Author Topic: O'Rourke: "No Credit Cards for Gun Sales"  (Read 1047 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
O'Rourke: "No Credit Cards for Gun Sales"
« on: September 12, 2019, 10:56:01 AM »
You know what? Good. I'll pay cash and continue to legally skip the background check here in Idaho, and nobody needs to know what guns I have. Don't even get me started on "stopping criminals". I'll be interested to see if he brings this crap up at the debate, and what the other candidates say.

He simply has no idea what kind of a slippery slope this would create. Others on his side do though, and would happily keep the ball rolling to deny CC purchases for all kinds of stuff. Actually many on the right would like it as well to control the stuff they don't approve of.

https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2019/09/12/you-fing-clown-beto-orourke-wants-to-stop-criminals-from-using-their-credit-cards-to-buy-guns/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
Re: O'Rourke: "No Credit Cards for Gun Sales"
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2019, 10:57:06 AM »
...and those without the mark could do no commerce...

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2019, 11:47:28 AM »
...and those without the mark could do no commerce...

=)
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

HankB

• friend
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2019, 01:26:16 PM »
And the next step is to do away with cash, so they can establish absolute fiscal control . . .

(They're actually working on this in Scandinavia.)
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2019, 01:29:51 PM »
Actually many on the right would like it as well to control the stuff they don't approve of.

Huh? Who on the right has proposed such a thing?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2019, 02:21:32 PM »
Huh? Who on the right has proposed such a thing?

I didn't say someone proposed it, I said they'd like it. You don't think Peter King would ride that train if someone else set the precedent? Jeff Sessions?
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2019, 02:31:17 PM »
I didn't say someone proposed it, I said they'd like it. You don't think Peter King would ride that train if someone else set the precedent? Jeff Sessions?
IMO, it is a common discussion topic on this board.  No matter what crazy nonsense the left does or says, the right is the "real" bad guy because they might not disagree with the left enough.      

The only part I care about is getting drawn into discussing potential bad guys on the right instead of the actual bad guys on the left.  
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2019, 02:48:31 PM »
IMO, it is a common discussion topic on this board.  No matter what crazy nonsense the left does or says, the right is the "real" bad guy because they might not disagree with the left enough.      

The only part I care about is getting drawn into discussing potential bad guys on the right instead of the actual bad guys on the left.  

Would TSA exist if not for Republicans? I won't give anyone who lives off my tax dollars a free ride on taking my freedoms away, regardless of party.

Peter King is worse than many democrats. Jeff Sessions is worse than many democrats. Peter King will support removing all freedoms necessary "for my safety" if it stops hadji terrorists. Jeff Sessions, while AG, was promoting confiscation of money and property from people accused of, but not convicted of, a crime. That's not "not disagreeing with the left enough".

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2019, 02:55:16 PM »

The Patriot Act was enacted during a Republican presidency, and Bush couldn't wait to sign it.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2019, 02:56:43 PM »
Would TSA exist if not for Republicans?

Or the PATRIOT act?

Doh!  Hawkmoon beat me. 

Still, the PATRIOT act gets renewed and embiggened every year, no questions asked.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2019, 03:16:58 PM »
Why do all of you still speak as if there are two parties?