Author Topic: Democratic Presidential Candidates - Tote Board  (Read 27611 times)

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
Re: Democratic Presidential Candidates - Tote Board
« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2020, 08:45:52 PM »
TOGA TOGA TOGA TOGA

Please explain.

It was the Delta's party time chant on Animal House.
Or maybe it's just Mike being weird.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2020, 11:13:43 AM »
I just heard Spartacus suspended his campaign.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2020, 11:22:14 AM »
Cory Booker has suspended his race.. for president. Not his, you know, ethnicity...

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/01/13/democrat-cory-booker-drops-out-of-2020-presidential-race.html
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2020, 11:26:07 AM »
I just heard Spartacus suspended his campaign.

"It was the Delta's party time chant on Animal House.
Or maybe it's just Mike being weird."

The Toga Toga Toga comes from an PM exchange I had with adively in which I compared the crop of front runners to Rome of old.

If you give people bread (in the case of the Dems, free *expletive deleted*it... I'm going to give every American $10 trillon a month, a home, a corporate title, and a puppy!) and circuses (ORANGE MAN BAD! BAD ORANGE MAN! ORANGE MAN DANGEROUS! WE IMPEACH ORANGE MAN!) they'll love you and not bother to worry about the real problems they're facing.

Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #29 on: January 13, 2020, 11:30:46 AM »
So it appears at this point, other than mayor Pete who is also white, all the other finalists will end up being wealthy, old, white, and in the 0.10%

The diverse democrats!

Also I just saw that Bloomberg plans to spend $1 billion on his campaign. How many poor Americans that he uses as his poster children could he help by not running for president and using that money towards them?

They all bash Bill Gates, but at least he's a liberal who puts his money where his mouth is. He's, with zero presidential aspirations, done more for the world than any of these jokers.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #30 on: January 13, 2020, 11:37:26 AM »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #31 on: January 13, 2020, 12:58:35 PM »
"How many poor Americans that he uses as his poster children could he help by not running for president and using that money towards them?"

He's going to help them by taking all of the guns out of the hands of law-abiding gun owners! Gun violence problem solved! Utopia achieved!

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #32 on: January 13, 2020, 01:15:21 PM »
Toga board has be updated.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
« Reply #33 on: January 13, 2020, 02:20:22 PM »
You have Steve Bullock listed as running and dropped out.
Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.

TechMan

• Administrator
« Reply #34 on: January 14, 2020, 06:27:31 AM »
You have Steve Bullock listed as running and dropped out.

Fixed...thank you.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #35 on: January 14, 2020, 07:26:44 AM »
See what happens when you try to mix the business of updating the toga board with the pleasure of a Roman orgy?

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #36 on: January 14, 2020, 08:48:57 AM »
See what happens when you try to mix the business of updating the toga board with the pleasure of a Roman orgy?

Caligula happens
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #37 on: January 14, 2020, 10:02:26 AM »
I hadn't been paying attention to it, but apparently because of a brouhaha between Warren and Bernie regarding women running for president, a ton of people are demanding refunds of the donations they made to Warren.  :rofl:

https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2020/01/14/ya-dont-say-lefties-whove-ignored-elizabeth-warrens-lies-for-years-suddenly-figure-out-shes-a-liar-refundwarren-trends/

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #38 on: January 14, 2020, 12:53:19 PM »
I think the ticket is going to be Klobachar and Buttigieg. Just from how each camp is campaigning in Iowa.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #39 on: January 16, 2020, 10:22:40 AM »
I think Gabbard was their best shot to actually win.  She's enough "not crazy" to not scare away the silent middle folks, and she tends to look and speak well at rallies and debates.  I think Trump would do poorly against her in his standard verbal attacks. 

She's not ideologically pure enough to win the primary's., but the hard Dems are going to vote for whomever the party throws out there.  They should have told the loud primary voters off, and nominated someone that could give Trump a decent run.  As it is, they will go screechy left, Trump will do Trump, the partisans will retreat to their corners and the folks in the middle will flip a coin. 

You'd think the DNC would have learned from the 2016 Primary that their instincts aren't great.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #40 on: January 16, 2020, 06:07:55 PM »
I think Gabbard was their best shot to actually win.  She's enough "not crazy" to not scare away the silent middle folks, and she tends to look and speak well at rallies and debates.  I think Trump would do poorly against her in his standard verbal attacks. 

She's not ideologically pure enough to win the primary's., but the hard Dems are going to vote for whomever the party throws out there.  They should have told the loud primary voters off, and nominated someone that could give Trump a decent run.  As it is, they will go screechy left, Trump will do Trump, the partisans will retreat to their corners and the folks in the middle will flip a coin. 

You'd think the DNC would have learned from the 2016 Primary that their instincts aren't great.

I felt the same way about Tulsi, but the progressives did their best to keep her quiet.

This is the last weekend for the sitting Senator presidential hopefuls to campaign for a while, going to be an interesting 3 days here in Iowa.

Bernie, Warren and Klobuchar are going to be stuck in DC for a while with the impeachment trial.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #41 on: January 16, 2020, 06:57:30 PM »
I felt the same way about Tulsi, but the progressives did their best to keep her quiet put the kibosh on her campaign with the same crap tactics they use against Republican opponents.

FTFY.

just Warren

• friend
« Reply #42 on: January 31, 2020, 02:11:46 PM »
John Delaney is out.

Trigger warning: Vox link.

Was first in and is now gone.

Is it just me or does he look like a caricature of a politician?

Like if some TV crime procedural needed a stereotypical looking person for the role of a politician who turns out the be the murderer they find a guy who looks like Delaney.

TechMan

• Administrator
« Reply #43 on: January 31, 2020, 02:57:38 PM »
John Delaney is out.

Trigger warning: Vox link.

Was first in and is now gone.

Is it just me or does he look like a caricature of a politician?

Like if some TV crime procedural needed a stereotypical looking person for the role of a politician who turns out the be the murderer they find a guy who looks like Delaney.

Updated, thank you.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #44 on: February 09, 2020, 05:34:05 PM »
How long can Joe hang in there? He's just a goldmine of opposition material.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?fbclid=IwAR2ZlFxJj8jFaeKjtWwalA-TRNetxR8aVbA2i23N_UJqSDeSeJWnP_XLGq4&v=eW0aI00aSqE
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #45 on: February 10, 2020, 07:39:27 AM »
Aw, I missed the fact that Delaney dropped out...

I guess he didn't TOGA! enough to reach the masses.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #46 on: February 11, 2020, 08:15:28 PM »
Just announced.

Yang is out!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #47 on: February 11, 2020, 08:44:22 PM »
Just announced.

Yang is out!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

He did the MATH.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

just Warren

• friend
« Reply #48 on: February 11, 2020, 10:22:51 PM »
Yang's the guy that wanted to give everyone a UTI, right?

TechMan

• Administrator
« Reply #49 on: February 12, 2020, 10:35:44 AM »
Updated to add Yang to the drop outs.  Did some research and found when some insignificant candidates dropped out, so the tote board is back to being current.