Author Topic: Impeach rhymes with screech  (Read 62822 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: Impeach rhymes with screech
« Reply #50 on: October 04, 2019, 09:54:15 AM »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #51 on: October 04, 2019, 05:38:49 PM »
Something odd I've noticed about Trump.

He always says things and acts like he has absolutely zero regard for the consequences. Its ZFG all the time.

He always acts like the end result of his presidency is already a given, and it's winning.

Every "scandel" that crops up he just wades into fists flying.

What if the Trump team already has enough evidence of Democrat wrongdoing or treason and they are just playing with the Dems?

What if they really are going to take down a bunch of leftist players right before the election?

Unlikely I suspect.

Sure would be something though if that's what happens.

Shaping up to be a crazy year regardless.

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

DittoHead

• friend
  • Writing for the Bulwark since August 2019
« Reply #52 on: October 04, 2019, 05:59:58 PM »
What if the Trump team already has enough evidence of Democrat wrongdoing or treason and they are just playing with the Dems?
What if they really are going to take down a bunch of leftist players right before the election?

That bombshell is always just around the corner...
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #53 on: October 04, 2019, 08:40:54 PM »
Sadly I do not believe any of the top players will be held accountable for their crimes.
Maybe, just maybe, a small handful of lower level scumbags might (Strozk, Page, ???) stand trial but I'm not optimistic.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #54 on: October 05, 2019, 10:59:17 AM »
That bombshell is always just around the corner...
You could say the same about what the Democrats are saying.  They always have the next surefire accusation that is guaranteed to justify impeachment.  The media begins acting as if it is true when no evidence is yet given.  Then it turns out there is no evidence and nothing happened.  The media and Democrats continue to screech for a while before moving to another accusation. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #55 on: October 05, 2019, 03:39:22 PM »
You could say the same about what the Democrats are saying.  They always have the next surefire accusation that is guaranteed to justify impeachment.  The media begins acting as if it is true when no evidence is yet given.  Then it turns out there is no evidence and nothing happened.  The media and Democrats continue to screech for a while before moving to another accusation. 

The latest one is "The Texts!"

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2019/10/04/us/politics/ukraine-text-messages-volker.html

Reading just that article makes Trump, et al., look like mobsters.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #56 on: October 05, 2019, 07:15:58 PM »

Deputy, get us some rope.  We're going to have a trial.

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #57 on: October 05, 2019, 07:26:33 PM »
I know it's me being like "the other side", but I'm getting to the same point that got me to go from 3rd party to voting for Trump. In that, when the next dem is President, I'm going to start demanding impeachment on swearing-in day, and demand investigations every single day of his/her presidency. I want nothing but investigations going on every single day about getting them thrown out of office.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #58 on: October 05, 2019, 08:41:52 PM »
They didn't even wait till.he was in office before they began the impeachment screachment.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #59 on: October 09, 2019, 09:29:42 AM »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #60 on: October 09, 2019, 01:17:34 PM »
 :facepalm:  And THAT'S pretty much the truth .
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #62 on: October 13, 2019, 01:36:37 PM »

Samuel Adams

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #63 on: October 13, 2019, 05:28:39 PM »
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #64 on: October 13, 2019, 11:31:44 PM »
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/465551-tlaib-says-democrats-have-discussed-detaining-white-house-officials-who-dont?amp&__twitter_impression=true
Tlaib says Democrats have discussed detaining White House officials who don't testify

How does this fit in that "balance" discussion from earlier?
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #65 on: October 14, 2019, 01:15:37 AM »
What's the over/under on Trump sending the USMC from 8th and I, or FBI HRT over to get his employees if the Sergeant-at-Arms gets frisky?  Especially if he gets frisky before a court rules on the whole "There's no actual impeachment hearing going on, so where's the authority to subpoena?" argument.

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #66 on: October 14, 2019, 05:52:11 AM »
I seriously doubt f Pelosi or any Democrat is that self aware or even cares.

Oh, she is aware, as are all politicians, but that doesn't matter because politics is always an "us vs them" fight.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #67 on: October 14, 2019, 08:46:52 AM »
What's the over/under on Trump sending the USMC from 8th and I, or FBI HRT over to get his employees if the Sergeant-at-Arms gets frisky?  Especially if he gets frisky before a court rules on the whole "There's no actual impeachment hearing going on, so where's the authority to subpoena?" argument.
Wouldn't that be using the military in a domestic situation?  Would we really want that?

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #68 on: October 14, 2019, 09:00:10 AM »
Wouldn't that be using the military in a domestic situation?  Would we really want that?

I didn't say I wanted it, I pondered that he might do it.

HRT isn't military though.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #69 on: October 14, 2019, 11:37:34 AM »
    Rand Paul: “Four senators, Democrats, wrote a letter to the Ukrainian government and said, ‘If you don't keep investigating Trump we may reconsider our bipartisan support for your aid ... Someone needs to actually, in an objective way, evaluate [the] letter ... That's a threat’” pic.twitter.com/59kyjIN46N
    — Ryan Saavedra (@RealSaavedra) October 13, 2019

Rand: If You're Going to Condemn Trump on Ukraine, You Need to Condemn Three Dems Too
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/cortneyobrien/2019/10/14/rand-wants-investigation-of-four-dems-who-sent-letter-to-ukraine-n2554655
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #70 on: October 15, 2019, 09:20:16 AM »

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #71 on: October 15, 2019, 10:31:49 AM »
https://www.westernjournal.com/damning-transcript-bill-clinton-call-shows-asked-tony-blairs-help-influence-election/amp/?__twitter_impression=true
Damning Transcript of Bill Clinton Call Shows He Asked for Tony Blair's Help To Influence Election

Not really a smoking gun, but about on par (maybe worse) with what Trump actually did.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #72 on: October 15, 2019, 10:37:02 AM »
https://www.westernjournal.com/damning-transcript-bill-clinton-call-shows-asked-tony-blairs-help-influence-election/amp/?__twitter_impression=true
Damning Transcript of Bill Clinton Call Shows He Asked for Tony Blair's Help To Influence Election

Not really a smoking gun, but about on par (maybe worse) with what Trump actually did.

Yeah, but that was different because ORANGE MAN BAD!
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #73 on: November 05, 2019, 01:46:06 PM »
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #74 on: November 07, 2019, 01:22:21 PM »
"I defied the rain..."

Grandiose nut-job has been plumping for impeachment since the beginning.

https://thefederalist.com/2019/11/07/anti-trump-whistleblowers-attorney-coup-has-started-we-will-get-rid-of-trump/
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife