Author Topic: San Francisco Labels NRA a Terrorist Organization  (Read 2819 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
San Francisco Labels NRA a Terrorist Organization
« on: September 04, 2019, 02:25:19 PM »
The city of San Fran has labeled the NRA a "domestic terrorist organization" and is apparently looking at penalizing anyone who does business with the city and is associated with the NRA in any way.

It'll be interesting to see if anyone who does business with the city and is also, say, simply an NRA member will sue the city if the don't consider them for bids, etc. Seems like freedom of association comes into play here.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/san-francisco-board-brands-nra-a-domestic-terrorist-organization
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

T.O.M.

• friend
Re: San Francisco Labels NRA a Terrorist Organization
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2019, 05:48:21 PM »
I'd be interested to see if they immediately report all known members under the red flag laws (I assume they already have such laws.)

Oh and Ben, it's a clear 1A violation, but it's a gun related issue in California, so probably a loser suit.
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

Hawkmoon

• friend
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2019, 06:03:41 PM »
Can we get SF labelled a terrorist organization?
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2019, 08:16:03 AM »
Can we get SF labelled a terrorist organization?

Easier to get them labeled a *expletive deleted*it Hole 3rd World City...oh wait they are almost there already.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2019, 08:54:40 AM »
I'd be interested to see if they immediately report all known members under the red flag laws (I assume they already have such laws.)

Oh and Ben, it's a clear 1A violation, but it's a gun related issue in California, so probably a loser suit.
That would suck, but it would result in numerous state and federal lawsuits.  Not to mention it would be a big glaring example of why national red flag laws are a bad idea.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Pb

• friend
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2019, 12:10:06 PM »
SF has officially labeled me a terrorist.

=D

HankB

• friend
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2019, 12:18:50 PM »
SF has officially labeled me a terrorist.

=D
Me too! Me too!

(Does that mean they'll pay me a monthly stipend?)
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2019, 01:16:23 PM »
Half jokingly, I gotta wonder if Wayne was behind this to take the heat off himself.  :laugh:
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2019, 01:53:48 PM »
That would suck, but it would result in numerous state and federal lawsuits.  Not to mention it would be a big glaring example of why national red flag laws are a bad idea.

Thank you, San Francisco.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Pb

• friend
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2019, 03:03:21 PM »
Half jokingly, I gotta wonder if Wayne was behind this to take the heat off himself.  :laugh:

:lol:

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2019, 09:14:37 PM »

Well, he's a democrat with a symbiotic relationship with other democrats, so...

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2019, 09:29:28 PM »
I don't think they'd like NRA members actually acting like... er.. Terrorists.

Words mean things,  you *expletive deleted*ing window lickers.  One of these days that might be made painfully obvious.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2019, 04:45:57 AM »
... and the "terrorists" strike back:

https://www.usnews.com/news/us/articles/2019-09-09/nra-sues-san-francisco-over-terrorist-declaration

I'm glad the NRA is suing the city, but I think the NRA should add libel to the complaint.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2019, 01:48:40 PM »
I'm glad the NRA is suing the city, but I think the NRA should add libel to the complaint.

It's a nice symbolic act to make N. R. A. supporters happy, but it will fail.  Sovereign Immunity. 

Oh...and California.
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2019, 02:33:05 PM »
Be nice to see municipalities or States declare government employees of California as terrorists. 

Then act on it.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2019, 03:50:44 PM »
I have heard it mentioned that this is just another attempt to define gun owners in terms that justify their hate and violence. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2019, 05:11:15 PM »
Lets play a game. How about we compare the list of terrorist acts committed by NRA members to the list of terrorist acts committed by democrats
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Doggy Daddy

• Poobah
  • friend
  • From the saner side of Las Vegas
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2019, 08:24:57 PM »
Lets play a game. How about we compare the list of terrorist acts committed by NRA members to the list of terrorist acts committed by democrats

From what I've been told, that would be racist.
Would you exchange
a walk-on part in a war
for a lead role in a cage?
-P.F.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2019, 08:41:54 PM »

Sounds like profiling and we all know that profiling is RASCIST!!1!!
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2019, 09:52:17 PM »
Sounds like profiling and we all know that profiling is RASCIST!!1!!

Shiny, let's go be racists.

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2019, 10:17:10 PM »
It's a nice symbolic act to make N. R. A. supporters happy, but it will fail.  Sovereign Immunity. 

Oh...and California.

How about a Bill of Attainder? (Article 1 Section 9)  There's no sovereign immunity for that.  But I dunno if a proclamation qualifies.
"It's good, though..."

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2019, 12:00:32 AM »
How about a Bill of Attainder? (Article 1 Section 9)  There's no sovereign immunity for that.  But I dunno if a proclamation qualifies.

Since I posted that,  I've read that the suit was brought under a different theory than what I first thought,   so maybe it does have a possibility.
Trouble is,  right now I cannot recall the specifics.

But, I am now of a different opinion.  I don't know if San Francisco has a "leg to stand on" in the suit or not.  I guess the NRA might actually have a chance.
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2019, 07:16:27 PM »
I blame Tide pods
Or the education system and media in our country, same thing.

From Rasmussen Reports:

The latest Rasmussen Reports national telephone and online survey finds that nearly one-out-of-three Likely Democratic Voters (32%) favor declaring the gun rights group a terrorist organization in the community where they live. Fourteen percent (14%) of Republicans and 20% of voters not affiliated with either major party agree. (To see survey question wording, click here.)

Twenty-eight percent (28%) of Democrats say Americans should be prohibited by law from belonging to pro-gun rights organizations like the NRA, a view shared by 15% of Republicans and 10% of uanffiliateds.

Among all likely voters, 23% favor declaring the NRA a terrorist organization in their home community, while 18% think it should be against the law to belong to pro-gun rights groups like the NRA.

32% of Dems Support ‘Terrorist’ Label for NRA, 28% Believe in Criminalizing Membership
https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/32-of-dems-agree-with-terrorist-organization-label-for-nra-28-believe-in-criminalizing-membership/
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes