Author Topic: Spaghetti squash  (Read 3113 times)

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Spaghetti squash
« on: September 15, 2019, 08:18:27 AM »
I got a spaghetti squash as part of my Imperfect Produce box. I remember my Mom making it once when I was a kid, and vaguely remember liking it, but other than that no real experience.

So, off to the internets to figure out what to do.

Easy enough. Split it in half (kind of tough, as they are thick skinned and tough fleshed), scoop out the seeds and coat with olive oil, salt, and pepper. IOW, squash 101.

Then face down on a baking sheet in a 400 deg. oven until the squash is nice and soft. In my case, I think it took about an hour, but it was a little underdone.

While that was happening I put together a nice homemade marinara sauce, served that over the squash with some pan fried ground turkey and a liberal sprinkling of parm cheese.

All in all a pretty damned good meal, and 1/5th the calories of a serving of pasta.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Andiron

• friend
Re: Spaghetti squash
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2019, 09:23:26 PM »
Spaghetti squash is fantastic.

Wife brought a very similar recipe to the marriage and up til that point I'd never even heard of the stuff.  One of our staples in late summer/fall.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.