Author Topic: Magnum PI is on Amazon Prime  (Read 2736 times)

Big Hairy Bee

• friend
Re: Magnum PI is on Amazon Prime
« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2020, 07:42:04 PM »
Slight drift, as Magnum PI is one of my all time favorites from the beginning and own the DVDs.  In IMDB.TV through my FireTV, I am watching The Rockford Files for the FIRST time and really enjoying it.  I don't know how I missed it during the original run.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #26 on: September 10, 2020, 10:29:37 AM »
I tried watching Magnum PI on Amazon Prime over the weekend and they've taken it OFF Prime and made it available for additional fees.

Plus they're moving more and more OUT of Prime video availability and moving into clustered interest segments, such as Military History, British Comedy, etc. -- for even more additional fees.

WTF is the point of subscribing to Amazon prime if you have to pile fee on *expletive deleted*ing fee on *expletive deleted*ing fee?
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #27 on: September 10, 2020, 10:44:56 AM »
I tried watching Magnum PI on Amazon Prime over the weekend and they've taken it OFF Prime and made it available for additional fees.

Plus they're moving more and more OUT of Prime video availability and moving into clustered interest segments, such as Military History, British Comedy, etc. -- for even more additional fees.

WTF is the point of subscribing to Amazon prime if you have to pile fee on *expletive deleted*ing fee on *expletive deleted*ing fee?

Yes, I've noticed this too. A bunch of shows that were Prime are now on all these rinky dink little services within Prime that want you to subscribe. This is exactly what I was afraid of when everybody started their own services.

The other thing I've seen happen is that shows that were on Prime have now moved to services like IMDB (I think owned by Amazon) which are free, but full of commercials that you can't skip. Again, these are all listed in the Prime lineup. Babylon 5 for instance, was Prime. I wanted to watch an episode a month or so ago, and it wasn't until I started the episode that I saw it now went to some other service and started off with a commercial.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

grampster

• friend
« Reply #28 on: September 10, 2020, 11:20:48 PM »
If you haven't watched, The Three Muskateers is a terrific series on Prime.  Been binge watching and it's great.  3 episodes left in season 3.  I hope they do another season.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw