Author Topic: Dayton Ohio now  (Read 8710 times)

MechAg94

• friend
Re: Dayton Ohio now
« Reply #100 on: August 16, 2019, 02:54:45 PM »
https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/dayton-shooter-had-drugs-alcohol-in-his-system-hit-by-at-least-24-rounds-fired-by-police/
Dayton Shooter Had Drugs, Alcohol in His System, Hit by ‘At Least’ 24 Rounds Fired By Police

If police needed 24 rounds to stop this guy, I don't think limiting me to 10 rounds in a magazine is a good idea. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #101 on: August 16, 2019, 03:37:41 PM »

If police needed 24 rounds to stop this guy, I don't think limiting me to 10 rounds in a magazine is a good idea. 

I recall seeing somewhere else a comment similar to that: "If professional police need that many rounds to stop one guy, shouldn't my wife have access to 30 round magazines?"
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #102 on: August 16, 2019, 07:07:06 PM »
I recall seeing somewhere else a comment similar to that: "If professional police need that many rounds to stop one guy, shouldn't my wife have access to 30 round magazines?"
Pretty sure that was the Kentucky Representative mentioned earlier in this thread.

I don't know if any of you are in Kentucky and can vote for this guy.
https://twitter.com/RepThomasMassie/status/1159251658230128640?s=09
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #103 on: August 16, 2019, 07:08:16 PM »
Pretty sure that was the Kentucky Representative mentioned earlier in this thread.

That's the one. :)
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #104 on: August 28, 2019, 10:18:50 AM »
https://www.advocate.com/news/2019/8/07/report-sibling-killed-dayton-shooting-was-trans-man-jordan-cofer
Report: Sibling Killed in Dayton Shooting Was Trans Man Jordan Cofer

Not sure if this any bearing on the shooter or not.  Just new information I heard this morning.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #105 on: August 28, 2019, 10:42:20 AM »
https://www.advocate.com/news/2019/8/07/report-sibling-killed-dayton-shooting-was-trans-man-jordan-cofer

Not sure if this any bearing on the shooter or not.  Just new information I heard this morning.

History of mental illness in the family has bearing.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #106 on: August 28, 2019, 02:00:46 PM »

Terrible reporting.

Splinter writer Katelyn Burns concluded that Cofer was likely not targeted for his gender identity because he was not out to many, including his family. But Cofer, 22, used male pronouns and identified as trans, according to friends of his who spoke to Burns.

Does this mean that she/he had, or had not, "come out" to her/his family?

Leading to:

Gillian Branstetter, media relations manager for the National Center for Transgender Equality, said it was important for journalists and police to speak to murder victims' friends and family members so the deceased are identified properly and not misgendered or dead-named.

And if the deceased had not "come out" to his/her/its family and the family provide the journalist(s) with the deceased's birth name and gender ... then what? At the church my late wife and I attended, there was a rather large person who attended church as a woman. I was informed by someone who had been in the church longer than we had that this person was a male, and Monday through Friday went to work as a male, wearing male clothing and answering to a male name. When that person dies, how should he/she be identified? If the male name is used, professional colleagues will recognize him but many members of the church may not. If the female name is used, members of the church will recognize "her" but colleagues will not.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #107 on: August 28, 2019, 02:51:15 PM »
At the church my late wife and I attended, there was a rather large person who attended church as a woman. I was informed by someone who had been in the church longer than we had that this person was a male, and Monday through Friday went to work as a male, wearing male clothing and answering to a male name. When that person dies, how should he/she be identified? If the male name is used, professional colleagues will recognize him but many members of the church may not. If the female name is used, members of the church will recognize "her" but colleagues will not.

OBIT:

Jack/Jill Smith

A rather portly man during the week who indulged his desires to be something different on the weekends when he became Jill, a rather homely woman........

;)

bob

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #108 on: August 28, 2019, 03:23:37 PM »
OBIT:

Jack/Jill Smith

A rather portly man during the week who indulged his desires to be something different on the weekends when he became Jill, a rather homely woman........

;)

bob

You, Sir, are an evil man.

I approve wholeheartedly.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

230RN

• It's like swimming to shore in an ebb tide.
  • friend
  • Pushing back. Help me out, here...
« Reply #109 on: August 28, 2019, 05:14:15 PM »

« Last Edit: August 28, 2019, 08:03:47 PM by 230RN »