Author Topic: Hong Kong Protests and the American Flag  (Read 3398 times)

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
Re: Hong Kong Protests and the American Flag
« Reply #25 on: November 20, 2019, 11:07:05 AM »
Some of these protesters are using bows and arrows.

Wonder why they would use such primitive weapons?/s

They couldn't get Winchesters? [tinfoil] [popcorn]
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

DittoHead

• friend
  • Writing for the Bulwark since August 2019
« Reply #26 on: November 22, 2019, 11:38:33 AM »
A statement from the president today:
“We have to stand with Hong Kong, but I’m also standing with President Xi [Jinping], he’s a friend of mine. He’s an incredible guy, but we have to stand … I’d like to see them work it out, okay?” the president said. “I stand with freedom, I stand with all of the things that I want to do, but we are also in the process of making one of the largest trade deals in history. And if we could do that, it would be great.”

I guess he's trying to walk a fine line.
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

fifth_column

• friend
« Reply #27 on: November 22, 2019, 11:56:10 AM »
A statement from the president today:
I guess he's trying to walk a fine line.

Yeah.  The line between being seen as caring about individual liberty or being seen as just another plutocrat.
Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will... The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress. ― Frederick Douglass

No American citizen should be willing to accept a government that uses its power against its own people.  -  Catherine Engelbrecht

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #28 on: November 22, 2019, 12:23:10 PM »
So .... stand up for liberty and potentially TKO a new trade agreement (while everyone is complaining the tariffs and the trade war are killing the economy)  or try to get a new trade deal done first, then deal with Hong Kong?   
Does "standing up for liberty"  really do anything constructive to persuade a country that's okay with driving military tanks over students?   
What's the "battle plan?"  ??? =|
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #29 on: November 22, 2019, 05:45:02 PM »
Yeah.  The line between being seen as caring about individual liberty or being seen as just another plutocrat.

He can "be seen as caring about individual liberty"  all he wants,  as long as it doesn't get us into a shooting war with the chicoms.

Sucks to be Hong Kong,  but that tar baby isn't our problem.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #30 on: November 22, 2019, 05:48:06 PM »
Crazy spitballing thought,  but if I were in charge of Hong Kong,  I'd go nuke shopping.  Get your hands on one, as long as it's not obviously sourced from the US,  and play Sheriff Bart to China's angry mob..
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #31 on: November 22, 2019, 06:33:05 PM »
Crazy spitballing thought,  but if I were in charge of Hong Kong,  I'd go nuke shopping.  Get your hands on one, as long as it's not obviously sourced from the US,  and play Sheriff Bart to China's angry mob..

"Isn't anybody gonna help that poor man?"
"It's good, though..."

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #32 on: December 03, 2019, 11:02:47 PM »

"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

Pb

• friend
« Reply #33 on: December 09, 2019, 09:39:41 AM »
What in the world can we do about Hong Kong?

China has nuclear weapons that they can drop anywhere in the USA.

Hong Kong is apparently part of China.

Are we going to start a war with China to save them from their own evil government?

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #34 on: December 09, 2019, 10:58:44 AM »
Are we going to start a war with China to save them from their own evil government?

[Looks at US History]

Dude, STFU!  Don't give the government ideas.