Author Topic: Dayton Ohio now  (Read 8709 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: Dayton Ohio now
« Reply #75 on: August 08, 2019, 03:47:32 PM »
I don't know if any of you are in Kentucky and can vote for this guy.
https://twitter.com/RepThomasMassie/status/1159251658230128640?s=09

4th District, I'm in the 3rd which happens to be Yarmuth's   [barf]
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #76 on: August 12, 2019, 10:03:19 AM »
NPR has an article on the shooter's gun. This is the first MSM article I've seen (still with an anti-gun slant of course) that digs into the AR rifle/pistol differences, including brace vs stock.

https://www.npr.org/2019/08/08/748665339/the-pistol-that-looks-like-a-rifle-the-dayton-shooters-gun
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #77 on: August 12, 2019, 10:09:10 AM »
Anyone seen pictures of the supposed  "bullet proof" vest?
I suspect from past experience it was just mag vest or something similar. 
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #78 on: August 12, 2019, 10:21:27 AM »
Anyone seen pictures of the supposed  "bullet proof" vest?
I suspect from past experience it was just mag vest or something similar. 

Doesn't matter. If it looks like the shoulder thing that goes up, then it must be the shoulder thing that goes up.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #79 on: August 12, 2019, 11:19:20 AM »
https://www.google.com/amp/s/thehill.com/homenews/senate/457039-schumer-proposes-bill-to-regulate-body-armor%3famp

Meanwhile, Chuck Schumer wants people to get permission from the FBI before they can buy bullet proof stuff...
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #80 on: August 12, 2019, 11:31:38 AM »
https://www.google.com/amp/s/thehill.com/homenews/senate/457039-schumer-proposes-bill-to-regulate-body-armor%3famp

Meanwhile, Chuck Schumer wants people to get permission from the FBI before they can buy bullet proof stuff...

I'm curious what the people who buy that bullet resistant stuff (jackets, backpacks, etc.) for their kids to take to school think of that?

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #81 on: August 12, 2019, 01:33:38 PM »

Anything is bullet proof if it is thick enough.  If this passed I bet there would be a market for non-NIJ rated kevlar panels with alternate marketing.  Like "motorcycle chest protector" or something.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #82 on: August 12, 2019, 01:37:26 PM »

Can't we just outlaw self defense of any kind? Do I need FBI permission to duck behind a car?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #83 on: August 12, 2019, 01:38:37 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7jiIQOgwtI

They might outlaw that hat too.
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #84 on: August 12, 2019, 02:07:18 PM »
We're really going to try and regulate steel plate and truck bed liner?

Good luck.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #85 on: August 12, 2019, 02:56:50 PM »
Can't we just outlaw self defense of any kind? Do I need FBI permission to duck behind a car?
Stand and take it like a .......slave!
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

DittoHead

• friend
  • Writing for the Bulwark since August 2019
« Reply #86 on: August 12, 2019, 03:10:01 PM »
Federal authorities have arrested a man who acknowledged purchasing body armor, AR-15 parts and a 100-round double drum magazine for the Dayton shooter
The complaint says Kollie was interviewed at his house by the FBI and agents from the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives in the shooting’s aftermath.

“While inside, the agents smelled marijuana and observed, in plain sight, paraphernalia consistent with smoking marijuana, including what appeared to be a ‘bong,’” the agent said in the complaint. Agents also observed a pistol, the complaint says.

What an idiot.
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #87 on: August 12, 2019, 04:23:04 PM »
What an idiot.

Hidden deep in the article is the truth: he wasn't arrested for buying body armor, or for buying ammunition, or for buying the drum magazine. It wasn't illegal for him to have purchesed any of those things, even if he purchased them for a friend. He was arrested because he had a gun and he uses illegal substances.

Glassman said Kollie was charged with possession of a firearm by an unlawful user of any controlled substance and making false statements or representations. He faces up to 15 years in prison, Glassman said.

Glassman added there’s no indication Kollie knew he was assisting Betts in the Oregon District shooting.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

DittoHead

• friend
  • Writing for the Bulwark since August 2019
« Reply #88 on: August 12, 2019, 04:28:00 PM »
He was arrested because he had a gun and he uses illegal substances.

Yes, that's why I quoted the part I did. He had his bong & mini draco sitting out when the FBI interviewed him.  :facepalm:
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #89 on: August 16, 2019, 07:39:23 AM »
Key points
He had cocaine, alcohol, and anti-depressants in his system.
Hit 24 times, tried to get up twice.
Had a pipe bomb in his bag
Two people hit by police, one of whom died.

Dayton Shooter Had Drugs, Alcohol in His System, Hit by ‘At Least’ 24 Rounds Fired By Police
https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/dayton-shooter-had-drugs-alcohol-in-his-system-hit-by-at-least-24-rounds-fired-by-police/

Edit: Connected two ideas in my mind while typing. Deleted that part.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2019, 09:24:42 AM by WLJ »
- Calvin and Hobbes

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #90 on: August 16, 2019, 08:50:05 AM »
Key points

Have there been any mass shooters in recent times that DIDN'T have a history of being prescribed psychotropic drugs?
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #91 on: August 16, 2019, 08:59:34 AM »
Was the Las Vegas shooter on psychotropics?
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #92 on: August 16, 2019, 09:03:16 AM »
Forgot one and the one that makes me speculate more than the others.
It’s not known whether Betts targeted his 22-year-old sister, Megan. They had spent an hour together at a bar in the same area before the shooting.

A few posts back after learning his sister was one of the victims I wondered if this was an Honor Killing gone nuclear.
Or another more likely possibility
Maybe she knew what was going on and maybe she was trying to talk him out of it.

- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #93 on: August 16, 2019, 09:04:10 AM »
Was the Las Vegas shooter on psychotropics?
All I recall is he did have health issues and was taking something, but I don't remember the details. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #94 on: August 16, 2019, 09:04:47 AM »
Key points
Hit 24 times, tried to get up twice, and that he fired the final "lethal" shot
Had a pipe bomb in his bag
Two people hit by police, one of whom died.

Dayton Shooter Had Drugs, Alcohol in His System, Hit by ‘At Least’ 24 Rounds Fired By Police
https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/dayton-shooter-had-drugs-alcohol-in-his-system-hit-by-at-least-24-rounds-fired-by-police/
After seeing the video of the cops shooting back at the guy, I was wondering if this had happened.

The coroner said police gunfire hit two people. One of them died, but Harshbarger said the gunman, not police, fired the lethal round.
I guess that means one of the people who died was hit by both the murderer and police?

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #95 on: August 16, 2019, 09:20:32 AM »
I guess that means one of the people who died was hit by both the murderer and police?
That's a bad day.

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #96 on: August 16, 2019, 12:50:43 PM »
Inside sources say that the autopsy showed the police hits on bystanders were peripheral hits, not likely to have caused the death.
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #97 on: August 16, 2019, 01:00:24 PM »
Inside sources say that the autopsy showed the police hits on bystanders were peripheral hits, not likely to have caused the death.
If those bystanders weren't hit fatally they lived, so how could there be autopsy reports on them?  Autopsies are performed on corpses.
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #98 on: August 16, 2019, 01:12:21 PM »
If those bystanders weren't hit fatally they lived, so how could there be autopsy reports on them?  Autopsies are performed on corpses.
Cops hit them non-fatally.
Bad guy hit them fatally.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #99 on: August 16, 2019, 01:13:00 PM »
The quote I posted said the one person was hit fatally by the murderer, but also hit by police.  I guess you need to see the details to judge that one.