Author Topic: Impeach rhymes with screech  (Read 62791 times)

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Re: Impeach rhymes with screech
« Reply #300 on: January 15, 2020, 12:40:14 PM »
"The main negative to hearing more witnesses is it will likely stretch the impeachment fiasco to many weeks."

Gee... I wonder if the Dems actually realized that that would be the case....
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #301 on: January 15, 2020, 04:15:46 PM »
Apparently according to Nadler “the Senate is on trial as well as the president”
https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2020/01/15/impeachment-manager-jerry-nadler-the-senate-is-on-trial-as-well-as-the-president/

Did I miss a memo somewhere along the line?
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #302 on: January 15, 2020, 05:30:04 PM »
"The main negative to hearing more witnesses is it will likely stretch the impeachment fiasco to many weeks."

Gee... I wonder if the Dems actually realized that that would be the case....
Considering the trailing Democrats that the party doesn't like would be stuck in the Senate for the duration instead of campaigning in Iowa and New Hampshire, I think they do.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #303 on: January 15, 2020, 06:31:51 PM »
In the photo of Pelosi signing the papers to send the impeachment to the senate, why is Pelosi smiling?

I'll tell you why.  She is doing this for fun.  It makes her happy that she is sticking it to Trump, regardless of the outcome of the impeachment vote.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #304 on: January 15, 2020, 07:23:48 PM »
In the photo of Pelosi signing the papers to send the impeachment to the senate, why is Pelosi smiling?

I'll tell you why.  She is doing this for fun.  It makes her happy that she is sticking it to Trump, regardless of the outcome of the impeachment vote.

Such solemnity. Such prayerfulness. I'm sure she's just relieved that the burden is on to the Senate, and out of her hands.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #305 on: January 15, 2020, 07:27:26 PM »
My children  :facepalm:

.@SpeakerPelosi: "Listen my children and you will hear about an assault on the Constitution of the United States undermining the republic for which our flag stands by the President of the United States."

Full video here: https://t.co/TCjCWIM7gG pic.twitter.com/RP7tzi5uud

— CSPAN (@cspan) January 15, 2020
https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2020/01/15/what-a-joke-nancy-pelosis-fresh-impeachment-spin-on-the-midnight-ride-of-paul-revere-sends-heads-crashing-to-desks/
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #306 on: January 15, 2020, 07:34:07 PM »

Solemn and serious event.

On the bright side, after Trump gets an easy win later this year, we'll be pushing through more judges that know what the constitution is, and maybe we'll even get a hearing protection act and some other things to wipe that smile off her face.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #307 on: January 16, 2020, 08:21:59 AM »
What a dichotomy yesterday, eh? Images of Laughing Nancy Pelosi signing impeachment articles with her monogrammed pens on a silver platter, to be given out as souveniers, vs images of Trump signing the China trade deal. I understand by the end of next week, he'll also be signing USMCA.

How does he not walk away with the 2020 election? JMO, but I highly suspect China finally accepted this deal because they too, think Trump is a shoe-in. I believe a part of their strategy to this point was stalling until this year in hopes of a pushover dem getting elected. Now they are looking at cutting their losses.

« Last Edit: January 16, 2020, 08:38:43 AM by Ben »
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #308 on: January 16, 2020, 08:30:39 AM »
Also slight tangent, but I thought this was as interesting as it was funny:

https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2020/01/15/ouch-jeopardy-contestants-come-up-empty-on-identity-of-democrat-impeachment-circus-ringleader/

None of the contestants could identify Schiff. Now I may be wrong, but I would say that Jeopardy contestants are above average in intelligence and well-read. I'm not sure  I know what this might mean about the population in general, but I can't help but think impeachment may be much lower in the public's consciousness than I thought, or that the media (both left and right) would have us believe.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #309 on: January 16, 2020, 09:12:30 AM »
How does he not walk away with the 2020 election? JMO, but I highly suspect China finally accepted this deal because they too, think Trump is a shoe-in. I believe a part of their strategy to this point was stalling until this year in hopes of a pushover dem getting elected. Now they are looking at cutting their losses.

In an honest, free and fair election Trump's reelection would be a no brainer. The shitshow on turbo-steroids we are going to see this year is gonna be epic. IMO the dems were so sure of a Hillary win that they hardly engaged the fraud machine at all. For 2020 they've added turbos, nitrous, afterburners, and stolen the hyperdrive technology from Area 51. It's gonna get "interesting".
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #310 on: January 16, 2020, 09:22:50 AM »
In an honest, free and fair election Trump's reelection would be a no brainer. The shitshow on turbo-steroids we are going to see this year is gonna be epic. IMO the dems were so sure of a Hillary win that they hardly engaged the fraud machine at all. For 2020 they've added turbos, nitrous, afterburners, and stolen the hyperdrive technology from Area 51. It's gonna get "interesting".
IMO, the did do that in LA and New York which is obvious when you look at the precinct by precinct map.  I might be more widespread this time.  We will see.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #311 on: January 16, 2020, 09:23:34 AM »

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #312 on: January 16, 2020, 09:58:20 AM »
What a dichotomy yesterday, eh? Images of Laughing Nancy Pelosi signing impeachment articles with her monogrammed pens on a silver platter, to be given out as souveniers, vs images of Trump signing the China trade deal. I understand by the end of next week, he'll also be signing USMCA.

Remember when Trump handed out pens some in the media ran with the story that Trump was sending a message of violence because the pens looked like bullets?
Well https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2020/01/16/nancy-pelosis-impeachment-swag-pens-look-a-lot-like-bullets/
« Last Edit: January 16, 2020, 01:06:26 PM by WLJ »
- Calvin and Hobbes

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #313 on: January 16, 2020, 10:50:53 AM »
When Clinton was impeached, did the House Speaker hand out souvenir pens? 
"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #314 on: January 17, 2020, 03:25:17 PM »
Rand Paul threatens fellow Republicans with explosive witness votes
https://www.politico.com/amp/news/2020/01/15/rand-paul-witness-votes-impeachment-099407?__twitter_impression=true
Paul says if four or more of his GOP colleagues join with Democrats to entertain new witness testimony, he will make the Senate vote on subpoenaing the president’s preferred witnesses, including Hunter Biden and the whistleblower who revealed the Ukraine scandal — polarizing picks who moderate Republicans aren’t eager to call. So he has a simple message for his party: end the trial before witnesses are called.

“If you vote against Hunter Biden, you’re voting to lose your election, basically. Seriously. That’s what it is,” Paul said during an interview in his office on Wednesday. “If you don’t want to vote and you think you’re going to have to vote against Hunter Biden, you should just vote against witnesses, period.”

Sounds like he is trying to put pressure on the weaker Republicans who are tempted to side with Democrats on hearing more witnesses. 

After hearing opening arguments and questioning from House impeachment managers and the White House counsel, the Senate is expected to take a vote on whether to consider the witness issue at all, according to senators familiar with McConnell’s plans. If the Senate agrees to hear witnesses, every senator will have the chance to force a motion seeking testimony.

Perd Hapley

• friend

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #316 on: January 19, 2020, 03:19:18 PM »
To go with the impeachment pens......
https://babylonbee.com/news/pelosi-releases-limited-edition-replica-of-dentures-she-was-wearing-during-trump-impeachment
Pelosi Releases Limited-Edition Replica Of Dentures Worn During Trump Impeachment

Pelosi is also auctioning off a limited number of empty vodka bottles, the contents of which were consumed during the impeachment proceedings.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #317 on: January 19, 2020, 03:36:44 PM »
All impeachment, all the time

Democrat Rep. Maxine Waters: there may be more “impeachment activity,” “we will not stop”

It will NEVER be enough for Democrats. pic.twitter.com/mpsoFhi0fk

— Steve Guest (@SteveGuest) January 19, 2020
https://twitchy.com/jacobb-38/2020/01/19/what-in-the-world-maxine-waters-is-out-there-talking-about-another-impeachment-activity/
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #318 on: January 21, 2020, 03:00:47 PM »
The poor reporters are complaining about a metal detector installed forthe impeachment hearings.

Installing a magnetometer means the Senate trial will have a soundtrack of “beep, beep, beep” as 90+ reporters walk in and out all day. There is no additional safety or security brought by bringing such a device into reporter work space

Yet they think it's a good idea for everyone else.

https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2020/01/21/it-was-like-omaha-beach-out-there-media-firefighters-struggle-to-cope-with-the-metal-detector-in-the-senate-press-gallery/

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #319 on: January 22, 2020, 05:05:36 PM »
This is the most brilliant legal presentation I have heard. None comes close. The tone, the facts, the anticipated defenses. I am in awe.
She's referring to Schiff  :facepalm:

That and many of the comments make me wonder

https://twitter.com/JRubinBlogger/status/1220073127696355330?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #320 on: January 22, 2020, 05:22:57 PM »
https://thefederalist.com/2020/01/21/impeachment-has-become-a-dangerous-new-normal/

For the first 187 years of American history, exactly one president, Andrew Johnson in the 1860s, faced impeachment. In the last 45 years, three presidents have... Put another way, only one of the first 36 presidents had impeachment brought against him, but three of the last nine have.

Consider that from 1787 to 1992 the Constitution was amended 27 times, or roughly every seven years. Since 1992 there have been no successful amendments. For most of American history, Congress was able to conduct its positive duty of amendment often, but almost never its most negative one, impeachment. Now the exact opposite is true.

Angel Eyes

• friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #321 on: January 22, 2020, 05:28:47 PM »
For the first 187 years of American history, exactly one president, Andrew Johnson in the 1860s, faced impeachment. In the last 45 years, three two presidents have...

Fixed.

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #322 on: January 22, 2020, 05:36:20 PM »
Fixed.

Only because Nixon resigned before they could hold the vote.

Angel Eyes

• friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #323 on: January 22, 2020, 05:40:18 PM »
Only because Nixon resigned before they could hold the vote.

True.

Still not impeached.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #324 on: January 22, 2020, 09:33:25 PM »
He didn't say 3 were impeached. He said 3 faced impeachment. I guess one might find talk of impeachment in other administrations.