Author Topic: Thin-skinned politician  (Read 734 times)

Hawkmoon

• friend
Thin-skinned politician
« on: August 21, 2019, 01:40:41 PM »
https://apnews.com/20df23e0747f457d9ae5b6cda78df32c

Politician allegedly made promises he couldn't (or didn't) deliver on. When a newspaper began to look into it ... he had the county sheriff investigate the journalists. Ultimately, the sheriff determined that no laws were broken. I liked this line from the politician:

“Over the last six months, me and my staff have been subjected to endless phone calls, hostile emails at all hours of the day and unwelcome office visits,” Smith asserted.

E-mails "at all hours of the day"? Really? I find that puzzling. I have friends in Europe, a 7-hour time difference from where I am. They often send e-mails during times when I'm sleeping. Curiously, these e-mails don't disturb me at all. They just sit there in my computer's inbox until I decide to open my e-mail program and check to see what's in the inbox. I rarely check to see what time any e-mail was sent.

Mr. Smith seems to fit a line that I think was from Shakespeare: "Methinks he doth protest too much."
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: Thin-skinned politician
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2019, 02:18:16 PM »
Ha ha. That's the county next door to me.  I got my non-resident CCW from the Sheriff there.

The story has been in the news here for the last couple of days. In addition, the county also seems to have some issues with pot stuff in Ontario.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2019, 06:50:10 PM »
I wonder what the ratio of thin-skinned to thick-skinned politicians is.
Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2019, 07:36:15 PM »
I have a thread in RT about a power outage today at Home Depot, which is pretty much across the street from the car wash in Hawkmoon's OP. Gotta wonder if the local politician ordered the power shut off to the area to get even with the car wash for complaining.  :laugh:
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2019, 06:50:10 PM »
I have a thread in RT about a power outage today at Home Depot, which is pretty much across the street from the car wash in Hawkmoon's OP. Gotta wonder if the local politician ordered the power shut off to the area to get even with the car wash for complaining.  :laugh:

Nowadays I'll believe anything nefarious that a politician might do.  This is in keeping with my long-standing opinion that generally, anyone who wants to go into politics shouldn't be allowed to.