2019/07/24/jeffrey-epstein-found-nearly-unconscious-with-injuries-to-his-neck-in-nyc-jail-cell/

It’s unclear how Epstein suffered his neck injuries.

Investigators believe Epstein may have done it to himself either on purpose or as a ploy to get transferred out of the jail, sources said.

It was also possible that Epstein was attacked by another inmate, the sources added.

My undersanding is that pedophiles and child abusers in general don't do well in the general prison population.

Terry, 230RN

P.S.  "...may have done it to himself either on purpose or as a ploy to get transferred..."

Both would be "on purpose."  I think what the writer meant was "... either as an actual suicide attempt or as a ploy..."
« Last Edit: July 25, 2019, 07:26:08 AM by 230RN »
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #71 on: July 25, 2019, 08:12:18 AM »
https://nypost.com/2019/07/24/jeffrey-epstein-found-nearly-unconscious-with-injuries-to-his-neck-in-nyc-jail-cell/

My undersanding is that pedophiles and child abusers in general don't do well in the general prison population.

Terry, 230RN

P.S.  "...may have done it to himself either on purpose or as a ploy to get transferred..."

Both would be "on purpose."  I think what the writer meant was "... either as an actual suicide attempt or as a ploy..."

I hope Epstein stays in perfect health until he’s convicted. I he can’t be suicided, I suspect that he’s going to have some sort of mental health issues coming up that leave him unable to testify to anything. =|

Barack Obama

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #72 on: July 25, 2019, 11:06:18 AM »
I heard speculation this morning that it wasn't a suicide attempt but an attempt to get out of the facility in which he's being kept. He's made numerous complaints about the food, insect infestations, the temperature, etc.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #73 on: July 25, 2019, 11:07:22 AM »
I heard speculation this morning that it wasn't a suicide attempt but an attempt to get out of the facility in which he's being kept. He's made numerous complaints about the food, insect infestations, the temperature, etc.

The poor baby
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #74 on: July 25, 2019, 08:19:32 PM »
Possible attack according to this

Investigators are trying to piece together what happened, and have spoken to an accused killer who one source says may have attacked Epstein.

However, the fourth source says an assault has not been ruled out, and that another inmate has been questioned. The inmate who investigators have talked to in Lower Manhattan facility has been identified as Nicholas Tartaglione, according to a source. Tartaglione is a former Orange County police officer who was arrested in December 2016 and accused of killing four men in an alleged cocaine distribution conspiracy, then burying their bodies in his yard in Otisville, according to court records.
Report: Jeffrey Epstein Found ‘Semi-Conscious’ in Jail Cell After Possible Attack
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2019/07/24/report-jeffrey-epstein-found-semi-conscious-in-jail-cell-after-possible-attack/
- Calvin and Hobbes