Author Topic: Bolton is out.  (Read 1401 times)

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
Bolton is out.
« on: September 10, 2019, 11:13:43 PM »
John Bolton has been fired, or he resigned, today.  He said/she said kind of deal.  Either way, he didn't last very long.  Too bad, I liked him and thought he was level-headed.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
Re: Bolton is out.
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2019, 11:42:36 PM »
Good riddance, if Bolton had his way, we'd be fighting WWII style in every middle eastern country.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2019, 11:52:20 PM »
I never understood why Trump chose Bolton.  Yeah, I "get it"  about opposing viewpoints and such,  but  Trump seemed to want us to not get involved in foreign places going sideways while Bolton seemed a little to eager to knock other places sideways ....

Hopefully the next office holder will be a better match up.
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2019, 12:06:56 AM »
Bolton was perfect in the UN. Piss everyone off, no real power. The role he was born to play. Anywhere else, way too dangerous.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Silver Bullet

• friend
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2019, 12:19:45 AM »
As I recall, Bolton was the one who stood up to the U.N. in the early days of Bush Jr. first term.  They wanted us to sign a treaty to do away with private ownership of firearms, or something like that.  He's always been one of my heroes for that.

Regolith

• friend
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2019, 12:33:03 AM »
I never understood why Trump chose Bolton.  Yeah, I "get it"  about opposing viewpoints and such,  but  Trump seemed to want us to not get involved in foreign places going sideways while Bolton seemed a little to eager to knock other places sideways ....

Best theory I've heard is that Bolton was Trump's attack dog. Any time he'd want to subtly (or not so subtly) threaten someone, he'd start talking about how maybe he should start listening to Bolton...

From what I've heard, Bolton was starting to slip his leash, and may have screwed up a few deals Trump wanted to go through as a result. Not sure if there's any truth to it or not, but it'd explain why Trump decided to can him.
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. - Thomas Jefferson

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. - William Pitt the Younger

Perfectly symmetrical violence never solved anything. - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

brimic

• friends
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2019, 07:35:12 AM »
Bolton's only qualification, and its a good one, was that he hated the UN.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

MikeB

• friend
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2019, 09:11:35 AM »
Bolton's only qualification, and its a good one, was that he hated the UN.

This for me too. I wasn’t ever really a fan of Bolton except when he was giving the UN or some so called allies fits.

I think the whole todos about various people leaving, resigned, fired whatever is overblown. Especially in this administration, but past ones too both Republican and Democrat. All administrations go through turnover, I haven’t looked lately, but a year or so ago when the media was making yet another big deal about turnover in the Trump admin there were a few articles that compared his to recent past administrations and showed the turnover numbers were not abnormal.

Pb

• friend
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2019, 09:34:53 AM »
Good riddance, if Bolton had his way, we'd be fighting WWII style in every middle eastern country.

I agree completely.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2019, 10:10:25 AM »
Ride for the brand.
Don't like the job move on down the road.
Don't actively work to publicaly undermine the boss and expect to stay on.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2019, 10:33:28 AM »
Senator Rand Paul

Verified account

@RandPaul
 18h18 hours ago
More
The threat of war around the world has been greatly diminished, with John Bolton out of the White House. I’m live on @FoxNews right now with @TeamCavuto, tune in!
Senator Rand Paul tweeted this yesterday. 

I agree that Bolton is a war hawk, but I liked that he was perfectly fine with pissing everyone off at the UN.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

DittoHead

• friend
  • Writing for the Bulwark since August 2019
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2019, 10:47:35 AM »
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2019, 11:33:43 AM »

Barack Obama

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2019, 04:11:11 PM »
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2019, 10:08:50 PM »
Senator Rand Paul tweeted this yesterday. 

I agree that Bolton is a war hawk, but I liked that he was perfectly fine with pissing everyone off at the UN.

Agreed.

If nothing else,  it was refreshing to have a guy that wasn't just apologizing for the US  existing every chance he got.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2019, 02:27:30 AM »

brimic

• friends
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2019, 06:50:17 PM »