Author Topic: Video shows Trudeau in blackface in 3rd instance of racist makeup  (Read 1900 times)

MechAg94

• friend
Video shows Trudeau in blackface in 3rd instance of racist makeup
« on: September 20, 2019, 10:05:12 AM »
https://globalnews.ca/news/5922861/justin-trudeau-brownface-video/

Embroiled in a scandal over his past wearing of blackface and brownface, Liberal Leader Justin Trudeau said Thursday he had a message for racialized Canadians specifically.

“What I did hurt them, hurt people who shouldn’t have to face intolerance and discrimination because of their identity,” he told reporters.

I came across this.  I find it interesting that all these liberals/leftists who would likely condemn anyone else for doing this have all been caught out doing this in their past. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
Re: Video shows Trudeau in blackface in 3rd instance of racist makeup
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2019, 10:07:20 AM »
And that gives me a good excuse to post this:    =D
https://babylonbee.com/news/elizabeth-warren-admits-to-wearing-paleface-at-college-costume-party
Elizabeth Warren Admits To Wearing Paleface At College Costume Party

Senator Elizabeth Warren is embroiled in controversy once again, this time after she admitted to wearing racially offensive "paleface" at a costume party back in her college days.

...and the follow up quote:
Warren was also photographed with a friend dressed as a KKK member, but she refused to distance herself from that photograph, calling the KKK "an important part of the history of abortion rights in America, for which I have fought my whole career."
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2019, 10:08:23 AM »
I'll give him credit for telling the lefty MSM to stop covering for him with the "costume makeup" stuff and to call it blackface. That's exactly what they call it when someone they don't like does it.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2019, 11:23:52 AM »
It would be funny to see a Native American or other minority wear white face.  I am sure it has been done, but it would still be funny.  See if they can get leftists to comment on it.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2019, 11:34:02 AM »
It would be funny to see a Native American or other minority wear white face.  I am sure it has been done, but it would still be funny.  See if they can get leftists to comment on it.

Huh? Off the top of my head:

I'm sure there's far more. It's perfectly acceptable, though. Because reasons.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2019, 12:04:16 PM »
But those were a while back before leftists declared all this to be bad. 

That said, Trudeau at least went ahead and owned up to what happened and apologized.  He at least is attempting to be consistent. (of course he got caught red handed so not much other choice)

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2019, 12:49:30 PM »
I read these sort of stories over the years, and I can honestly say that it never occurred to me to dress up in blackface, or a Nazi uniform, or Klan robes as a joke.  I will admit to at one time having a ST:TNG uniform, in commander's rank, though.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2019, 01:57:39 PM »
Well, now I have to take back the good thing I said about him. Apparently as penance  he's vowing to ban ar15s in canada.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2019, 02:27:41 PM »
I read these sort of stories over the years, and I can honestly say that it never occurred to me to dress up in blackface, or a Nazi uniform, or Klan robes as a joke.  I will admit to at one time having a ST:TNG uniform, in commander's rank, though.
Don't you think you should apologize to Star Trek fans for your past deeds?

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2019, 02:53:24 PM »

So... Riker?

You should definitely apologize for dressing up like Riker.

And I have to say, I'm also rather stunned by the number of people dressing up in blackface, and other bad ideas.

I do have to admit, I think I once dressed up in green/gold face. I at least put on the uniform. I must now apologize to all Android-Americans for appropriating their culture. Android Culture is NOT A COSTUME!

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2019, 03:34:49 PM »
I saw someone posted a picture of Trudeau with President Trump with the headline "Trump meets with known racist!".

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2019, 08:36:08 AM »
It's OK, he's one of our woke betters, so he gets a permanent pass. If you don't get that, you're a turbo double super secret racist Nazi.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2019, 10:42:56 AM »
Canadians right now:
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2019, 11:43:43 AM »
Funny how it seems to be mostly liberals caught in blackface   :rofl:
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2019, 12:39:14 PM »
Disappointing he gets a pass for all the other crap he is worthless for, his huge pay to play scandal, terrible policies, Muslim appeasement. Nobody cares. Wear a little make-up and everyone loses their minds!

Trudeau, Obama, Macron, I am really worried about great power, in two cases nuclear, being given to beta males that are ruled by their women. Be much happier with a Thatcher type who knew who wore the pants in the family. This soy boy trend is the electoral equivalent of Jody in the military. He such a nice guy, but not in that way! Yeah, until you deploy...
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

castle key

• friend
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2019, 02:33:36 PM »
If he loses his position, could he be a viable candidate for Governor of Virginia?
Vigilate hoc, tenendum per ebrietatem.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2019, 03:42:12 PM »
If he loses his position, could he be a viable candidate for Governor of Virginia?

A warm foil wrapped potato could be a successful va governor.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2019, 07:13:57 AM »
A warm foil wrapped potato could be a successful va governor.

I'd vote for that, so long as the foil is shiny side in.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2019, 08:40:41 AM »
I'd vote for that, so long as the foil is shiny side in.

It better have onions, or it's not getting my vote.

Pb

• friend
« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2019, 09:00:35 AM »
People get offended over the stupidest crap these days.   ;/