Author Topic: On Who could of seen this coming? New York building laws.  (Read 1065 times)

freakazoid

• friend
On Who could of seen this coming? New York building laws.
« on: September 09, 2019, 08:05:46 PM »
http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/realestate/the-law-was-aimed-at-deadly-machinery-it-hit-her-washer/ar-AAH1l3X?ocid=ientp

People have been getting fined, usually for something dumb and supposedly only originally meant to target big companies, then in the process of trying to get it fixed and go through the hearing process more fines get added on for "failure to comply".

And apparently they are having a problem keeping lawyers so there is a shortage which means even more backlogs of people trying to work their way through the system.
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
Re: On Who could of seen this coming? New York building laws.
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2019, 08:40:17 PM »
I can't tell you what I would do but if that carp left ME homeless from unreasonable fines and fees, but there would be certain others left homeless as well. :old:
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2019, 09:19:08 PM »
"I'm from the government. I'm here to help."

Yeah, right ...
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2019, 09:23:32 PM »
More Gestapo tactics at the direction of Hizzoner Mayor Bill de Blasio and his administration.  An appropriate fix for this would involve tar, feathers and a rail.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2019, 11:34:09 PM »
And now you see why the NYC government is all about gun control.

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2019, 05:32:06 AM »
The fine citizens of NYC got the government they asked for.  I have shed one tear of grief for them.  My mourning is complete.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

HankB

• friend
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2019, 01:01:00 PM »
From the link in the OP . . . a washer and dryer in the basement are ILLEGAL?  :facepalm:

I could say something trite involving killdozers or such, but I find myself agreeing with Fly320s sentiments.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2019, 01:14:35 PM »
From the link in the OP . . . a washer and dryer in the basement are ILLEGAL?  :facepalm:

I could say something trite involving killdozers or such, but I find myself agreeing with Fly320s sentiments.

Illegal if the right palms aren't kept greased
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes