Author Topic: Aw Trump, You Were Doing So Well on the Twitter  (Read 5360 times)

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
Re: Aw Trump, You Were Doing So Well on the Twitter
« Reply #25 on: July 16, 2019, 04:39:37 AM »
Trump keeps his name in the news.  Democrats and the News media (but I repeat myself) are always reacting to what he is doing. 

The basic thing is that people vote their wallets.  And right now, most peoples wallets are full with money from their paychecks.  Trump is pointing out that that money will disappear if any of the democrats are elected and on the need for Republican Congress.  Especially on the issue of the border.  Other than in liberal enclaves, most people see the border as a problem and Congress not doing anything to fix it. 
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #26 on: July 16, 2019, 08:15:45 AM »
Yeah. People can call it 4-D OODA loop chess (with or without sarcasm) but it's fascinating how often he bucks conventional wisdom and comes out on top.

In early 2017, a Never-Trump friend of mine said Trump was foolish to start a war on words with those who buy ink by the barrel. Rather dumbfoundedly, I pointed out to him that Trump had just won the U.S. Presidency by doing that very thing.

He knows that if you throw a pact of hungry dogs a bone they often will start tearing each other apart for it. This applies to both politicians and the media.
There are times when I think he understands both far better than the either knows themselves.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #29 on: July 16, 2019, 08:59:16 PM »
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/house-floor-fight-pelosi-collins-condemn-trump-tweets

lol.

Did any of the democrats even scold Tlaib when she called Trump a mother *expletive deleted*er on national TV?
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #30 on: July 16, 2019, 09:54:38 PM »
Trump fed the “squad” and their allies in Congress a bunch of sugary sweets with caffeine, then sent them home to momma Pelosi.    :lol:

Pelosi has her hands full now.

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #31 on: July 16, 2019, 11:50:51 PM »
some President said something

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNSl3JiylWE
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #32 on: July 17, 2019, 08:05:59 AM »

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #33 on: July 17, 2019, 10:54:01 AM »
"The reason there are directions on shampoo bottles."  :rofl:

Okay, he stole it from Kennedy (who always has great quips) but still, looks like he's back on his Twitter roll.  :laugh:

https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2019/07/17/horsewomen-of-the-apocalypse-donald-trump-quotes-sen-john-kennedy-r-la-on-the-squad-and-libs-are-triggered/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #34 on: July 17, 2019, 12:47:37 PM »
Support for Trump went up among the base over last weeks already strong numbers, according to a weekly Reuters poll.

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

DittoHead

• friend
  • Writing for the Bulwark since August 2019
« Reply #35 on: July 17, 2019, 01:38:43 PM »
Support for Trump went up among the base over last weeks already strong numbers, according to a weekly Reuters poll.

No surprise there. This is the kind of stuff they love.
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #37 on: July 17, 2019, 04:07:01 PM »
Apparently I need to go back to grammar school for remedial vocabulary lessons. For many years, I have labored under the misapprehension that the term "racial" had something to do with race. According to Reuters, that's not the case.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-poll/republican-support-for-trump-rises-after-racially-charged-tweets-reuters-ipsos-poll-idUSKCN1UB2UD

It seems that if you tell someone who publicly expresses hatred for the United States to get out, -- with no mention of their race -- that's nonetheless a "racist" comment.

Good to know. I'll file that for future reference.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

HankB

• friend
« Reply #38 on: July 17, 2019, 07:51:49 PM »
What I'd like to know is why are all 4 of the women involved considered to be POCs, meaning People Of Color?

AOC herself appears to have a paler complexion than a great many people of 100% European extraction, and Tlaib isn't extremely dark, either.

Both - especially AOC - certainly look more (drum roll . . . wait for it . . . ) Caucasian than Negro or Oriental on my TV.

Maybe it's the Rachel Dolezal / Elizabeth Warren racial identity of convenience effect . . . 
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #39 on: July 17, 2019, 09:01:57 PM »
I have to admit  when I read Trump's tweet, I thought he was referring to the cities they came from.  (Which are Democrat run festering shiteholes.)
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #40 on: July 17, 2019, 09:24:03 PM »
interesting NSFW ( due to a common word or two/3 )  take on trumptweet
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHRVyyEh9Rg
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #41 on: July 17, 2019, 09:25:12 PM »
What I'd like to know is why are all 4 of the women involved considered to be POCs, meaning People Of Color?

AOC herself appears to have a paler complexion than a great many people of 100% European extraction, and Tlaib isn't extremely dark, either.

Both - especially AOC - certainly look more (drum roll . . . wait for it . . . ) Caucasian than Negro or Oriental on my TV.

For some reason, people of Hispanic descent seem to be considered to be "People of Color." (They are also classified as "Hispanic" for ethnicity, rather than European -- something that really, REALLY irritated my late South American wife.) Her attitude was that her family came from Spain centuries back, she was NOT from Spain, so she was "Latin American," not "Hispanic." And she said she was as white as any Caucasian European, she was not a "people of Color."
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

grampster

• friend
« Reply #42 on: July 17, 2019, 10:17:59 PM »
I have to admit  when I read Trump's tweet, I thought he was referring to the cities they came from.  (Which are Democrat run festering shiteholes.)

I agree.  That's what I thought and so did my son and one grandson.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #43 on: July 17, 2019, 10:24:53 PM »

I read it too.  All he has to do is say he mistyped "countries" (in the first sentence) when he meant to say "counties".
"It's good, though..."

HankB

• friend
« Reply #44 on: July 17, 2019, 10:32:00 PM »
For some reason, people of Hispanic descent seem to be considered to be "People of Color." (They are also classified as "Hispanic" for ethnicity, rather than European -- something that really, REALLY irritated my late South American wife.) Her attitude was that her family came from Spain centuries back, she was NOT from Spain, so she was "Latin American," not "Hispanic." And she said she was as white as any Caucasian European, she was not a "people of Color."
And of course we all remember that George Zimmerman was considered a "White Hispanic" . . .   :facepalm:
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

DittoHead

• friend
  • Writing for the Bulwark since August 2019
« Reply #45 on: July 18, 2019, 08:06:48 AM »
All he has to do is say he mistyped "countries" (in the first sentence) when he meant to say "counties".
That would be considered backing down, can't do that.
He wouldn't even admit Covfefe was a typo and move on.
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #46 on: July 18, 2019, 08:40:31 AM »
I think it's a bit of spin to say he meant counties. Again, though I don't like the way the tweet in the OP was presented, and am still a staunch believer in a dignified presidency, I was wrong again on how that tweet progressed.

Between Pressley just coming out and saying the racist remarks about (paraphrasing) "people of the same color, other than white, all need to think the same and act the same", and Omar double dog doubling down on her hate and anti-semitism, they completely fell into essentially a trap that in the end is just making Trump look like the curmudgeonly Uncle that spouts off at Thanksgiving dinner, while they look like racists, bigots, commies, and traitors. He said something crass that brought out the hate in the squad, that is now eclipsing what he said.

Again, while I don't like the tone of his OP tweet (If he had just said, "If you hate America, move somewhere else" I would have been fine with it), that doesn't mean I don't like him saying things straight.  I have no problems with the other tweet I posted as "much better". Unapologetically calling out that crap is better than dancing around it and letting them get away with it as "victims".

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #47 on: July 18, 2019, 08:57:29 AM »
That would be considered backing down, can't do that.
He wouldn't even admit Covfefe was a typo and move on.

He meant exactly what he said. He blatantly called their Americanness into question, regardless of their actual citizenship status.

The four women are communists, so personally I’m OK with Trump saying what he said. It’s rude, crude and socially unacceptable but questioning communists loyalties is OK 👌 with me.

At this point the best we can do is be thankful for what good things Trump is doing and just let the rest roll of our shoulders.

Truthful, honest, “good”  people usually don’t get elected. They are a small minority of our politicians.

Trumps making the right enemies and trying to represent the right allies domestically so for that I’m thankful, even though I’m continually amazed and baffled by the things he tweets.

There is a method to his madness and it works.

Am I uncomfortable with “ the end justifies the means” tactics? You betcha.

I’m also uncomfortable losing to the Democrats and having them finish their project to fubar America permanently.

When all is said and done he may end up as the most conservative President in our lifetimes.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #48 on: July 18, 2019, 09:16:57 AM »

Maybe it's the Rachel Dolezal / Elizabeth Warren racial identity of convenience effect . . . 
Trump is referred to as Orange Man sometimes.  No one ever calls him a person of color.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #49 on: July 18, 2019, 09:20:14 AM »
Trump is referred to as Orange Man sometimes.  No one ever calls him a person of color.

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes