Author Topic: Sexual assault in the military: not just for women  (Read 1151 times)

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
Re: Sexual assault in the military: not just for women
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2019, 06:14:15 PM »
And until recently, the military didn't either.

Gotta call bullshit on that one.
It was ignored, it was covered up, it was silenced, but it was known.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2019, 08:26:50 PM »

230RN

• It's like swimming to shore in an ebb tide.
  • friend
  • Pushing back. Help me out, here...
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2019, 04:23:02 AM »
Had to snoop around for a bit until I discovered what "mando training" was:

https://www.mandosecurity.com/training-academy/

Apparently some of them get discharges which strip them of civil rights.... like possessing a firearm.  That ticks me off quite a bit --beyond the mere fact of the assaults.

Terry, 230RN

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2019, 04:58:30 AM »
SAPR training has been pushing this fact for some time in order to help men feel comfortable reporting it.
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2019, 08:40:30 AM »
Had to snoop around for a bit until I discovered what "mando training" was:

https://www.mandosecurity.com/training-academy/

Apparently some of them get discharges which strip them of civil rights.... like possessing a firearm.  That ticks me off quite a bit --beyond the mere fact of the assaults.

Terry, 230RN

No, mandatory training, much like mandatory fun, mandatory working weekends, mandatory drill period or the many other things an employer that owns you can mandate.

I still maintain that yes sexual assault of all kinds is for sure there, but yes the scope of the problem is blown way out of hand and used as a tool box the usual suspects to year down an institution that they don't like, also one they can't directly attack anymore like they did post Vietnam. Also, we became a giant cultural experiment lab in Obama times. A bunch of total be having zero relevance to warheads on foreheads.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

230RN

• It's like swimming to shore in an ebb tide.
  • friend
  • Pushing back. Help me out, here...
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2019, 08:18:05 AM »
No, mandatory training, much like mandatory fun, mandatory working weekends, mandatory drill period or the many other things an employer that owns you can mandate.

Well the  Mando company was the first bunch of hits (dogpile search engine) that came up on a search of "mando training," so I reckoned that was what was meant.

(I sometimes suspect the practical utility of search engines since the hits that come up are so easily manipulated by the powers that be.  I have no idea why, but just about everything I search for lately has the initial hit on "photographs that Melania Trump would not want you to see," or some wordiage like that.)

I still maintain that yes sexual assault of all kinds is for sure there, but yes the scope of the problem is blown way out of hand and used as a tool box [for] the usual suspects to tear down an institution that they don't like, also one they can't directly attack anymore like they did post Vietnam. Also, we became a giant cultural experiment lab in Obama times. A bunch of total bs having zero relevance to warheads on foreheads.

Probably true, but to bring this out could easily result in screechy accusations of paranoia by "the usual suspects," AKA "them" or "they."

Terry