Author Topic: 20 Year Old Submerged Car and Body  (Read 549 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
20 Year Old Submerged Car and Body
« on: September 12, 2019, 01:05:39 PM »
I thought this was interesting in that the Google Earth image showed the car pretty close to shore, and with decent enough water visibility to see the car. You would think someone locally would have seen it before now. Or maybe they did and thought it was "just part of the pond". Though I wonder why the cops decided to pull it now if that's the case.

Gotta wonder how many other "finds" like this are on GE.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/florida-skeletal-remains-google-earth-retention-pond
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MechAg94

• friend
Re: 20 Year Old Submerged Car and Body
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2019, 03:20:36 PM »
I seem to remember one of the shows on Discovery Channel had a story is nearly identical to that (I thought it was in Canada).  This story and the linked article both say this guy was just found so maybe it was just similar.  

“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2019, 03:24:57 PM »
Hard to imagine if someone I knew or a family member just disappeared like that. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2019, 03:28:43 PM »
I seem to remember one of the shows on Discovery Channel had a story is nearly identical to that (I thought it was in Canada).  This story and the linked article both say this guy was just found so maybe it was just similar.  

Yeah, I saw that one the other day and thought it coincidental that another one showed up so quickly.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2019, 03:47:12 PM »
I remember Stacy Sparks in Seattle.  I had just started grad school when they found her: https://www.reddit.com/r/UnresolvedMysteries/comments/6zr2d6/1981_stacy_sparks_discovered_by_chance_after/

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2019, 03:54:14 PM »
On a side note, my wife and I found a car washed up on the shore of lake michigan this spring after the ice went out. The car was upside down, and only the front 4'-5' of the car wasn't buried in the gravel.
I posted pics on a car group on facebutt, and was told it was a '59-60 chrysler.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

griz

• friend
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2019, 04:06:57 PM »
Here's a similar one with three teenagers who disappeared for 40 years:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2014/10/27/identified-three-oklahoma-teens-missing-40-years-found-at-the-bottom-of-a-lake/

By the way, I saw an episode of Creek Stewart's SOS show where a guy's car went off the side of a steep 200 foot drop.  It came to rest beside another car who's driver was dead.  Fortunately he survived.  Although injured, the car wasn't visible from the road but his family found him alive after six days.
Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2019, 04:17:50 PM »
I posted pics on a car group on facebutt, and was told it was a '59-60 chrysler.
There's a creek that goes through a park not too far away that has an old car still mostly buried beside it.  When I was in high school it took some hiking to get to but they've since put in a path that goes right by it.  I don't know exactly what it was but the rear bumper had Fluid Drive stamped into it which means it was a Chrysler too.  A bit older than the one you saw, I think.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2019, 04:41:06 PM »
Here's a similar one with three teenagers who disappeared for 40 years:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2014/10/27/identified-three-oklahoma-teens-missing-40-years-found-at-the-bottom-of-a-lake/

By the way, I saw an episode of Creek Stewart's SOS show where a guy's car went off the side of a steep 200 foot drop.  It came to rest beside another car who's driver was dead.  Fortunately he survived.  Although injured, the car wasn't visible from the road but his family found him alive after six days.

I'm surprised the story didn't mention that they found 2 cars in that lake. The other also had bodies from an earlier unexplained disappearance.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams