Author Topic: Climate Confessions  (Read 4575 times)

brimic

• friends
Re: Climate Confessions
« Reply #25 on: September 19, 2019, 03:53:57 PM »
I pour old gas on the ground behind my shed.  We heat the house to 78 in the winter.  I ran up two months of electric bills of $230.00 a month keeping the house cool during our heat wave.

A/C is not only bad for the environment, but its incredibly sexist as well.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #26 on: September 19, 2019, 04:18:13 PM »
A/C is not only bad for the environment, but its incredibly sexist as well.

So much the better.  He gets double shitlord points.
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #27 on: September 19, 2019, 07:49:00 PM »
Nuts. Elizabeth Warren is better at this than I am.

Elizabeth Warren

@ewarren

Every so often while I’m traveling around the country, I’ll have someone come up to me and say, “I’d love to grab a beer with you.” Well, here’s your chance. Chip in now to be automatically entered and, if you win, we’ll fly you and a friend out to grab a drink with me.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Calumus

• friend
« Reply #28 on: September 19, 2019, 07:57:29 PM »
HankB wins.

We also have more cars than drivers, including a 4wd Jeep thats only really necessary 4-5 days a year if my wife chooses not to work from home those days. In the spring and summer, I often will spend Friday evenings hanging out at a quarter mile strip of pavement laid down in the middle of pristine farm land. While there, I will often heat my tires releasing foul smelling smoke into the atmosphere and then proceed to run the car full throttle for around 11 seconds over and over for no good reason.  I'll also usually consume some red meat heated over red hot chunks of coal in between runs...

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #29 on: September 19, 2019, 10:28:33 PM »
I commute too far, but bought a 35mpg car due to the economics. I heat with wood but if no one else is here I like the house at about 63. The AC ran for five weeks this year, more than normal. I eat meat but I strive to produce a fair amount of my own protein. I drive off road to rape the land of indigenous critters but I pick up a bag of trash every time I do. I don't recycle everything I can but I teach my offspring to focus more on the reduce and reuse as they are far more important than the lazy R. I used no lawn or garden chemicals this year. My bees and native bugs thank me.

We can not be woke leftists and still give a crap about the world we live in.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #30 on: September 19, 2019, 10:52:20 PM »
NBC "News" (note quotes) wants people to confess their climate sins.

I don't know that I have any climate sins, but I do have some awesome climate stuff I do.

I live in Idaho
I burn half my trash
They don't have recycling bins for rural pickup and I throw away hundreds of plastic bottles
I have cheap electricity and use a ton of it
I have a wood stove
I BBQ
I drive 100 mile round trip just to try a new burger joint

That's all I can think of off the top of my head, but I know there is way more awesome stuff  I do because smart people invented stuff to make my life easier.

https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2019/09/18/feeling-guilty-about-contributing-to-global-warming-nbc-news-is-taking-climate-confessions-definitely-not-a-religion-though/

filled in the online confessional

<wail!>

I flush.  Every time!

Mea culpa.  Mea maxima culpa.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #31 on: September 19, 2019, 10:52:45 PM »
Woke folk are logic-impaired.

My town has had recycling for many years. Mind you, we don't have municipal trash collection but, for those of us who make the weekly Saturday pilgrimage to the transfer station (formerly sanitary landfill, and before that just "the dump"), we are expected to separate recyclables from "trash" and to deposit this into the appropriate dumpster. But the rules keep changing. At one time, newspaper had to be separate from magazines and office paper, and both had to be separate from corrugated cardboard. Non-corrugated cardboard was "trash." Now? All of the above go into the same dumpster.

Also in previous years, plastics went into one repository (but only two of the six classes), glass went into another (but, inexplicably, not green glass -- that was "trash"), and cans went into another. Now glass, all classes or recyclable plastic, and all glass go into the same dumpster.

We now also have a 40-foot storage container devoted to collecting computers, monitors, televisions, and printers. But you're not allowed to touch anything once it has been discarded.

As many of us know, though, the most effective way to recycle is to reuse, thereby keeping things out of the waste stream entirely. Other towns in my state recognize this and at their transfer stations have established areas, or even entire buildings, where people can deposit stuff that still works but that they don't want or need -- and other people can come in, pick through it, and take whatever they want, for free. I have suggested to my town government multiple times that we do this. I've given up suggesting it, because I have been summarily rejected each time I mentioned it. Apparently my town's governing politburo fears the notion of hoi polloi being attracted to our pristine utopian paradise by the siren song of our ... trash.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #32 on: September 19, 2019, 10:55:24 PM »
Okay -- I confess:

When I shower, after soaping up I don't shut off the water while I scrub.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #33 on: September 19, 2019, 10:58:34 PM »
Okay -- I confess:

When I shower, after soaping up I don't shut off the water while I scrub.

I shower twice a day. On summer days it's often 3 or 4. Beat that.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #34 on: September 20, 2019, 01:23:50 AM »
I shower twice a day. On summer days it's often 3 or 4. Beat that.

The female sailors on the Iwo were taking so many showers a day (dodging work) that they depleted half our fresh water in a matter of days and got the entire ship put on water hours.  Normally our plant made s much excess we had to dump fresh water back into the ocean.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #35 on: September 20, 2019, 06:07:10 AM »
I’m a straight white ultra right wing male, which of course is the greatest sin of all time. I maintain machines that rape the earth. I live in a large house that is far larger than our “needs” and i keep it as cold as our A/C can. I have four methane emitting and resource using dogs. My wife drives a hummer (only the baby H3, wish it was an H1), i drive a V8 pickup and we both drive 45 mins to work. I eat meat, and lots of it.

Too bad I’m not a woke climate change leader with multiple mansions and a private jet that burns a couple thousand pounds per hour of fuel, I’d be so much more earth friendly then!
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #36 on: September 20, 2019, 12:18:00 PM »

Too bad I’m not a woke climate change leader with multiple mansions and a private jet that burns a couple thousand pounds per hour of fuel, I’d be so much more earth friendly then!

Well, if you were half as woke as (for example) Al Gore, you would just buy "carbon credits" to atone for your climatic excesses.

What the bleep is a "carbon credit," anyway? To me that sounds like buying charcoal briquets using a Visa card.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #37 on: September 20, 2019, 12:41:59 PM »
Well, if you were half as woke as (for example) Al Gore, you would just buy "carbon credits" to atone for your climatic excesses.

What the bleep is a "carbon credit," anyway? To me that sounds like buying charcoal briquets using a Visa card.
It is paperwork fiction.  The people running the carbon credit exchanges (the politicians and wealthy pushing global warming) would make a cut of the exchanges and net quite a bit of money.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Calumus

• friend
« Reply #38 on: September 20, 2019, 03:23:27 PM »
It is paperwork fiction.  The people running the carbon credit exchanges (the politicians and wealthy pushing global warming) would make a cut of the exchanges and net quite a bit of money.

Not just would, did....

https://www.quora.com/Is-Al-Gore-really-profiting-from-his-climate-change-advocacy-via-carbon-trading-programs-or-is-it-more-right-wing-fake-news

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #39 on: September 20, 2019, 03:36:21 PM »
I believe one or two of you can beat me, but I have 4 children. (And we'd like even more.)

That right there beats everything the rest of your put down.

Additionally, I'm teaching them that the climate crap is a bunch of hysterical claptrap, not science.

Anyone else care to trump that?
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #40 on: September 20, 2019, 03:36:27 PM »
Okay.  I remember seeing an article saying Obama and some wealthy friends were trying to set up a carbon exchange in Chicago about the time he was pushing for carbon credit legislation as President.  
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #41 on: September 20, 2019, 08:14:01 PM »
I can't run with you big dogs of climate sin,  but I did enjoy this tasty steak, grown from an EXTRA flatulant steer.  (got him from the 4H auction!)  1 1/4 ribeye of climate denying goodness, served with potatoes dug by tractor,  corn fertilized and pesticided  to GMO perfection, and washed down with gin from another continent!

And I'm gonna have a fire tonight because the county has outlawed fun.  >:D

"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.