Author Topic: Another Icon dead RIP Peter Fonda  (Read 894 times)

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
Another Icon dead RIP Peter Fonda
« on: August 16, 2019, 09:45:28 PM »
As I get older nearly everyone that was an icon in my youth has made the celestial transfer. I remember coming out of the theater after seeing Easy Rider as an impressionable 16, nearly 17 year old vowing that some day I would ride cross country on a motorcycle. Well, that I did, 4 times as of last count. Now I will have to do a Peter Fonda Memorial ride.

RIP Peter Fonda, you weren't all that famous but you will live on forever with many people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFqb1I-hiHE

bob

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
Re: Another Icon dead RIP Peter Fonda
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2019, 12:39:26 AM »
If you're going to talk about Easy Rider, you have to include this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1cDECkN2xg
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2019, 03:02:32 AM »
I always think of this one
https://youtu.be/z4qkGf3q7gA
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2019, 03:03:28 AM »
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2019, 03:06:34 AM »
THIS one is more in keeping with the plot of the movie AFTER Born to be wild
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxZsyLnTbq4
MOLON LABE!

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2019, 03:09:27 AM »
Sorry, I have the soundtrack on the original vinyl..
https://youtu.be/7QPBMyP8uFo
MOLON LABE!

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2019, 03:00:52 AM »
Really liked Easy Rider, except for the ending where it all of a sudden turned into that... what seemed to be a 70's movie style of turning weird.
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

230RN

• It's like swimming to shore in an ebb tide.
  • friend
  • Pushing back. Help me out, here...
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2019, 07:13:50 AM »
Most of these "icons" would deserve more of my respect if they would learn to keep their damfool mouths shut.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Fonda#Twitter_controversy

Backlash to Fonda's tweets resulted in a call for a boycott of his newest film at the time, Boundaries, and other Sony projects.[43][44] Sony Pictures released Boundaries as planned on June 22, 2018,[45] but released a statement stating that Fonda's comments "are abhorrent, reckless and dangerous, and we condemn them completely."[46]

I know it's poor taste to comment negatively on the passing of another, but I felt it necessary to point this out.

I'm sure he was a veritable Saint in all other respects. [eyeroll]

Terry
« Last Edit: August 18, 2019, 07:29:15 AM by 230RN »

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2019, 07:59:09 PM »
Most of these "icons" would deserve more of my respect if they would learn to keep their damfool mouths shut.

I know it's poor taste to comment negatively on the passing of another, but I felt it necessary to point this out.

Terry

I've never held with the dead being above reproach, myself.  Can't say this one is much of a surprise given his sibling.

That apple fell from the tree and rolled a way...
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2019, 09:35:15 PM »
As a reminder, again, the dead are not above reproach... except in RIP threads. Members here generally start those threads when someone they thought well of in some way passed on. We don't do grave spitting in these threads. We either say something nice, or nothing at all.

If you have a problem with the philosophy of someone who has died, whether Hitler, Mao, Che, theater talkers, or some celebrity, you can always start a polite topic on why you disagree with them. Though probably not just hours after they have died.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2019, 07:19:06 AM »
Grave dancing is a quick way to get a time out.
If you don't have anything good to say...post in one of Fistful's threads.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2019, 07:54:07 AM »

Terry

I remember the above just didn't remember it was PF
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2019, 09:34:52 AM »
I don't have an issue with bringing up bad/distasteful facts about someone who died.  I just prefer to see it done without too much negative commentary.  No need to act like someone was perfect.  Some people are foolish enough to think it is true.  

On Peter Fonda, I was reminded of those twitter comments over the weekend.  I am indifferent on the guy otherwise.  He didn't play any roles I really cared about. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

230RN

• It's like swimming to shore in an ebb tide.
  • friend
  • Pushing back. Help me out, here...
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2019, 11:49:29 AM »
The whole "old-world courtesy" conservative bloc has been much too polite in the past ten-fifteen years.  Remember Kathy Griffin's severed head?

Those comments were lifted directly from a current Wiki article, and outline some of the most despicable comments ever made by a prominent person... so don't talk to me about "polite."  Read the entire sub-article:

"We should rip Barron Trump from the arms of First Lady Melania Trump and put him in a cage with pedophiles."[37]

I don't know if Wiki has sanitized it yet, but I captured the full text of it if they have.

As I mentioned, even his movie distributor condemned him in the strongest terms.

This should become widely known, in my opinion, forthcoming ooey-gooey touchy feely elegiacal pronouncements by his "peers" notwithstanding.

"Polite."  Feh.

Terry, 230RN

(Edited to capture text.)
« Last Edit: August 19, 2019, 12:11:48 PM by 230RN »

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2019, 12:31:53 PM »
Locked.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."