Author Topic: British ambassador...  (Read 920 times)

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
British ambassador...
« on: July 09, 2019, 07:47:04 AM »
So, the British ambassador to DC, in cables back to London, has described Trump and his White House in quite unflattering terms, including inept and chaotic.

Those cables have been leaked, and the Trump administration says it will no longer be dealing with the ambassador. Teresa May, on the other hand, says he has her full confidence.

It makes one wonder a number of things...

1. Who leaked the cables, and why?

2. Will the administration demand a new ambassador?

3. What's the ambassador's views on how Teresa May has turned Britain into a laughing stock in its attempts to exit the EU?

Just out of curiosity, what is the procedure (if there is one) for a nation demanding a new ambassador from another nation?
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: British ambassador...
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2019, 08:06:20 AM »
I'll be interested to see (if we ever do) who the leaker was. From what I read, the Ambassador was well liked by most of Trump's staff. If he was otherwise working well with the administration, the leak seems (tin foil hat on) kind of deep state.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2019, 08:31:34 AM »
Britain was waist deep in the election tampering and “soft coup” attempt by the traitors who were in the FBI, Justice Dept and CIA.

Just like we don’t know just how subverted our organizations are/were or high the rot goes/went we have the same situation in the UK.

Until May is gone and a more Trump friendly government takes control I view their govnmt with suspicion.

Actually I view all government(s) with suspicion   :laugh:

Our only hope is that there are “white hats” in all these compromised organizations and that they are coordinating the draining of the swamp.

« Last Edit: July 09, 2019, 09:01:49 AM by Ron »
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2019, 12:24:31 PM »

Just out of curiosity, what is the procedure (if there is one) for a nation demanding a new ambassador from another nation?

Declare him Persona non Grata and in essence gets deported.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2019, 09:48:12 AM »
He has resigned.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2019, 10:39:43 AM »
He has resigned.

Honestly all he could do.

The Trump Administration can't overlook such an insult (whether private or not) and the Ambassador really can't get anything done as a result.

I'm sure it was leaked thinking it would hurt Trump. And, instead, Britain (and their ambassador) look bad.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2019, 10:50:43 AM »

The Trump Administration can't overlook such an insult (whether private or not) and the Ambassador really can't get anything done as a result.

I'm sure it was leaked thinking it would hurt Trump. And, instead, Britain (and their ambassador) look bad.

A lot of times badmouthing people can make the badmouther look worse than the badmouthed.
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2019, 10:56:07 AM »
I'm really surprised that a senior diplomatic official would have used such blunt language in cables fully knowing that they could be leaked. Hell, something very similar happened with US cables when Hillary was Sec State, only those covered a MUCH broader range of time.

Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2019, 12:24:35 PM »
When they say "cables", are they referring to official memos or official email correspondence? 

Either way, I would think the ambassador would know his own department of state was not trustworthy. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2019, 12:51:08 PM »
Essentially it means any official communication between an embassy and its home office.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diplomatic_cable

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2019, 11:18:30 PM »

As Andrew Klavan says, Trump is a mirror that makes men mad. Or, as he also puts it, Trump's superpower is driving his enemies to destroy themselves.

(I don't know if the idea is original with him, or if he's quoting someone else.)
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife