Author Topic: Flying the Mexican Flag  (Read 1844 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Flying the Mexican Flag
« on: July 13, 2019, 08:42:27 AM »
I'm sure my opinion means "Ben is a white supremacist", but here we go again:

https://www.foxnews.com/us/colorado-protestors-rip-down-american-flag-at-ice-facility-raise-mexico-flag-vandalize-blue-lives-matter-flag

This always bugs the crap out of me. The optics to me are the protestors saying one thing and doing another. It makes it not about immigration, but about race and nationality. I suppose it especially irks me because I come from an immigrant family. You don't see me waving the kraut flag around yelling 'Viva Fatherland!".

It again shows these people don't want to come to the US, they want the US to cede to their demands and culture. I really don't see this with any other immigrant groups. It's also both funny and telling that as we are getting a horde coming in from Central America, it's the Mexican flag that flies.

Anyway, anytime I see the Mexican flag flying regarding immigration issues or protests, I automatically dismiss anything that group says. They lose me the second that the foreign flag flies.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
Re: Flying the Mexican Flag
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2019, 09:02:53 AM »
There are very large immigrant groups where I live.

Large Polish, Indian, Filipino and of course Mexican populations.

The Poles and Mexicans still have a lot of pride and devotion to their homelands often expressed by flags or sticker flags on vehicles and sometimes their houses.

It does seem related to how long they’ve been citizens and how assimilated they’ve become.

The immigration issue isn’t really one issue, it’s multiple issues.

I’m with you though. If you are petitioning the US government for citizenship I would think the least you could do is pretend to like America.

Seems the norm from south of our non-border is to want to come to America, even though they don’t like America(cans).

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Sindawe

• friend
  • Vashneesht
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2019, 09:04:32 AM »
... because I come from an immigrant family.

In the end we ALL come from immigrant families in this hemisphere.  Some are just more recent than others.

Hoist the colors of one sovereign nation in the recognized territory of another?  Fine, rip down the Mexican flag and raise this one, let the ADL go frell themselves long & hard.

I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2019, 09:19:45 AM »

The Poles and Mexicans still have a lot of pride and devotion to their homelands often expressed by flags or sticker flags on vehicles and sometimes their houses.

This doesn't bother me at all. A sticker on a car window, a flag at a house (though I prefer it be flown under an American flag), an "I'm a kraut" or "I'm a pollack" t-shirt - no problems here. To me, this is just part of our melting pot acknowledging and enjoying their heritage as part of the American experience.

But as you say, if you are getting political, or asking for "asylum", but you, in some kind of protest, fly the flag of the country you supposedly want to LEAVE for the opportunity that is America? Drop dead and go to hell.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2019, 09:29:35 AM »
The symbolism of flying both flags with the American flag in preeminence would make for far better optics than just the Mexican flag.

They need better marketing.

Personally, I believe all immigration needs to come to a slow trickle so we can assimilate.

Regardless of where they are coming from or what race/ethnicity they are, immigrant populations are voting leftist by large majorities.

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2019, 10:06:15 AM »
I'm sure my opinion means "Ben is a white supremacist", but here we go again:

https://www.foxnews.com/us/colorado-protestors-rip-down-american-flag-at-ice-facility-raise-mexico-flag-vandalize-blue-lives-matter-flag

This always bugs the crap out of me. The optics to me are the protestors saying one thing and doing another. It makes it not about immigration, but about race and nationality. I suppose it especially irks me because I come from an immigrant family. You don't see me waving the kraut flag around yelling 'Viva Fatherland!".

You need jack boots.  Available from a number of sources.

Anyway, anytime I see the Mexican flag flying regarding immigration issues or protests, I automatically dismiss anything that group says. They lose me the second that the foreign flag flies.

ditto.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2019, 10:55:12 AM »
Going to another country and ripping down their flag and raising another country's flag is an act of war and should mean a ticket to a POW camp.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2019, 11:16:05 AM by WLJ »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2019, 11:47:47 AM »
Wearing an "I am {not an American}" shirt and NOT a visitor here? Then GTFO! Expressing your HERITAGE while being an AMERICAN who has or is ASSIMILATING, good for you!
 :old:
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2019, 03:00:04 PM »
Going to another country and ripping down their flag and raising another country's flag is an act of war and should mean a ticket to a POW camp.

I concur with that statement.

Protesting carrying whatever flag you want, use your first amendment rights, but don't expect to be taken seriously if you are wanting to become a citizen of the nation you protesting while flying the flag of the country you are coming from.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

brimic

• friends
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2019, 09:03:51 PM »

Just a bunch of Poles standing around doing Polish things.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2019, 10:01:14 PM »
Meanwhile at another ICE facility

Armed Man Shot And Killed After Hurling Molotov Cocktail At Seattle ICE Center
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/timothymeads/2019/07/13/man-shot-and-killed-after-hurling-molotov-cocktail-at-ice-centers-n2550013
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2019, 11:05:26 PM »

Personally, I believe all immigration needs to come to a slow trickle so we can assimilate.

I think all immigration needs to come to a screeching halt until those immigrants who are here legally can assimilate, and those who are here illegally can be sent back to wherever they came from.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2019, 11:36:59 PM »
Meanwhile at another ICE facility

Armed Man Shot And Killed After Hurling Molotov Cocktail At Seattle ICE Center
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/timothymeads/2019/07/13/man-shot-and-killed-after-hurling-molotov-cocktail-at-ice-centers-n2550013

Play stupid games,  win stupid prizes.  I sincerely hope he was Antifa.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2019, 12:31:28 AM »
^^^

https://www-1.thenewstribune.com/news/local/article232647262.html

69 year old self-employed carpenter.  According to other articles, he left a manifesto and sent 'good-bye' letters to his friends.  The consensus was that this was a suicide by cop.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2019, 10:25:37 AM »
Ben:

But as you say, if you are getting political, or asking for "asylum", but you, in some kind of protest, fly the flag of the country you supposedly want to LEAVE for the opportunity that is America? Drop dead and go to hell.

Hear, hear !

Something like that should replace the insipid (and outdated) poem on the Statue of Liberty.  Hey ! We've had enough of your wretched refuse.  Don't send  us any more!

Terry, 230RN

REF:
“Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore..."

WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2019, 04:06:58 PM »
Ben:
Hear, hear !

Something like that should replace the insipid (and outdated) poem on the Statue of Liberty.  Hey ! We've had enough of your wretched refuse.  Don't send  us any more!

Terry, 230RN

REF:
“Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore..."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GE9AQhfz2fM   :rofl:

The original version as played on the radio show opened with a choir singing The New Colossus rather than a band playing My Country 'Tis of Thee (or God Save the Queen), that's why your post reminded me of this. :) 
"It's good, though..."

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2019, 11:09:49 AM »
^^^

https://www-1.thenewstribune.com/news/local/article232647262.html

69 year old self-employed carpenter.  According to other articles, he left a manifesto and sent 'good-bye' letters to his friends.  The consensus was that this was a suicide by cop.

Now Fox is reporting that he identified as Antifa in his manifesto:
https://www.foxnews.com/us/washington-man-killed-at-ice-detention-center-manifesto

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2019, 11:45:14 AM »
Now Fox is reporting that he identified as Antifa in his manifesto:
https://www.foxnews.com/us/washington-man-killed-at-ice-detention-center-manifesto

Truly, an antifa worthy of emulation.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

brimic

• friends
« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2019, 12:44:50 PM »
Truly, an antifa worthy of emulation.
Or immolation.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama